• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Uriah said:

Here is the verse I posted from....nothing about 7 days here. (Devloved into mocking repeatedly-noted again) (and a sure sign of having nothing else to offer) 

Luke 17:27- They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

Gen 7

There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.

So are you saying that Moses was in error?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

9 minutes ago, The Light said:

So are you saying that Moses was in error?

Moses?           Nice try, by a mocking person who won't heed the words of Jesus

Edited by Uriah

Are you saying Jesus was in error?

8 minutes ago, Uriah said:

8 minutes ago, Uriah said:

Did Noah enter the ark? Did the flood come and destroy them all? Then both Moses and Jesus agree that Noah entered the ark and the flood came. Moses gives us an additional DETAIL that the flood comes 7 days after Noah enters the ark. Jesus gives us and additional DETAIL that they were eating and drinking until the day that Noah entered the ark?

Edited by The Light

Just now, The Light said:

Were they eating and drink until the day Noah entered the ark? Did the flood come and destroy them all? Then both Moses and Jesus agree. Moses gives us an additional DETAIL that the flood comes 7 days after Noah enters the ark. Jesus gives us and additional DETAIL that they were eating and drinking until the day that Noah entered the ark?

Luke 17:27- They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until............ the day that Noe entered....... into the ark, and......... the flood came,............ and destroyed them all.

Do you disagree with this?

1 minute ago, Uriah said:

Luke 17:27- They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until............ the day that Noe entered....... into the ark, and......... the flood came,............ and destroyed them all.

Do you disagree with this?

Sure. They were eating and drinking etc until the day that Noah entered the ark. And the flood did come and destroy them all.

Do you agree with this?

Gen 7

There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.

23 minutes ago, The Light said:

Sure. They were eating and drinking etc until the day that Noah entered the ark. And the flood did come and destroy them all.

Do you agree with this?

Gen 7

Ahhhh, ever so subtle. And quite circular. This is the attempt to make it an eventuality when Jesus said otherwise. Then you chop it into pieces to break away from "the selfsame day" and its consequences. Scripturally this is called "sleight".

The word of God is not disconnected...Whether English or the manuscript used for Genesis you are doing a butchery to word usage. ONLY by distorting and chopping can you appease a pre-trib demand.

"Selfsame" is a word of correspondence between two or more things, as in aforementioned; having just been said, told of, known, transpired, referenced, or even by comparison's sake.

There 11 times that "selfsame day" appears in the O.T. including Gen 7. ALL of them carry with them the connection of something PREVIOUS to what is contained afterwards. 

Yours is an aberrant usage (for an aberrant teaching) and does not follow the biblical comparisons. It is an ad hoc, desperate, scrambling attempt to save face for a failed doctrine of dark premise.

4 minutes ago, Uriah said:

Ahhhh, ever so subtle. And quite circular. This is the attempt to make it an eventuality when Jesus said otherwise. Then you chop it into pieces to break away from "the selfsame day" and its consequences. Scripturally this is called "sleight".

Dude. I can't shoot any straighter or quote the scripture any more exactly or give better examples. I feel like I have entered the twilight zone.

The word of God is not disconnected...Whether English or the manuscript used for Genesis you are doing a butchery to word usage. ONLY by distorting and chopping can you appease a pre-trib demand.

Yeah. I pointed out multiple times that Noah enters the ark (like the scripture says) I pointed out that the flood comes after seven days (like the scripture says) and I pointed out that that means that Noah did not enter the ark the day the flood began and that Noah, his family, and animals entered the ark in one day (like the scripture says) and not 7 day as you claim.

"Selfsame" is a word of correspondence between two or more things, as in aforementioned; having just been said, told of, known, transpired, referenced, or even by comparison's sake.

Hello, I think it was mentioned in what I termed account - 1, and it was mentioned in what I termed account 2 meaning that it was aforementioned; having just been said, told of, known, transpired, referenced, or even by comparison's sake.

What more proof do you need?

1 minute ago, The Light said:

Right, but you are terrified of the aforementioned "selfsame day"- the one previously stated when the windows of heaven were opened. No need to pretend that is unrelated to the things aforementioned. 

20 minutes ago, Uriah said:

Yours is an aberrant usage (for an aberrant teaching) and does not follow the biblical comparisons. It is an ad hoc, desperate, scrambling attempt to save face for a failed doctrine of dark premise.

So you're saying there's a chance.

I can't imagine what kind of response I would get if the scriptures hadn't completely proved you wrong (you saying that it took Noah 7 days to load the animals) I mean think about.