Who should I have submitted to? HELP

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

The believing wife sanctifies the home, her husband and her children. Explain that to hubby.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  464
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

Justin, I love how you always remind me of this. Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

May I ask what country you are in?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 7/16/2021 at 10:49 AM, Thewhitedove said:

My unsaved husband isnt a criminal by any means, but he doesnt stick to the law if he feels its illogical. 

We submit to Christ and a wife is to submit to her husband to the degree that he is in submission to Christ. The husband is to sacrifice himself for the wife the way that Jesus went to Calvary and sacrificed Himself for us. He lived His life as an example for us to follow. I do not think a wife is required to do anything unGodly or unscriptural. 

Romans 13 3For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Do you want to be unafraid of the one in authority? Then do what is right, and you will have his approval. 4For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not carry the sword in vain. He is God’s servant, an agent of retribution to the wrongdoer. 5Therefore it is necessary to submit to authority, not only to avoid punishment, but also as a matter of conscience.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 7/16/2021 at 11:49 AM, Thewhitedove said:

Myself, husband and 2 young children have recently flown to our home country. We are in Europe but live in a different European city normally.

The rules of my country are that we isolate for 10 days and take some covid tests in that time. It is within the rules to isolate with family.

I chose to isolate with my parents, alongside the kids. My in laws live 20 minutes away and due to space restrictions at my parents' house, my husband is isolating with his family. 

We had to register our details with a government website and we get phonecalls every day. We were told that members from 'the team' may do a doorstop check. They have only ever asked about me, not the children (who I registered on the website too. Failure to comply can result in a big fine, but for me the shame would be the worst thing.

My unsaved husband isnt a criminal by any means, but he doesnt stick to the law if he feels its illogical. 

Myself and our children have diligently been staying in my parents. Husband has been staying with his folks but has travelled down to see us for an hour and then gone back home a few times. This is against the rules, but his choice.

Yesterday he said he wanted to take the kids to his parents for the weekend. It is against the law for the children to break the isolation. I tried to protest and he told me that I am over reacting and what harm will it do.

As they are his children too, I couldn't withhold them from him. They have gone to my in-laws and I feel so anxious that I am going to get a knock on the door. What do I say? Do I lie? Or do I tell the truth and get my husband in trouble?

I am pregnant and I am sure the stress is making my pregnancy sickness worse. I cannot bear to be on tenterhooks like this all weekend. 

Stay praying, trust in Jesus, going over His word and following Peter's advice:

• 1Pe 3:1  -> "Likewise, wives, be in subjection to your own husbands, so that if any do not obey the Word, they may also be won without the Word by the conduct of the wives, having witnessed your chaste behavior in the fear of God. Of whom let not be the adorning of garments, or outward braiding of hair and wearing of gold, or of putting on clothing, but let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, the meek and quiet spirit, which is of great price in the sight of God. For so once indeed the holy women hoping in God adorned themselves, being in subjection to their own husbands; as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord; whose children you became, doing good and fearing no terror. "

Thanks everyone. I have to say that I was quite torn and ended my isolation 2 days earlier than I was supposed to. The rules were so nonsensical (contradictory and illogical) and I had had 3 negative covid tests by then. Also I was only breaking the rules to be with my husband who was isolating elsewhere. It was all very 'grey'. When they called me each day, I had to confirm that I was isolating with my parents. My yay was not my yay, and my nay was not my nay. I lied. I haven't fully processed what I did spiritually as it was a stressful time and it all felt so hard to navigate. In the end I submitted to my husband, but only because the rules made such little sense. 

For some context:

I had to have a covid test 2 days before travelling, and on Day 2 and Day 8 of my isolation. In another part of the country where I live, I could have paid extra to have another test on Day 5 and end isolation early. It wasnt an available option where I am (but was 7 miles down the road). 

My isolation fell over a certain date when all the rules relaxed and travellers would not have to isolate on arrival to my country, if vaccinated. I am vaccinated and was told that I had to see out my isolation even though people arriving after me didnt have to.

My husband pointed out the futility of this and I came out of isolation on Day 8. I don't know if that was right or wrong. But thanks for the feedback everyone. It wasn't a fun time!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

Post deleted 

Edited by Hopefully

Thanks Hopefully. It's all over now but thank you for your prayers!