• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Peter wrote those words to inform his readers they were going to see the prophesies fulfilled. He told them God was not slow in keeping His word. He told them all the centuries they'd been waiting were like a day to God. Peter quite plainly stated he and his audience was living in the last days. Didn't I already list for you all those scriptures stating the last days began in the first century?

Jesus said to John the Revelator, "Behold I come quickly."  That was close to 2000 years ago.

Quickly by Heaven's time frame, is not quickly by an individual human's time frame.  

While it is true (I believe) that Jesus will "come quickly" for each one of us - immediately after we die.  I believe the very next moment we will be awake from death, and watching Him coming on the clouds of Heaven.  I don't think we will be conscious of the time that has passed, between our death and His appearing.  

In that sense, He WILL come quickly.

The commands of God concerning spirits, (of the dead) hold just as true today.

The living ARE FORBIDDEN from speaking with spirits of the dead.  

How could one tell if he is really communicating with his dead uncle, or father, or mom?  Satan and his demons can easily talk as they talked.  They can even appear, so as to be seen.  Satan sent "a lying spirit" to deceive back in the Old Testament.  He can do the same today.  

That is WHY the LORD forbade communication with "the dead."  

If any dead relative or dead friend speaks to you, or appears to you, try commanding all enemies of the God the Father and of Christ His Son to leave immediately - in the name of Jesus Christ.  

Pray to the Father in Jesus name, asking that no enemy spirit be allowed to speak to you, or to appear to you. 

Clearly, I have views that differ from most of the posters in this thread.  I do not believe that one's view concerning the dead (soul sleep vs immediate to heaven/hell)  is salvational.  It's not a requirement for salvation. 

I did not see an answer to my original question concerning WHY a resurrection, if the dead are already either in Heaven or in Hell.  (At least not an answer I remember. Sorry if I missed one.) 

Dialoging in this thread did help me to clarify my thoughts on a couple things.  I thank you for your time, and for posting with me.  

• Thumbs Up 1