IGNORED

Is God a liar, or is the creation account true?

dad2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0

My thoughts: Isaiah 66:8 (KJV) Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
This prophecy was fulfilled May 14, 1948. In 1948 Israel was just a sliver of land, they did not have control of the mountains spoken about: Ezekiel 36:8 (KJV) But ye, O mountains of Israel, ye shall shoot forth your branches, and yield your fruit to my people of Israel; for they are at hand to come.

Canada became a nation in 1867 one day, does that mean they are a fulfilment also? The time of birth pains is yet to come so that verse says AFTER that also!!

Israel didn't even have possession and control over Jerusalem. In the 1967 war [six day war], Israel took possession and expanded its borders, to include "the mountains." And also finally regained possession and control over Jerusalem. The second prophecy has been fulfilled.

Some control, they can't even so much as pray in the holy place! The mountains does not say anything about which mountains. Once God brings them back after the tribulation they will control all the mountains!

The gathering of the peoples from the North; South; East and West has already occurred. Briefly, the majority of Israeli Jews are Russian Jews, that fled the North {Russia]. Remember the massive Israeli airlift of Ethiopian Jews back to their homeland? 

People gather all the time. The issue is when GOD brings them back. That is not until after they get saved. Period.

We see anti-Semitism heating up globally, in France, Russia and Europe, now the US. abandonment of Israel with this anti-Semitic Jew hating administration. Jews are and will be fleeing back to their homeland in groves, when this persecution speeds up.

That is a signature of the end times. It will get a lot lot lot lot lot worse before the end. That is not a sign that God restored them! When He does, no one will utter a word against His people. Now most of the world utters plenty!

Is Israel living in peace and safety presently? Good question, I've pondered it myself. They have a high tech 400+ mile security fence [and expanding] protecting their borders from terrorists. They have 100.000+ rockets pointed at them. How could they be living in peace and security I've asked myself?
An Israeli citizen, Israeli military officer, the very last Mayor of Jericho, and excellent Bible teacher, named Amir Tsarfatti, claims they have never felt more safe and secure. I won't get into their global leading technologies, military strength and intelligence service {Mossad].

I know. I listened to him and Hibbs. I like a lot of what they say, but they are hung up on that false 'already gathered back by God' nonsense. If they feel safe they are DELUSIONAL! They are a war zone with unrelenting rockets, wars, threats, etc etc etc. 

Ezekiel 38:11 (KJV) And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
Without walls, bars and gates; is not talking about national borders, but their cities. Back in the day all their cities we protected by these means, not so today.  

The AntiChrist will naturally seek the weakest spot to attack Israel. That in no way means that God has brought them back and is protecting them!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,084
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

6 hours ago, dad2 said:

Obviously the part of the beginning He was referring to was day 6 when they were here.

So now we don't take it literally after all?   As you have seen, the text itself tells us that the "yom" of Genesis 1 are not literal days.

45 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

So now we don't take it literally after all?   As you have seen, the text itself tells us that the "yom" of Genesis 1 are not literal days.

Try not to misrepresent what people say. The beginning is the six days of creation in which man was created. No one says we need to have man in any other day. The creation order is fine thanks. It was also the beginning. By the way what is the answer to whether yo believe in an actual Eve taken from a man one day? You do realize that cannot fit with evolution right?

14 hours ago, dad2 said:

Try not to misrepresent what people say.

But now you're telling us that Jesus didn't mean literally "at the beginning?"

14 hours ago, dad2 said:

By the way what is the answer to whether yo believe in an actual Eve taken from a man one day?

As you know, the text itself says that the creation story is figurative.   So it's not surprising that this is, also.   You see, if God just used spare parts from Adam, it wouldn't work.   All those parts would have an X chromosome, which a female does not have.  

But if that wasn't a problem, and Eve really was tinkered together out of spare parts from Adam, it wouldn't change evolution at all.   After all, you learned that Darwin thought that God just created the first living things.   If He had just poofed them into existence, instead of having the earth bring them forth (as He says in Genesis) evolution would still work exactly as we see it working today.

12 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

But now you're telling us that Jesus didn't mean literally "at the beginning?"

False, I said nothing of the sort. The six days were the beginning.

Mat 19:4 

And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female

-Jesus

As you know, the text itself says that the creation story is figurative.

What I know is that once again you are not telling the truth. 

So it's not surprising that this is, also.   You see, if God just used spare parts from Adam, it wouldn't work.   All those parts would have an X chromosome, which a female does not have.  

You thought genetics worked the same then? Prove it. Once again you try to conform what God can do to your science beliefs.

But if that wasn't a problem, and Eve really was tinkered together out of spare parts from Adam, it wouldn't change evolution at all.   After all, you learned that Darwin thought that God just created the first living things.   If He had just poofed them into existence, instead of having the earth bring them forth (as He says in Genesis) evolution would still work exactly as we see it working today.

God created woman using a bone from the man, or a rib as some translate it. Adam was 'formed' by God from the dust of the earth. Apparently you think calling that 'poofing' helps your anti bible so called science belief set. Sorry, no.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  586
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

The one example I do find that can be similar to a Scientific explanation from the bible itself would be when God told

(1) And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life,

Is this telling us the water understood God and then read God's mind and intent and filled the waters with (creation) apropiate to aquatic lifestyle?

(2) And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Is this telling us earth understood God and then read God's mind and intent and filled the earth full of cattle, reptiles, mammals and sort?

(3) But it changes up here:

and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

God directly tells the open firmament to bring forth fowl.   

Before, in the first 2 examples, God tells the land and water to bring forth and then we read on and see what was brought forth.   But in the 3rd example, God is identifying what creation He wants to come forth before Commanding, "Do!"

But the purpose I find most informative, is "both" the earth and water knew what to bring forth.

I believe this Verse explains that a bit more.

11And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

To begin with, there are no verses telling us what the "Specific Command" from God spoke forth the Order to, Go and make earth into a sphere that is void, under water, and whose seed is in itself, upon the earth:

So the earth, when we see the Spirit of God come upon the face of the deep (water), is already full of seed of all sorts of life forms.   These range from flowers, trees, grasses, bushes, weeds.   And we see earth is capable of bringing forth mammals, reptiles, rodents, multitude of insects.

And then God uses earth full of these (seeds), to create man, by forming man from the earth itself.

Those few examples are loaded with reasons why anyone including Science, should want to study God's Creation from the earth and water point of views.

Edited by AandW_Rootbeer

15 hours ago, dad2 said:

False, I said nothing of the sort. The six days were the beginning.

Not according to God.   And as I showed you, neither male nor female were there at the beginning.   So you don't take that literally.   You take literally only whatever fits your new doctrines.  

Since the text itself tells us that it's not a literal account, you've tried to literalize figurative verses.

13 hours ago, AandW_Rootbeer said:

So the earth, when we see the Spirit of God come upon the face of the deep (water), is already full of seed of all sorts of life forms.   These range from flowers, trees, grasses, bushes, weeds.   And we see earth is capable of bringing forth mammals, reptiles, rodents, multitude of insects.

And then God uses earth full of these (seeds), to create man, by forming man from the earth itself.

This is very similar to that which St. Augustine interpreted from Genesis.   He argued that creation was instantaneous, and in it, God had left the potential for everything else to unfold from that.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

This is very similar to that which St. Augustine interpreted from Genesis.   He argued that creation was instantaneous, and in it, God had left the potential for everything else to unfold from that.   

In my mind, Augustine was no saint. Read "the sins of augustine". https://gospeltruth.net/aug/sinsofaug.htm

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  586
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

I only follow what I believe was revealed to me.   I completely believe in the Word of God and these few Verses have opened my eyes to something I was unaware of before.

I even saw this is my understanding of Creation.

God's Word is the only thing true.   Which is why the Verses I posted are true, because these are God's Words.   And within those Words from God, He explains that when He [Commanded] the waters to bring forth, the waters brought things that only can live in the water.   When God told earth to bring forth, it already had seeds because another verse on Day 3 explains the earth was already filled with seed <12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.>.

This tells us, when the Spirit of God appears in Genesis 1:2, and He is already observing earth that is void and under water but in this condition whose seed was in itself, after his kind.   Naturally leaves to the question, (what action by God already taken place that earth arrives to the Condition in Verse 2) where God then moves in to have a <closer> look at His Plan unfolding, and Earth and Water already are full of the seeds to life.

From In the Beginning,

nothing exists, space is not even relevant yet, first time God Spoke...

to earth is void and under water but already full of the seeds of life,

that would be something I would love to know.

But it does appear that when God Spoke, before anything was in existence, when His Words Erupted, He specifically explains in Genesis 1:1 <God's creation of the heavens and the earth.> From the Torah (When king James oversaw this Bible, He uses a lot of Catholic corrections you don't find in the Hebrew).  

But He mentions heavens before earth.  

So it is easy to see He made the Universe in His Commands we are not yet aware of.   And we can almost visualize with our minds, God looking into nothing but Seeing His Own Vision about to unfold, He Speaks into complete nothingness, His very Sound from Speaking His Command, would shake up and erupt the nothingness to become this volcanic flow of space we can <now> observe through satellite pictures.   And then in order, God arrives to a earth that is void, under water, but full of the seeds to life whose seed was in itself, after his kind.   And He did this in the space of time it would take in His Command to [Let there Be Light].   Immediately, the Light came on and He saw that it was good!   Immediately, He Spoke and the Universe in its complete vastness came into being and clearly He Saw that it was good!   

But to the seed of life in Man, He breathed into a form full of earth that holds the very seeds of life, theoretically.

Edited by AandW_Rootbeer