IGNORED

Is God a liar, or is the creation account true?

dad2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

So the text here tells us that it isn't a literal account.

thou i can see your logical reasoning i disagree,that is not what or why it was written as in to allude to us it is not a literal meaning.do you have more from the word to show this is so.

Guest AFlameOfFire
1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

It is logically absurd to have literal mornings and evenings without a sun to have them.  By definition, it requires the sun.   So the text here tells us that it isn't a literal account.

Some parts of Alaska do not see the light of the sun for months but I betcha they still have breakfast in their mornings and dinner in their evenings, as strange as that may be to the rest of us.

Just yanking your chain a little :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,874
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

32 minutes ago, AFlameOfFire said:

Some parts of Alaska do not see the light of the sun for months but I betcha they still have breakfast in their mornings and dinner in their evenings, as strange as that may be to the rest of us.

Just yanking your chain a little :)

it must of been quite humorous before the mech clock, if it was cloudy day and night for a week, out the window went the sundial and watching stars. midday or midnight was a guessing game.

Guest AFlameOfFire
15 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

it must of been quite humorous before the mech clock, if it was cloudy day and night for a week, out the window went the sundial and watching stars. midday or midnight was a guessing game.

Its like, what time is it?

These two remind me of each other

Amos 8:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day

Mark 15:33 And when the sixth hour  was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.

When the true light of the world was being crucified there while the sun is darkened at noon

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,084
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

13 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

When the true light of the world was being crucified there while the sun is darkened at noon

But that wasn't evening, was it?   Nor did the Bible says it was.  I hadn't thought of that point, but it's a great one.

15 hours ago, BeyondET said:

before the invention of the mech clock, evening and morning dusk and dawn was extremely hard to figure out way back when, its about 18 minutes at sun rise and sun set with light but no shadow to gauge time.

There were various devices used as clocks, including vessels of water that ran out at known rates, hourglasses, etc.

But since "morning" and "evening" are reckoned by the sun, that changed with the seasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest AFlameOfFire
14 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

But that wasn't evening, was it?   Nor did the Bible says it was.  I hadn't thought of that point, but it's a great one.

No, I dont believe it was called evening, I see where it mentions noon (or the sixth hour). 

But you know, there was evening and morning the first day in Genesis 1:5 before God made the two great lights there.

9 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

But you know, there was evening and morning the first day in Genesis 1:5 before God made the two great lights there.

Yes, that's how we know the days of Genesis are figurative, not literal days.

Guest AFlameOfFire
11 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Yes, that's how we know the days of Genesis are figurative, not literal days.

I was thinking, the lights were expected to divide the day from the night (as God appointed what they were to do in Genesis 1:14) these serving for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years right? And yet we know there was mention of what we call evening and morning before those specific lights were set in their place to divide between them (the evening and the morning). So wouldn't the lights division of the evening and mornings fall right in line naturally within the time frame of the evening and morning which were before them? Was that sentence too long and squishy?

Psalm 113:3 From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD'S name is to be praised.

Psalm 104:9 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.

What if the evenng and the morning were 12 hours a piece prior to the lights being set and just remained that same time period after being set to divide between the evening and the morning?

I find this very interesting right now for some reason

10 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

I was thinking, the lights were expected to divide the day from the night (as God appointed what they were to do in Genesis 1:14) these serving for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years right?

Interesting idea.  This is why we define things like seasons, days, mornings, and evenings, in terms of astronomical bodies.  By definition.

And yet we know there was mention of what we call evening and morning before those specific lights were set in their place to divide between them (the evening and the morning).

Yes.  This is the text telling us that those are not literal days, mornings, or evenings.

Psalm 104:9 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.

This is more figurative language.  The sun has no consciousness.   

What if the evenng and the morning were 12 hours a piece prior to the lights being set and just remained that same time period after being set to divide between the evening and the morning?

There would be no morning or evening before there was a sun.  By definition, those terms describe the position of the sun at different times.