• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

You touched on an important point about the book of Hebrews in general, and Hebrews Chapter Six in particular. No doubt it is written by a Hebrew to the Hebrews. However, it's content, doctrine and truth also apples to Gentiles and Christians. Few other books of the Bible have generated so much controversy and commentary over OSAS. 

Being what it is, I suspect a large portion of Hebrews is dealing with apostacy, and that of Judaism vs. true Christianity, and reverting back to Judaism and works. After tasting the spiritual gifts and all that comes with it.  

After writing out the who, what, when, where and why's of the book of Hebrew's; I formed my context; and got a better understanding of what the author was conveying. Then, comparing what Hebrews says, and comparing the subject to the rest of scripture for a better context. Left me still on the fence on certain critical doctrines and issues.

I'm not turning this into another OSAS debate or discussion, but some things just obviously pop out in Hebrews and elsewhere. The frequent use of the conjunction; conditional two letter word, "IF." Something promised, "if" specified conditions are met. Many times a modifier and another condition is added; "until the end." A contract by both parties is not met and fulfilled, unless all supplemental conditions are fully met. 

Yes Judaism has many man based works that are not found in the scriptures. This is what Yeshua (Jesus) continually railed against the tradition of the elders etc. Not once did Yeshua ever rail against them about what was written in the scriptures. He said when they sit in Moses seat do what they teach but don't do what they do according to their works (traditions of the elders) sitting in Moses seat is when they taught from the Torah (law a very very bad translation of the word Torah). Again He established and confirmed the scriptures which in Yeshua's day was the OT. There was no NT for many centuries after the death and resurrection of our Messiah. Context context context.