IGNORED

Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Tammy Roesch

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

A very good passage that shows that GOOD WORKS are not always an INDICATION that a person is truly a Christian.

Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 hours ago, Tammy Roesch said:

A very good passage that shows that GOOD WORKS are not always an INDICATION that a person is truly a Christian.

One of Satan's tricks is to pretend to be one of the good guys, he and his followers. Most of his followers probably don't know they are following him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

108637686_images(2).jpg.17e8116a4cc80858acc65d0e6eb400ea.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 8/13/2021 at 6:42 AM, Tammy Roesch said:

I agree. Only the works did in Christ, moved by His power and authority can make difference in the life ours and people around us.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,056
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WARNING 

EZEKIEL 3:17  son of man I have made thee a watchman unto the house of israel therefore hear the word at  MY  mouth and give them warning from  ME 

--3:18-- when I say unto the wicked thou shalt surely die and thou givest him not warning nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way to save his life the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity ---but his blood will I require at thine hand

--3:19-- yet if thou warn the wicked and he turn not from his wickedness nor from his wicked way he shall die in his iniquity but thou hast delivered thy soul 

--3:20-- again when a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness and commit iniquity and I lay a stumbling block before him he shall die because thou hast not given him warning he shall die in his sin and his ---righteousness which he hath done ---shall not be remembered but his blood will I require at thine hand 

--3:21-- nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man that the righteous sin not and he doth not sin he shall surely live because he is warned also thou hast delivered thy soul

PSALM 15:1  LORD  who shall abide in thy tabernacle who shall dwell in thy holy hill 

--15:2-- he that walketh uprightly and ---worketh--- righteousness and speaketh the truth in his heart 

ACTS 10:34  then peter opened his mouth and said of a truth I perceive that  GOD  is no respecter of persons 

--10:35-- but in every nation he that feareth  HIM  and  ---worketh  righteousness--- is accepted with  HIM

EPHESIANS 5:9  for the fruit of the spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth

COLOSSIANS 1:5  for the hope which is laid up for you in heaven whereof you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel 

--1:6-- which is come unto you as it is in the whole world and bringeth forth --fruit-- as it does also in you since the day you heard of it and new the grace of  GOD  in truth

JAMES 3:17  but the wisdom that is from above is first pure then peaceable gentle and easy to be entreated full of mercy --- and good fruits --- without partiality and without ---hypocrisy---

MARK 10:18  and  JESUS  said unto him why callest thou  ME  good there is none good but one that is  GOD  

MATTHEW 7:17  even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit 

--7:18--   a good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit 

--7:19-- every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down and cast into the fire 

--7:20-- wherefore by their fruits you shall know them 

PROVERBS 18:21  death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof

PROVERBS 11:30  the fruit of the righteous is a tree of life and he that winneth souls is wise 

PROVERBS 15:4  a wholesome tongue is a tree of life but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit

PROVERBS 8:7  for  MY  mouth shall speak truth and wickedness is an abomination to  MY  lips

--8:8-- all the words of  MY  mouth are in righteousness there is nothing froward or perverse in them

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

On 8/13/2021 at 2:42 AM, Tammy Roesch said:

Were you going to expand on this? Kind of leaving us hanging here.  

My biggest question is what defines a "worker of iniquities" and the average Christian who falls into sin on occasion

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

26 minutes ago, steve morrow said:

WARNING 

EZEKIEL 3:17  son of man I have made thee a watchman unto the house of israel therefore hear the word at  MY  mouth and give them warning from  ME 

--3:18-- when I say unto the wicked thou shalt surely die and thou givest him not warning nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way to save his life the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity ---but his blood will I require at thine hand

--3:19-- yet if thou warn the wicked and he turn not from his wickedness nor from his wicked way he shall die in his iniquity but thou hast delivered thy soul 

--3:20-- again when a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness and commit iniquity and I lay a stumbling block before him he shall die because thou hast not given him warning he shall die in his sin and his ---righteousness which he hath done ---shall not be remembered but his blood will I require at thine hand 

--3:21-- nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man that the righteous sin not and he doth not sin he shall surely live because he is warned also thou hast delivered thy soul

PSALM 15:1  LORD  who shall abide in thy tabernacle who shall dwell in thy holy hill 

--15:2-- he that walketh uprightly and ---worketh--- righteousness and speaketh the truth in his heart 

ACTS 10:34  then peter opened his mouth and said of a truth I perceive that  GOD  is no respecter of persons 

--10:35-- but in every nation he that feareth  HIM  and  ---worketh  righteousness--- is accepted with  HIM

EPHESIANS 5:9  for the fruit of the spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth

COLOSSIANS 1:5  for the hope which is laid up for you in heaven whereof you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel 

--1:6-- which is come unto you as it is in the whole world and bringeth forth --fruit-- as it does also in you since the day you heard of it and new the grace of  GOD  in truth

JAMES 3:17  but the wisdom that is from above is first pure then peaceable gentle and easy to be entreated full of mercy --- and good fruits --- without partiality and without ---hypocrisy---

MARK 10:18  and  JESUS  said unto him why callest thou  ME  good there is none good but one that is  GOD  

MATTHEW 7:17  even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit 

--7:18--   a good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit 

--7:19-- every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down and cast into the fire 

--7:20-- wherefore by their fruits you shall know them 

PROVERBS 18:21  death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof

PROVERBS 11:30  the fruit of the righteous is a tree of life and he that winneth souls is wise 

PROVERBS 15:4  a wholesome tongue is a tree of life but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit

PROVERBS 8:7  for  MY  mouth shall speak truth and wickedness is an abomination to  MY  lips

--8:8-- all the words of  MY  mouth are in righteousness there is nothing froward or perverse in them

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

What BEAUTIFUL & POWERFUL verses, Steve!  Thanks for sharing!

18 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

Were you going to expand on this? Kind of leaving us hanging here.  

My biggest question is what defines a "worker of iniquities" and the average Christian who falls into sin on occasion

Riverwalker, I don't believe that a Christian who falls into sin on occasion is a "worker of iniquity".

I think this verse sheds a little light on WHO is a "worker of iniquity".

Mat 23:28  Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

I think it teaches us that HYPOCRITES, those who claim to be Christians and following Jesus, OUTWARDLY, but in secret, when no one is watching, they are not living a Christian life.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Tammy Roesch said:

Riverwalker, I don't believe that a Christian who falls into sin on occasion is a "worker of iniquity".

I think this verse sheds a little light on WHO is a "worker of iniquity".

I think it teaches us that HYPOCRITES, those who claim to be Christians and following Jesus, OUTWARDLY, but in secret, when no one is watching, they are not living a Christian life.

And I tend to agree, but I also think we all have some hypocrite running through us. But I guess we would be talking about those people who MAJOR in it

• Thumbs Up 1