IGNORED

King James Bible

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

If you are respectful of atheism, then you are respectful of people making the Bible a pack of lies and fairy tales, you are respectful of people denying the Lord Jesus Christ and therefore denying the Father also.  You are being respectful of those whom God calls "fools" (the word carries the connotation of rebels, not merely idiots).  In short, you are respecting what God hates.  This is not a godly attitude at all!

We should have no respect whatever for false religion, in any form.  To do so is to respect that which scatters.

Matt. 12:30 (MKJV) The one who is not with Me is against Me, and the one who does not gather with Me scatters.

2 John 7-11 (WEB)

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who don’t confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the Antichrist.
  8 Watch yourselves, that we don’t lose the things which we have accomplished, but that we receive a full reward.
  9 Whoever transgresses and doesn’t remain in the teaching of Christ, doesn’t have God. He who remains in the teaching, the same has both the Father and the Son.
  10 If anyone comes to you, and doesn’t bring this teaching, don’t receive him into your house, and don’t welcome him,
  11 for he who welcomes him participates in his evil works. 

1 Cor. 16:22 (MKJV) If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed. The Lord comes!

I simply refuse to go around arguing and disrespecting my friends or anyone. It is the quickest way to put them off ever believing. Far better to exercise diplomacy. I am very strong and confident in my Christianity. Therefore prefer to choose my moments and ways to convince people Jesus loves them. 

So what do you do? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

I simply refuse to go around arguing and disrespecting my friends or anyone. It is the quickest way to put them off ever believing. Far better to exercise diplomacy. I am very strong and confident in my Christianity. Therefore prefer to choose my moments and ways to convince people Jesus loves them. 

So what do you do? 

I can't tell you what David does - but for myself - I nail them to the wall - remove any semblance of a pretence that either respect or niceness will ever produce Christ and then show them the gates of Hell and sent them on their way having preached Christ and Him crucified. Life or death. No flowery bits. It works a treat. Mind you that is only with pretentious intellectuals. People who actually know what the bog smells like tend to be more accommodating to decency and respect. 

Edited by Kelly2363
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

A lot of people have studied Bible translations.

Yes, of course they have.  What is your point?

50 minutes ago, Kelly2363 said:

I can't tell you what David does - but for myself - I nail them to the wall - remove any semblance of a pretence that either respect or niceness will ever produce Christ and then show them the gates of Hell and sent them on their way having preached Christ and Him crucified. Life or death. No flowery bits. It works a treat. Mind you that is only with pretentious intellectuals. People who actually know what the bog smells like tend to be more accommodating to decency and respect. 

Excellent. What a wonderful way to Christ's love. Good luck with that. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 8/18/2021 at 4:57 AM, Melinda12 said:

The thing that provokes me a lot is when ignorant non-believers dismiss the Bible as 'fairy stories'.

The Bible is symbolic. The Bible is also literal. God tells us that "I will hasten my word to perform it". (Jeremiah 1:12) In the King James the words Hasten and Perform are very important. I would not trust any other translation for understanding the promises of God. 

1 hour ago, Melinda12 said:

So what do you do? 

You have changed the subject.  I mentioned nothing about arguing with, or disrespecting, people.

What I pointed out was that we should not respect false religion.  To do so is to respect that which is against God (by definition).  To respect atheism is to respect idolatry, lies, unbelief, rebellion and folly.

If someone claims that Jesus is not God, or that God is not real, or some such folly, then we tell them what the Bible says about it - prayerfully, but firmly.

Jesus and the apostles never exercised diplomacy!  That is for politicians, not disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Excellent. What a wonderful way to Christ's love. Good luck with that. 

You shouldn't be so flippant. I have been used of the Father to lead many people to Christ. Including people who were witnessed to for years by brethren who took your position and produced nothing. Diplomacy is utter foolishness. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

Yes, of course they have.  What is your point?

My point is that I think it takes more than study to gain wisdom.

4 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

My point is that I think it takes more than study to gain wisdom.

Indeed it does.  My discernment also told me that the RSV is not a God-approved translation (and study backed this up). 

The KJV, on the other hand, while not perfect, has been used mightily, for 400 hundred years, in numerous revivals.  The RSV, to my knowledge, is now mainly the preserve of dusty libraries and dead Liberal intellectuals.  Hardly any Evangelicals use it any more.

Edited by David1701
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Kelly2363 said:

You shouldn't be so flippant. I have been used of the Father to lead many people to Christ. Including people who were witnessed to for years by brethren who took your position and produced nothing. Diplomacy is utter foolishness. 

Well done. We each have our own way.