IGNORED

Why waste the energy?

Guest opusdei

OK, why is it a lot of fundamentalist Christians waste both their time and mine trying to convince me that IM wrong and THEIR right. Dont we both believe in the same Savior/Creator? How come because I believe my church's institution should be visible, LIKE CHRIST SAID IT SHOULD, and that makes me a follower of the Anti-Christ? Why? Can anyone explain, without throwing a ton of Bible quotes at me? ( I dont mind a few but more than 10 and it gets hard to read) Well if u can Id appreciate it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't feel that way! I've gleaned many good things from the Catholic Church. For example, Madame Guyon is AWESOME! Also, I feel a strong kinship with St. Francis. They were both MIGHTY CHAMPIONS! If you love the Church, then don't feel guilty. The only fault that can ever be laid on anyone is not SEEING Jesus! Our sight in God will eventually make our life a beautiful harmony! Love ya ...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Oh thanx man Im glad u feel my pain. Yea that Jack Chick man I dont now HOW he can call himself christian.

why so? He preaches what's true instead of what's popular.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because all he preaches he does in hate. Like the faith or not, are you not suppose to minister to people in LOVE not hate? This i snot what Jack Chick does. Also, he makes wild and outlandish claims about Roman Catholics, almost none of which can he back up with proof. The man has a vendetta against the Church,and I dont think (although Im not God this stems from wat believe) that Jesus would condone such hatred.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did Jesus preach in hate when He took a whip of scourges and flipped over tables and rebuke the Pharisees and tax collectors and lawyers and call them snakes and hypocrites and open sepulchres...need I go on???

What is love? A gentle, politically-correct speaker like the antichrist who comes in his own name to unite mankind?

Jesus came to send a sword...not peace.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have the right idea, but the wrong spirit. The only death I wish to impose is upon death itself! When I see "religion" interfering with the real work of bringing God's loving presence into this world, I get a bit testy myself. Catholics are no more wrong, nor right, than the protestant church. Each need to embrace one another in Jesus. In time, the differences will be worked out. I, for one, take my stand with Catholics (e.g., I'm a protestant)!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well ringo...we differ...and that is the difference between me and you. You can persue your ecumenical efforts with others...but don't even try that with me. No offense...but as of right now...we stand on opposite sides of the fence. I will not compromise the Word of God. The Catholic Church is evil and antichrist. Here stand I.

If you don't like the "spirit" there...I am sorry. But I would rather please God than man. There is a way that seemeth right unto a man...and the end thereof are the ways of death.

:emot-highfive:

Why omit so many verses? Why tell only half the story?? Are you afraid of the truth?

Omit verses?

Deftly avoiding the point

Evidently you have no answer?

Why don't we start in Chap 1: 18

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Why omit so many verses? Why tell only half the story?? Are you afraid of the truth?

Omit verses?

I just wanted to say that I'm a non-christian but grew up Pentecostal. I remember reading religious tracts in church by a flaming fundy named Jack Chick telling me how Catholics were in the wrong.

Omit verses?

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Omit verses?

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Mike,

There are a few things I would like to comment on in your last post?  I'm not sure how the Catholic women spoke to you in the store, but I agree with her message.  And it was nice of you to give proof of a Catholic representing the Church in a correct manner.  All I ever read on this site is how Catholics think they are the only ones going to heaven.  This isn't what the Church teaches.  To make a statement saying that all non-Christians are going to hell is a very bold statement indeed.  What about a person in Banda Ache, Indonesia who never heard about Christianity and were raised with Islam, and then die in the flood.  Do you think they are automaticlly going to hell?  Will God have no mercy and take this into consideration?  We can't play God and go around saying who is going to heaven and who isn't. 

I also gather from you post that you were Catholic?  If you were it is unfortunant, because from what you wrote you never learned the faith, or were never taught what the Catholic Chirch truely believes or teaches.  You compare yourself to Mary, but Mike you were not the vessel through wich God chose to become man. We are all special in God's eyes, but Mary play a very special role in our salvation.  You also make this assumption that Catholics don't have a personal relationship with God, and I believe this very well could be the case to a person who wasn't taught what the Church represents.  I myself was Baptist and thought I had a relationship with God.  I did to some degree, but I was missing out on the Sacraments.  Now with reconcilitaion, Eucharist, direction from good Priests' I now have the fullness of truth and a great relationship with God that is only getting better each day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually,

while i was in the catholic church, they had a massive change...... also went from latin to english mass.... when i am with my aunts and uncles, i do attend with them, i do not bow before statues as they do, i do not pray to a figure standing on the ledge on the wall. I pray to the Lord God almighty, in the Name of His Precious Son, Jesus......

I am sure you remember the pope John paul's funeral... i would venture to say also that you might have even been up for it.....

my wife was working that night, and i was woke up about 3:30 - 4:00 am, not knowing why, so I started praying for my wife, and our kids and also anyoen i could think of, that came to mind.....

after awhile, i was prompted to turn on the T.V.

why would I want to do that.... at that time of day ( night ) there is nothing but garbage on the air..... trash, that no one is allowed to watch in this house.....

"turn it on" is what I heard.... so i turned it on.....

all the channels had the same thing on.... the funeral......

as i was watching, i was seeing millions of people, the camera's there were showing thousands, but the view i had was millions..... all standing and clapping their hands...... cheering.....

the commentator, was talking about how this is to honor him, the pope, and refering tothe pope as the holy father......

as i watched this, I then heard ( as thou some one was sitting next to me saying this )

" I wantd that honor, I want that praise, I want that glory, I am a Jealous God, and thou shalt not have anyother gods before Me "

i then had no trouble turning off the T.V. at that time......

I learned what they taught....

I learned that Jesus could and did and does forgive all my sins....

I learned that I can not work off my sins, (penance)

I learned that i can not buy off my sins,

I learned that lighting candles does nothing for my sins,

I learned that it is my decission to be baptized, no one elses,

I learned that i can have all the right looks, and make all the right moves and say all the right things, and that does not get me to heaven....

I learned that canned prayers are ok, but God wants to be in fellowship with us directly...

I learned that God wants to hear how my day went from my own voice, not some one elses...

I learned that God wants to hear my voice directed to Him when I am asking forgiveness and repenting....

I learned that God directed and gave specific instructions for only a set few figurines to be constructed, and then when one became the center of attention over God, it was destroyed....

I learned that when God says something, God means what He says and says what He means....

I learned that I can carry on a conversation with God all by my lonesome, with teh aid of the Holy Spirit....

I learned alot...

I learned that I am to worship God everyday of the week.

I learned that there are many that are being deceived.

I learned that even in the protestant fellowships ( some people call them church, but being there is only one church, to keep from confussing them with each other, we here, call them fellowships, where we gather to fellowship and worship and pray together)... there are people that are falling by the way side....

i have learned no matter how good I am, if I do not have Christ as my savior, i have nothing and every thing I do have on this earth will not allow me into the kingdom of heaven...... that means, that those practicing islam are out, that means those that do not have Christ, are not going to make it....

I learned that God will not send a good person to hell......

but show me one good person other then Christ....... and even Christ went there to take care of our fines......

we have received a total pardon thru Christ, but inorder to have this pardon take effect, we must accept the one that pardons us... and that is Christ....

the Bible does not say that every person will hear of Jesus, thats right, it does not say that every person will, just every nation.... and that has been done.....

if they do not have Christ, they are lost....

no if's, and's or but's.........

no Jesus

no salvation......

mike

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Mike,

There are a few things I would like to comment on in your last post?