• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Like evil or against God

This book was written while the Law of Moses was still in effect, while God judge not the world but only the heirs of the Law of Moses accordingly to their obedience to what was written in the Law of God, known as the Law of Moses. 

This book was not written to the people who were under the Law of Moses, it was not written to the Jews by a Jewish Rabbi as a supplement to the Law of Moses. 

To believe in God, the Creator, the Lord God of the Israelites who enter in a Covenant with the Israelites in the Sina dessert it was not forbidden by the Lord God. 

The author of that book has express belief in God. 

This is not in question? 

He does not tell the people he is writing the book not to disobeyed God. 

I am not if he was under the authority of the Law of Moses and he had to be in obedience to the Law or he was just a believer in God because he did not want to worship the Idols. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This book was written while the Law of Moses was still in effect,

Thanks for your response. Good points to think about 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

From his wrighting about this specific reference in the OP he is leading the readers to believe that he was not a Rabbi, or a vivid student of the scriptures that were study by the Rabbis of his time, the Rabbis of the Law of Moses, the teachers of the Law of Moses.  

I am not judging but rather seek to understand him.

Because he did not say or made reference in this writing about what God said to Moses. 

"Separate me this family and that family and I will put my spirit in them and they will understand all kinds of Crafts and skills that is needed to know to built the Tent of ....and the vessels are anything Holy thing that you are instructed to built the Tent of....(sorry I forgot the correct name) including the Arc, the cover of the arc. 

The Israelites before that happened they had builders and craftsmen among them selves...

They learn those skills in Egypt. 

Earlier the built the Golden Calf...and they were jewellery craftsmen and domestic vessels and swords and knives and were iron workers.

But the Lord God said to Moses set aside the men of this family and I will teach them how to be craftsmen to build everything that I have instructed you to do. To prepare the place of the Tent of .....

Those craftsmen continue to have those skills and they taught those skills to their children and others.

But before that the people in general had those skills before we have Abraham. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Was just doing some more reading and saw this- 

““But I have a few things against you. You have people there who follow the teaching of Balaam. Balaam taught Balak how to make the people of Israel sin. They sinned by eating food offered to idols and by committing sexual sins.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭2:14‬ ‭

Another instance were someone evil went around teaching people to sin. When Adam and Eve fell to sin I believe they gained the knowledge of good and evil and immediately knew some things like how to lie, feel ashamed, feel fear.

I believe other sinful actions needed to be taught to people. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

From his wrighting about this specific reference in the OP he is leading the readers to believe that he was not a Rabbi, or a vivid student of the scriptures that were study by the Rabbis of his time, the Rabbis of the Law of Moses, the teachers of the Law of Moses.  

I am not judging but rather seek to understand him.

Because he did not say or made reference in this writing about what God said to Moses. 

"Separate me this family and that family and I will put my spirit in them and they will understand all kinds of Crafts and skills that is needed to know to built the Tent of ....and the vessels are anything Holy thing that you are instructed to built the Tent of....(sorry I forgot the correct name) including the Arc, the cover of the arc. 

The Israelites before that happened they had builders and craftsmen among them selves...

They learn those skills in Egypt. 

Earlier the built the Golden Calf...and they were jewellery craftsmen and domestic vessels and swords and knives and were iron workers.

But the Lord God said to Moses set aside the men of this family and I will teach them how to be craftsmen to build everything that I have instructed you to do. To prepare the place of the Tent of .....

Those craftsmen continue to have those skills and they taught those skills to their children and others.

But before that the people in general had those skills before we have Abraham. 

I think that you have drawn a very important distinction here @Your closest friendnt

Then Moses said to the sons of Israel, “See, the Lord has called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. “And He has filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding and in knowledge and in all craftsmanship; to make designs for working in gold and in silver and in bronze, and in the cutting of stones for settings and in the carving of wood, so as to perform in every inventive work. “He also has put in his heart to teach, both he and Oholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan. “He has filled them with skill to perform every work of an engraver and of a designer and of an embroiderer, in blue and in purple and in scarlet material, and in fine linen, and of a weaver, as performers of every work and makers of designs.

This above Scripture is he specific reference to the building of the Temple in Exodus chapter 35. And there is no doubt that the spirit of wisdom that gave rise to the skills needed to carry out that work were given by God expressly. Only then were they passed on - also expressly. And then even the fabrics and tapestries were also expressly enlivened by a spirit of God to named men.

But you must also know that the first born son of Cain was called Enoch and it is in his line that the specific skills cited in the original OP post regarding the Book of Enoch were named as the originators of certain skills.

Cain had relations with his wife and she conceived, and gave birth to Enoch; and he built a city, and called the name of the city Enoch, after the name of his son. Now to Enoch was born Irad, and Irad became the father of Mehujael, and Mehujael became the father of Methushael, and Methushael became the father of Lamech. Lamech took to himself two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other, Zillah. Adah gave birth to Jabal; he was the father of those who dwell in tents and have livestock. His brother’s name was Jubal; he was the father of all those who play the lyre and pipe. As for Zillah, she also gave birth to Tubal-cain, the forger of all implements of bronze and iron; and the sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah.

What this passage of Scripture tells us is that Cain built the first permanent habitable dwellings and named that place - Enoch.

I am only drawing threads and not weaving a garment. That is pretty much what I always do - even though it gets me into trouble. In Continuum.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, pinacled said:

There are many songs that that reflect and praise the terrain of Torah.

Sound travels theologically for kings whom listen to praise given in the past by levite singers.

The mount of Hebron is called a curse by the pledged/alleged author enoch son of jared that are easily disputed with basic deduction in critical thinking offered freely through a divine and higher Will.

I hope the readers here see the contradiction.

Where was Hebron located?

What was its location and purpose throughout its history.?

Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the Lord. Gen 13:18

And Sarah died in Kirjatharba; the same [is] Hebron in the land of Canaan: and Abraham came to mourn for Sarah, and to weep for her. Gen 23:2

And after this, Abraham buried Sarah his wife in the cave of the field of Machpelah before Mamre: the same is Hebron in the land of Canaan. Gen 23:19

And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Send thou men, that they may search the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel: of every tribe of their fathers shall ye send a man, every one a ruler among them. Num 13:1-2

So they went up, and searched the land from the wilderness of Zin unto Rehob, as men come to Hamath. And they ascended by the south, and came unto Hebron; where Ahiman, Sheshai, and Talmai, the children of Anak, were. (Now Hebron was built seven years before Zoan in Egypt.). And they came unto the brook of Eshcol, and cut down from thence a branch with one cluster of grapes, and they bare it between two upon a staff; and they brought of the pomegranates, and of the figs. Num 13:21-23

And they gave Hebron unto Caleb, as Moses said: and he expelled thence the three sons of Anak. Josh 1:20

And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh Hebron for an inheritance. Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite unto this day, because that he wholly followed the LORD God of Israel.  Josh 14:13-14

And it came to pass after this, that David inquired of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up into any of the cities of Judah? And the LORD said unto him, Go up. And David said, Whither shall I go up? And he said, Unto Hebron. 2 Sam 2:12 

Then came all the tribes of Israel to David unto Hebron, and spake, saying, Behold, we [are] thy bone and thy flesh. 2 Sam 5:1

So all the elders of Israel came to the king to Hebron; and king David made a league with them in Hebron before the Lord: and they anointed David king over Israel. 2 Sam 5:3

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

Was just doing some more reading and saw this- 

““But I have a few things against you. You have people there who follow the teaching of Balaam. Balaam taught Balak how to make the people of Israel sin. They sinned by eating food offered to idols and by committing sexual sins.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭2:14‬ ‭

Another instance were someone evil went around teaching people to sin. When Adam and Eve fell to sin I believe they gained the knowledge of good and evil and immediately knew some things like how to lie, feel ashamed, feel fear.

I believe other sinful actions needed to be taught to people. 

The fact is, anybody can entice another person into sin, whether intentionally or unintentionally. But really, people do not have to be enticed by another person. A person can fool himself, as well as lure himself into sin, by following his own desires of whats already in his/her heart. Because of Adam's one sin, all men, thereafter have the propensity to sin. The propensity, is not taught, it is already there.

According to Romans 1 God has hardwired into us the knowledge of Himself, and the awareness of right and wrong. That all human beings have sufficient knowledge of what is right and wrong written on their hearts.

James 1:14, 15
but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.…

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death was passed on to all men, because all sinned.

Matthew 15:19
For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

2 minutes ago, appy said:

A person can fool himself, as well as lure himself into sin, by following his own desires of whats already in his/her heart.

I agree with what you have posted fully but I’m thinking in the sense of like how sin grew and grew. I’m thinking people were taught new ways to sin further than what was already inside them.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

From the following quote from the book of Enoch, I can see why one poster called the entire book blasphemous. There is much contradiction between the book of Enoch and the inspired word of God, that I can agree it is the writings and work of gnostics.  As I said earlier in the thread, we can compare Paul and Jude's conversations with their opponents, like that of Christian apologists of today citing an atheistic author in a debate against an atheist.

It is JESUS that is the hope of eternal life. Any claim to the contrary is not only a heretical teaching, but blasphemous for it attributes the work of God to an evil entity. Think I'm pulling your leg, go look this up.

Enoch 40:9
The second is he who presides over every suffering and every affliction of the sons of men, the holy Raphael. The third, who presides over all that is powerful, is Gabriel. And the fourth, who presides over repentance, and the hope of those who will inherit eternal life, is Phanuel

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

All born again Christians have built-in discernment, although not all to the same degree.  I find that some things cry out, "This is of God!", some, "This is mostly good, but be careful.", some, "This is from the pit of hell.", etc..  The parts I've seen of the Book of Enoch, cry out, "Deception - be very wary!".  I'm certain of this, although no-one else has to go by my discernment.

What about that quote in Jude?  Jude quoted Enoch, not the Book of Enoch, which is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible.

Regarding discernment: when I first read Psalm 151 (from a modern English translation of the Septuagint), the word "uninspired" smacked me right in the spirit.  Sometimes you just know...

• Thumbs Up 4