• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

EU to Israel: Don't kill terrorists, or else

By Jerusalem Newswire Editorial Staff - April 2, 2004

Jerusalem (jnewswire.com) - European lawmakers Thursday accused Israel of perpetrating state terrorism, and threatened to suspend the current Israel-EU trade agreement if any more "Palestinian" terrorist leaders were vaporized by IAF helicopter gun ships.

A resolution presented to the European Parliament called for the immediate suspension of Israel's Association Agreement in response to the execution of blood-soaked Hamas leader Ahmed Yassin.

It failed to gain majority support.

Two compromise articles were passed, however, the first of which called on the body to fully suspend the trade agreement, which elevates the Israel's trade status with Europe, should Jerusalem carried out any more "extra-judicial" killings.

The second accused Israel of engaging in "acts of terror" by launching anti-terror military operations that on occasion result in collateral damage among the largely terror-supporting "Palestinian" population.

And in a bizarre twist, Europe absolved itself of any culpability in "Palestinian" terror, claiming there was absolutely no evidence any of the millions of dollars it had given PLO chief Yasser Arafat had found their way into the pockets of terrorists.

One Israeli minister said the evidence tells a contrary story.

'Do not fight terror'

The second of the two articles passed Thursday called on the European "Council and Commission to consider acting in full compliance of article 2 of the association agreement with Israel in case of continuation of the policy of extra-judicial killing."

In other words, if Israel kills any more "Palestinian" terror chiefs, Europe will curb trade relations with the Jewish state.

The compromise article was introduced after an original resolution calling for the immediate suspension of Israel's trade status failed to gain majority support.

At the same time, the continent is scrambling to form a united front against international terrorism in the wake of the Madrid bombings.

The Europeans have failed to formulate a solid plan for dealing with the threat, but have for the most part deplored the American and Israeli practice of actually eliminating the terrorists before they have a chance to kill more innocents.

It is difficult for most to imagine Europe threatening to suspend trade relations with the US should Washington succeed in killing Osama bin Laden.

Cynical moral equivalency

The other article passed stated that the European Parliament "reiterates its condemnations of all terrorist acts against civilian populations committed by both sides."

Lawmakers openly compared Israeli anti-terror military operations that on occasion result in collateral damage among the Palestinian Arab populace with acts of terror perpetrated against Israel's Jews.

The parliament called on the "Palestinians" to not react violently to Israel's "most recent provocation" - the killing of Yassin.

Europe has long championed the notion that Israel's war on terror is the same as the "Palestinian" terrorist war, and has even threatened to put on trial individual IDF soldiers, including former chiefs of staff.

'We don't fund terror'

Meanwhile, in a classic case of truth and reality being turned on their heads, Europe insisted Thursday the millions of dollars it gives to Yasser Arafat's PLO do not find their way into the coffers of recognized terror groups.

[Ed. Note - The two most prolific "Palestinian" terror groups - the Tanzim and the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades - are actually part of Arafat's PLO-ruling Fatah organization.]

A European Parliament inquiry into EU aid to the PLO/PA decided there was "no conclusive evidence, to date, that the EU non-targeted direct budgetary support was used to finance illegal activities, including the financing of terrorism."

Europe is the PA's biggest donor, handing over tens of millions of euros to Arafat every month.

Strangely, most "Palestinians" still live in squalor, PA-controlled towns are ruinous, and public sector employees are rarely, if ever, paid. Recent reports about Arafat's enormous personal wealth may partially answer for the discrepancy.

Israel disagrees

Regarding the funding of terrorism, Israeli Health Minister Danny Naveh strongly disagreed with the European Parliament findings.

"We know for sure" that Arafat's PA is siphoning off money to fund terrorist activity against Israelis, Naveh said, citing numerous General Security Services and IDF documents.

Many of those documents were captured during raids of PA offices, and were handed over to the European committee of inquiry.

A minority group of committee members also disagreed with the primary findings, saying that suspicion certainly still existed that Arafat had authorized the transfer of funds to known terrorists.

http://www.jnewswire.com/news_archive/04/0...0402_europe.asp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member

Tuesday March 30, 8:55 PM

Europe's new counter-terrorism co-ordinator takes office

by Trevor Barnard

Brussels, Mar 30 (ANI): The European Union's newly appointed Counter-Terrorism Co-ordinator took up office in Brussels today. Dutch politician and diplomat Gijs de Vries was welcomed by his future boss, the EU's High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy, Javier Solana.

His appointment is a key feature of a tough counter-terrorism policy adopted by EU leaders last week in the aftermath of the terrorist atrocities in Madrid. His job will be to ensure that the counter-terrorism efforts of Union member countries (soon to number 25) are interwoven and follow the policies laid down centrally, and to make regular reports to the Council of Ministers, under the authority of High Representative Solana.

Those policies were spelled out by the Council in a statement last week. Above all it stressed the importance of solidarity in the face of a terrorist threat. "A terrorist act against one country concerns the international community as a whole," it said. "There will be neither weakness nor compromise of any kind when dealing with terrorists." The 15 current leaders adopted a Declaration committing their countries (and, in effect, the imminent 10 newcomers) to such solidarity.

A key measure will be the setting up of an intelligence structure on terrorism within the Council Secretariat, and Solana and de Vries are to report to the Council in June on how this might be achieved. Other elements include making better use of Europe-wide police and judicial bodies; making counter-terrorism a key factor in political dialogue with countries outside the EU; building on existing measures to prevent the financing of terrorism; speeding up the adoption of the controversial EU arrest warrant; and strengthening border controls and document security.

An aim will be to maximise the capacity within EU bodies and member states to detect, investigate and prosecute terrorists and prevent terrorist attack, and also enhance the capability of member states to deal with the consequences of terrorist attack.

In his new job, de Vries is seen as an administrator rather than a "super cop" or a counter-terrorist supremo. He brings to the European Commission academic accolades in political science in Europe and America, experience as an ambassador, a political leader and government minister in the Netherlands and many years of membership of the European Parliament, where he has been Leader of the Liberal and Democratic Group. (ANI)

http://in.news.yahoo.com/040330/139/2cano.html

Posted: 05 April 2004 1536 hrs

EU defence ministers to mull joint military body, Bosnia force

BRUSSELS : EU defence ministers meet in Brussels for a two-day informal meeting to discuss a landmark joint military body under preparation and possible leadership of the peacekeeping mission in Bosnia.

The EU military planning agency, a move toward unprecedented cooperation between the countries, raised eyebrows in NATO and Washington when it was approved last December.

The unit will consist of a few dozen military officers based with the EU's existing military staff in Brussels and focus on planning and carrying out operations which NATO would prefer to avoid.

Diplomatic sources said the EU "still has to agree on what its ambitions are" for the cell, which is being overseen by the bloc's foreign policy envoy Javier Solana.

The defense ministers, who are meeting for the first time since Ireland took over the rotating EU presidency in January, are also to discuss a related plan to create rapid-reaction battle groups to deploy to global hotspots.

That initiative, announced late last year by France, Germany and Britain, is based directly on the experience of the EU's first-ever military mission outside Europe, a French-led force that helped quell fighting in the Democratic Republic of Congo last summer.

According to initial plan, 1,500-strong troop contingents would be deployable within 15 days and able to remain on the ground for a month.

Other EU countries are expected to be invited to join in the initiative, which are due to be finalized by the end of the Irish EU presidency in June.

Also on the agenda in Brussels are plans for the European Union to take over the Stabilization Force in Bosnia (SFOR), currently headed by NATO.

The EU launched its first-ever peacekeeping operation in Macedonia, last March.

The ministers will also cover defense issues related to terrorism, the war in Iraq, and recent ethnic violence in Kosovo, where NATO heads peacekeeping forces.

- AFP

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp...w/78707/1/.html

05.04.2004 - 09:34 CET

Defence ministers meet in Brussels

EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS

EU Ministers Support "Battle Group" Peacekeeping Plan

The French-led peacekeeping force in Congo last year is the model for the EU.

EU defense ministers have backed a plan proposed by Germany, France and Britain to set up mobile "battle groups" capable of moving quickly to hotspots beyond EU borders.

EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana said on Monday that the EU was in favor of setting up several small and mobile "battle groups" under a U.N. umbrella by 2007. The rapid deployment groups could be sent into action whenever and wherever needed.

Solana was speaking after an informal meeting of EU defense ministers in Brussels, which saw widespread acceptance of the peacekeeping plan floated by France, Germany and Britain.

Speedy reaction

Under the plan, a permanent pool of 1,500 rapid-reaction troops, similar to the French-led EU peacekeeping force that intervened in Congo last year, would be on call to move worldwide within 15 days to quell a conflict beyond EU boundaries for up to four months before a larger force could arrive. The troops would be split into nine smaller battle groups.

The plan refers specifically to the need for units to be able to deploy quickly to African hotspots and stresses that the groups be able to operate in a variety of hostile terrains, from jungles and deserts to mountains and cities.

Britain, France and some other large EU countries are expected to provide units on their own, while other smaller countries would combine troops. The EU plans to have three such units up and running by next year, though it remains unclear whether all nine battle groups will be in place by 2007.

Irish Defense Minister Michael Smith, who chaired the meeting said, "There was a very, very positive reaction to the proposal." He underlined the importance of a quick response from the EU in times of crisis. "Rapid response, being able to engage much earlier, is

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

What exactly is suposed to happen on Thursday, April 8th?

Snowdoove

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Wow RT! I forgot that this thread was started 2 years ago. My how time flies. I don't remember either what the original prediction was and couldn't tell by going to the first page?

Dunno snowdoove???

In His Love,

Suzanne

What exactly is suposed to happen on Thursday, April 8th?

Snowdoove

Hi Snowdoove,

The prediction came to pass 2 years ago. Here's what was predicted, in a nutshell:

-------------------------------------------------

In April of 2002, I was having a conversation with someone about the European Union on a christian forum online. The person I was conversing with didn't know who the current leader of the EU was at that time, which really isn't that uncommon because our liberal media doesn't really tell us very much about that part of world. For those who study Bible Prophecy though, most of us are expecting a revival of the ancient Roman Empire.

Not only did the person that I was talking to not know who the president was at the time, but she was also not aware that the EU rotated its presidents every six months. That's right, the 15 member nations of the EU change their leader every six months. They all get their turn to lead. Isn't that odd! Daniel warned that the fourth beast would be much different from the others, and this is certainly different.

After this conversation, I was pondering these things. I opened my Bible up to the book of Daniel. As I read through parts of it, one verse in particular stood out. It may seem like a coincident to some, but I believe I was meant to focus on that one little verse. I also believe the Holy Spirit gave me a little insight that goes with that little verse. And when He did, it was as if a light had come on. The next day, April 8th, 2002, I made a blind prediction as to what I thought would happen. Oh it was nothing really wild, but I knew it had to happen before the 7 year tribulation could begin.

Basicly, I told her that the EU was rotating their presidents every six months. Then I showed her the verse that I had found, and told her my prediction, that "I thought the anti-christ would be the one who would think of changing the six month rotation system." I waited for her reply, but she never returned to that Forum, so it seemed as though the topic just died. But thankfully, another guy was watching the things that I was writing very closely, and 32 days later he informed me by way of private message on that Forum, that my prediction was starting to come true, and he also gave me the links so I could research it further. Sure enough, it really was coming true. And on May 10th, 2002, I started a thread titled, "APRIL 8th PREDICTION/ Possible fulfillment soon?" as I began tracking what could very possibly be the little horn that is spoken of by the Prophet Daniel. Let me explain :

Here's the verse :

Daniel 7:25 - "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time."

You see, it just suddenly hit me after I read that verse. We know from scripture that the coming anti-christ will be given the authority to reign for 42 months, but that can't happen if the EU is rotating their leaders every six months. So I instantly knew that this policy would have to change first. Notice too, that verse 25 doesn't say that he would be the one to change the times and laws, but that he would be the one that would (think of) changing the times and laws, which tells me that it would be his idea. Changing the times and laws would only be a partial fulfillment of that verse, so whoever it is, I believe he will also be the one to fulfill the rest of it as well, just as Jesus was the only one who fulfilled all of the prophecies written about Him in His first coming.

And this is the news link that informed me that the prediction was becoming a reality: http://www.euobserver.com/index.phtml?sele...article_id=6210

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's how it all started 2 years ago. As you can tell, I'm still tracking related stories about that man and the events happening in the EU. Basicly, you could say that I'm watching very closely.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

wow. It really has been two years! Time certainly flies, doesnt it rT? :):rofl:

wow. It really has been two years! Time certainly flies, doesnt it rT? :wub::laugh:

Only when you're havin' fun! My guess is: you must love worthy boards! :t: