IGNORED

Disgusting Catholic priests

All this on the news about so much abuse by Catholic priests is just so appalling. What did they think they were doing? A lot of people refuse to accept God and Christ and anything to do with the Bible because of stuff like this. But their logic is flawed, clouded by anger. It is not God doing these things but corrupt depraved human monsters. 

In my opinion any priest found guilty of such things should be publicly whipped, imprisoned and preferably face execution for ruining lives. Of course hell awaits as well. First strong earthly punishment should be exercised. Have they ever been properly punished? If not, then the Catholic Church is at fault. We need to see these criminals dealt with without mercy.

Any harm to children just makes me so angry. I was abused as a small child, by a lodger and it has caused me lasting emotional damage. I remember how confused and helpless I felt until I told my parents - who then did deal with the man very quickly. He felt the full force of my dad's fists, got thrown down the stairs and then hurled out of the house along with his smashed up possessions! No police involved back in those days, no need. We never saw him again. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,553
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

I know at the moment; this may not seem adequate. When I think on these things, I'm impatient, and want revenge and justice NOW, right NOW! We can harden our hearts with such scripture as below, not ponder on it, and dismiss it. That if taken at face value, trust and faith; would give us some peace, comfort and hope. 

Romans 12:19 (KJV) Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

We also know: Romans 8:28 (KJV) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I don't think we can piece together how the above works this side of eternity. But this verse does not say a few, some, many, or most things; the Lord assures us "all things" work together for good. I sort of picture this as a mosaic, looking at how one portion of it influenced another portion making a complete work and picture. 

I will not delve into my experiences, but harboring hate and unforgiveness is not only unbiblical; it eats away at your own soul; and can cause health issues and shortened life. 

Ever heard the saying, "easier said than done?" I struggle with my feelings and emotions on evil people, especially people who intentionally harm children. 

I will not elaborate on a situation(s) with my daughter and an ex-boyfriend, before Jesus saved me and I repented. Other than to say, had I carried out what I was thinking and planning, I would still be in prison.

We do not repay evil with evil, that's not the Christian way. I myself, still struggle with that; but the Lord ordained human government to restrain evil and promote good and punish evil. At present, the rain falls on the just and unjust alike. We really need to leave things like this in the Lord's mighty hands, and not take any revenge, guilt, anger, shame, or hate in to our hearts. That is hard for me (easier said than done) and I fail for a while, but through Him all things are possible.

P.S. All of us are bad sinners deserving of Hell. Where would we be without the "mercy" and Grace of our Father, through Jesus dying on the Cross for us all?

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,179
  • Content Per Day:  9.52
  • Days Won:  149

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

All this on the news about so much abuse by Catholic priests is just so appalling. What did they think they were doing? A lot of people refuse to accept God and Christ and anything to do with the Bible because of stuff like this. But their logic is flawed, clouded by anger. It is not God doing these things but corrupt depraved human monsters. 

In my opinion any priest found guilty of such things should be publicly whipped, imprisoned and preferably face execution for ruining lives. Of course hell awaits as well. First strong earthly punishment should be exercised. Have they ever been properly punished? If not, then the Catholic Church is at fault. We need to see these criminals dealt with without mercy.

Any harm to children just makes me so angry. I was abused as a small child, by a lodger and it has caused me lasting emotional damage. I remember how confused and helpless I felt until I told my parents - who then did deal with the man very quickly. He felt the full force of my dad's fists, got thrown down the stairs and then hurled out of the house along with his smashed up possessions! No police involved back in those days, no need. We never saw him again. 

I am very sorry to hear of your abuse. I have seen hardened atheists that shared what some priests did to them. I believe many of these men were led away from God by these things. We can only pray one day God will open their eyes to see the true light.

Sadly this kind of thing happens more than I care to see or admit. There appear to be at least three types of it from what I am able to tell. 1. The personal family ,friend or respected adult 2. The child trafficking operations. 3. The capture and use of children for pagan religious ritual.

The second two might at times be intertwined operationally. These people have a fall guy that if caught takes all the heat while the rest live to prey again.

Does it disgust me? Absolutely it does.What can be done? At the very least pray against these wicked people. Being informed of their ways might save someone from this abuse and/or death.

In one instance a young woman was taken and drugged from a parking lot. She was heavily sedated by a needle stick in the hip. She remembers coming to and being tied up for a satanic ritual sacrifice. The Lord intervened and a hunter with a gun found it taking place in the deep woods. The hunter warned them away and was shot at.He returned fire and killed two of them right off the bat. He untied the woman who was naked and pulled her to a car. Told her to drive away as fast as she could.The satanists told the woman they were going to kill her. They had already done bad things to her. The man would later say that while he was chasing the leader through the woods right before he shot him, the leader bragged that they had the support of the local police dept.abd he didn't dare shoot him. The woman described this man as having the eyes of a snake. It's really a long story I'm trying to condense, just to say there are very evil people out there with no regard for human life. I suspect this is not an isolated  incident. But these are powerful people and they often manage to cover it up.

God WILL be rewarding these people for their deeds. BE AWARE of everyone coming into contact with children or adolescents.There are ways now to check these things. Check person's for clearance papers in the US. Child predators will try to take jobs such as youth leaders,scout leaders, pastors,priests and so forth because it puts them in close proximity to the victims.

It's really a shame that we can't trust anyone. This is our world. Watch your kids closely!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I was abused as a small child

I was too @Melinda12, by both my parents, physical and emotional and verbal. I still carry the scars. 

But I don't carry a desire for vengeance, no bitterness, only forgiveness and love.

People who do detestable things, don't realize what they are doing, and the everlasting harm they are causing. It's all about them.

God's word says we are to love them that harm, but also hold them accountable for their actions.

Being angry and bitter only causes disease and illness, but forgiveness, heals a broken heart, and gives us peace.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,179
  • Content Per Day:  9.52
  • Days Won:  149

27 minutes ago, Arrabon said:

I was too @Melinda12, by both my parents, physical and emotional and verbal. I still carry the scars. 

But I don't carry a desire for vengeance, no bitterness, only forgiveness and love.

People who do detestable things, don't realize what they are doing, and the everlasting harm they are causing. It's all about them.

God's word says we are to love them that harm, but also hold them accountable for their actions.

Being angry and bitter only causes disease and illness, but forgiveness, heals a broken heart, and gives us peace.

It makes me sad to read of so many that have been abused.

3 hours ago, Arrabon said:

Hi Arrabon, 

Now that is truly appalling. I am so sorry, to be betrayed by one's own parents is a terrible thing. To be able to forgive such a thing is only truly possible through our Lord. 

People forget, that helpless child they so ill treat, WILL grow up. There WILL be payment for every crime and God is watching.

Those priests and all abusers shall pay. In front of God each of us will account for our every action. But we do have earthly laws whilst here and they should be harshest against anyone who harms children. I would see them, the criminals, publicly swing. No mercy if 100% guilty - they DO and DID know exactly what they are doing. They should be clear about consequences here and eternally. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  4

21 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

All child molesters should be dealt with....there is FAR more going on in our public schools than in our churches (and not just catholic)

that being said hate only poisons you, it does not hurt the object of your hate.

As A Christian we must rise above our base nature and forgive (but NOT forget)  God will deal with them as he sees fit, leave it to Him

You are survivor of this ugliness and I know it is hard to overcome. But you have to let the peace and joy of our Lord rule in your heart and let go this hate bitterness and unforgiveness.  After all your dad did to that creep, it really didn't change anything did it?

Be healed, Be whole, Be a new creation in Christ, let go of the past and live for the future

Edited by Riverwalker
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

All child molesters should be dealt with....there is FAR more going on in our public schools than in our churches (and not just catholic)

that being said hate only poisons you, it does not hurt the object of your hate.

As A Christian we must rise above our base nature and forgive (but NOT forget)  God will deal with them as he sees fit, leave it to Him

You are survivor of this ugliness and I know it is hard to overcome. But you have to let the peace and joy of our Lord rule in your heart and let go this hate bitterness and unforgiveness.  After all your dad did to that creep, it really didn't change anything did it?

Be healed, Be whole, Be a new creation in Christ, let go of the past and live for the future

I agree with your comment - not because I think that child molesters and abusers should not be dealt with sternly - but because I was also abused as a child - physically and mentally and then when in loco parentis care I was sexually abused for years by a deputy head teacher. I have only given it a consideration whilst counselling others - And apart from that knowing - since coming to Christ  - I have allegedly caused some brethren to stumble because they were determined to utilise this precept of child abuse as a political and spiritual mechanism to find leverage in their carnal ministries. Knowing Christ is sufficient to heal all things - including child abuse. 

There is much more mileage today in expressing an empathetic intelligence than teaching people that in Christ we are a new creature. Its tragic - and its carnal. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  4

14 minutes ago, Kelly2363 said:

There is much more mileage today in expressing an empathetic intelligence than teaching people that in Christ we are a new creature. Its tragic - and its carnal.

Not sure where you are going with this. I do agree we cannot pretend these things didn't happen, but should we be identifying ourselves with them, or with the new life we have been given in Christ

II Cor 5: 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation.

I never suffered such a thing myself so I will defer to one who has