• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

John 4:3-14

Yeshua, being wearied with his journey, sat on the well. And, he requested a drink of water from a Samaritan woman: she responded, questioning how as a Jew, he could ask a Samaritan woman for a drink of water, when she knew full well (no pun intended), that the Jewish people had no interactions with the Samaritan people. Yeshua replies that if she knew who was asking her for a drink of water, she would have asked him, had she known the “gift of G-d,” and would have been given mayim chayim (living water).

Yeshua meets the woman where she is at, so to speak, crossing over cultural boundaries, when speaking with her. He brings her the gift of G-d – mayim chayim, living water. We may ask the same question that she asks next, “from where will he draw this living water?” Moreover, what exactly is the nature of this mayim chayim (living water) that he is referring to? The living water symbolizes the spirit of G-d, that is bestowed upon us, when we place our trust in G-d, and the one that he sent to bring us life through the spirit.

Furthermore, Yeshua explains to the Samaritan woman, that G-d is a spirit, and those who worship him, must worship him in spirit and truth. Spirit, on the level of the invisible presence of G-d that waits to connect with our spirit. And, truth, as is relevant to the new revelations that are being disclosed through the words given to Yeshua by the Father. Just as the prophets delivered G-d’s updated messages, during the first Temple period, so, too, does Yeshua bring forth the besorah – the message being delivered through him, concerning the Kingdom.

This story parallels the narrative of Abraham’s servant Eliezer, who is sent to find a wife for Abraham’s son, Isaac. Eliezer arrives at a well with his entourage around the time that women go out to the well in the evening. He prays for success on his mission, and soon his prayer is answered. Through hashgachah peratis (divine providence), Rebecca shows up at the well, and meets the requirements of Eliezer’s prayer, when she gives him water to drink, and also waters the camels of his entourage. Thus, a wife is found for Isaac at a well, that also quenched the thirst of Abraham’s servant. We may seek out the everlasting waters of salvation through Yeshua.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

On 10/29/2021 at 1:39 PM, Josheb said:

He isn't just teaching preaching new revelation

"All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not to them: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world." - Matthew 13:34-35, KJV

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

2 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Relevance?

Doesn't scripture speak for itself? 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

9 minutes ago, Josheb said:

I know what scripture says. I do not know how you might be using, misusing, or abusing scripture. I do know that folks who refuse to explain their use of scripture are a problem to be solved. Jesus was not just teaching preaching new revelation, he is literally the revelation long prophesied sitting at the well right in front of her manifested in the flesh. If you think the Matthew 13 text relevant to what I said do please elaborate. The text says he'll utter things kept secret since the beginning. 

Relevance?

Relevance to the woman at the well?

Shalom. To answer your question from a previous post, concerning the nature of my posts, they are primarily intended for inspiration, not discussion. Even so, I appreciate your comments, as long as they are constructive. We should strive to be like our master. "For G-d sent not his son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved" (John 3:17). Perhaps, you will think that I have taken this out of context, too. That's o.k., I'll let the "discussion" rest for now; apparently, whether I write out my own words, or quote scripture, you will continue to be critical. Shalom.

• This is Worthy 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/27/2021 at 11:33 PM, Shimon said:

John 4:3-14

Yeshua, being wearied with his journey, sat on the well. And, he requested a drink of water from a Samaritan woman: she responded, questioning how as a Jew, he could ask a Samaritan woman for a drink of water, when she knew full well (no pun intended), that the Jewish people had no interactions with the Samaritan people. Yeshua replies that if she knew who was asking her for a drink of water, she would have asked him, had she known the “gift of G-d,” and would have been given mayim chayim (living water).

Yeshua meets the woman where she is at, so to speak, crossing over cultural boundaries, when speaking with her. He brings her the gift of G-d – mayim chayim, living water. We may ask the same question that she asks next, “from where will he draw this living water?” Moreover, what exactly is the nature of this mayim chayim (living water) that he is referring to? The living water symbolizes the spirit of G-d, that is bestowed upon us, when we place our trust in G-d, and the one that he sent to bring us life through the spirit.

Furthermore, Yeshua explains to the Samaritan woman, that G-d is a spirit, and those who worship him, must worship him in spirit and truth. Spirit, on the level of the invisible presence of G-d that waits to connect with our spirit. And, truth, as is relevant to the new revelations that are being disclosed through the words given to Yeshua by the Father. Just as the prophets delivered G-d’s updated messages, during the first Temple period, so, too, does Yeshua bring forth the besorah – the message being delivered through him, concerning the Kingdom.

This story parallels the narrative of Abraham’s servant Eliezer, who is sent to find a wife for Abraham’s son, Isaac. Eliezer arrives at a well with his entourage around the time that women go out to the well in the evening. He prays for success on his mission, and soon his prayer is answered. Through hashgachah peratis (divine providence), Rebecca shows up at the well, and meets the requirements of Eliezer’s prayer, when she gives him water to drink, and also waters the camels of his entourage. Thus, a wife is found for Isaac at a well, that also quenched the thirst of Abraham’s servant. We may seek out the everlasting waters of salvation through Yeshua.

Shalom Shimon, This even that took place between Jesus and the Samaritan woman before the Cross, I have to make the distinction abs emphasized that this even took place before the Holy Ghost of the Penticost Day.

I can relate to the parallel story of the servant who met the wife to be of Issac by the well as it was foretold. 

This well was the well of Jacob. Jacob had dug this well and it was for him and his family and his sheep. 

Jacob would never have thought that his Lord God when in the flesh will drink from his well, the well he had given to Jacob himself when in his old glory as the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.  

As in the events that took place long time ago Jesus Christ arrived at the well first, just like Abraham's Servant tired and thirsty.

Just like the old he was alone and as in the Old the woman who came by she draw water for the Servant and his Camels. In similar fashion the Samaritan woman draw water for Jesus Christ and his camels, his disciples. 

In same manner Rebeca and the Samaritan woman they were not taken aback by the presence of the stranger as they were alone and instant they draw and gave them water to drink 

The Servant met the future wife of Jacob and Jesus Christ met the future wife of the Messiah the Christ of G-d.

As the family of Rebeca welcome the Servant so the people of the Samaritan wiman welcome Jesus and later they welcome his Servant Philip whom Jesus sent to them looking for his bride, the bride of Jesus Christ, who like Jacob he had many brides from all the nations and tribes of the world and he blessed all their children. 

Jacob was chosen to be the Patriarch of the Nation of God and Jesus was chosen to be the Patriarch of the people of the Heavenly Father. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

"5Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. 6Now Jacob's well was there;

9Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

19The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

20Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in  Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

25The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things."

The woman at the well specifically named Gerizim [the mount of blessing] where Yhdh is to stand according to the Torah. She knew Torah well. [No pun intended]. She was no stranger but rather a challenge till the eyes of her heart were opened.

"The Jews" was a remark toward a tribe. What tribe she's from is her inheritance to Gerazim. In her remark she means Yhdh, being the 6th supposed husband, the total she had like the number of tribes, was a defensive stance. The priesthood and king were corrupted. She was disgusted with a tribe's failure. "Those who say they are Jews…"

Baruch dayan emet,

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

21 hours ago, pinacled said:

Amen

Follow the lamed

Amen

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2021 at 8:34 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

The Servant met the future wife of Jacob and Jesus Christ met the future wife of the Messiah the Christ of G-d.

Thank you for sharing your insights.

I especially like the parallel, as you mentioned, above, concerning, "the future wife of Messiah."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, Shimon said:

Thank you for sharing your insights.

I especially like the parallel, as you mentioned, above, concerning, "the future wife of Messiah."

I should have said: 

Not the wife, some other word, perhaps "the bride ". 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/7/2021 at 3:18 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

Not the wife, some other word, perhaps "the bride "

Yes; thank you for updating your response. I can see how "bride" is more apropos - very relevant.

• Thumbs Up 1