• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I am really surprised that it took a whole 48 hours for the Politicos to begin to blame Bush personally for this disaster. :)

What a bunch of bufoons? ;)

This is in essence a dry run for the next big act of Terrorism in the U.S.

The Looters and those who are lawless are failing miserably.

I am just shocked at the devastation. I was looking at some satellite photos online this morning of before and after. It is simply amazing. A whole entire city is destroyed. Those buildings and homes that are under water? They cannot be restored after sitting in water for days.

There was guy on Fox last night reporting. As he was reporting? A man came along and tried to drink some water from a stagnant water source right in front of the cameras. :o The reporter actually stopped him and told him he would get sick and die if he drank from that water.

Pray Saint's of God pray.

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Well, I guess my point about looting was that material items really don't seem to matter in this disasterous situation. Let God be the judge of those running around stealing, but for those in desperate need it's definitely a different situation. As far as Walmart goes, isn't that soooooo sad that someone would come along and take items away from such a place. Do you people own Walmart Stocks, is that why your so worried about it? And shame on Walmart for not having their Guns tightly secured away.

We really need to be worried about all the people who need to be rescued, and not all the material items being stolen!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would also be worried about the desparate crack heads that are finding weapons and heading for hospitals and drug stores for supplies.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I'm surprised, I haven't heard anything about alligators or crocodiles that could be in the water. Do those areas hit not see them on a good day? :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/17/1968

Grace to you,

I am really surprised that it took a whole 48 hours for the Politicos to begin to blame Bush personally for this disaster. :)

What a bunch of bufoons? ;)

This is in essence a dry run for the next big act of Terrorism in the U.S.

The Looters and those who are lawless are failing miserably.

;)

I am just shocked at the devastation. I was looking at some satellite photos online this morning of before and after. It is simply amazing. A whole entire city is destroyed. Those buildings and homes that are under water? They cannot be restored after sitting in water for days.

What's the url to see the satellite photos?  I really feel bad for all those people that lost their homes.  So many people are so poor that they won't be able to rebuild even with Fema's help.  I'm wondering if alot of the property will be abandoned.

There was guy on Fox last night reporting. As he was reporting? A man came along and tried to drink some water from a stagnant water source right in front of the cameras. :o  The reporter actually stopped him and told him he would get sick and die if he drank from that water.

:o

Pray Saint's of God pray.

Peace,

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can include me in the multitude of prayers :o;)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Nanners,

Here is the link for the photo's;

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/fac...ans-imagery.htm

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/17/1968

Nanners,

Here is the link for the photo's;

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/fac...ans-imagery.htm

Peace,

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! :)

Well, I guess my point about looting was that material items really don't seem to matter in this disasterous situation. Let God be the judge of those running around stealing, but for those in desperate need it's definitely a different situation. As far as Walmart goes, isn't that soooooo sad that someone would come along and take items away from such a place. Do you people own Walmart Stocks, is that why your so worried about it? And shame on Walmart for not having their Guns tightly secured away.

We really need to be worried about all the people who need to be rescued, and not all the material items being stolen!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember seeing the National guard going through either a Wal-mart or grocedry store and they showed a violently broken into machine,it looked like one of those machines you put your coins into to get paper cash back. They also showed a devestated adn almost empty shelved PHARMACY !

Just what they need down there more people dying of taking unknown pills or OD'ing or freaking out.

I'm surprised, I haven't heard anything about alligators or crocodiles that could be in the water. Do those areas hit not see them on a good day?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

There was another thread about this disaster but someone got upset at the others for saying that it was an example of God's judgment and closed the thread. Hoping that the person in question would see this, I might say that neither I nor anyone else has judged New Orleans, God has. Anyone who is innocent, He is well able to protect and help as He did in Sodom. It's not a judgment to say that New Orleans made its money from business in direct opposition to Bible truths, that is to say from sodomy, adultery, drunkenness, gambling, etc. This coming Monday was supposed to be the "Southern Decadence Day" in New Orleans. Now, given that these things are facts, should we feel bad that God has stopped it? No. However, of course we should continue our prayers that God will help people to change, that He will protect the innocent and that He will help us all to love Him and obey Him so that we do not fall under something similar.

It is also not true that God said He would never use floods again. It says more specifically, "Neither shall all flesh be cut off any moe by the waters of a glood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth." In other words, God will not use a world wide flood again to destroy all flesh. However, there are many scriptures that say He will use localized floods in judgment. Look at Is 28:2; Ps 107:25; and Na 1:3, 8 just to name a few. We as Christians should be looking to see how this event fulfills Scripture and searching for why it happened so that we can learn more of God and so that we can help ourselves and our country to avoid future disasters such as this. 2 Ch 7:14 teaches us to humble ourselves and pray and turn to God so that He can forgive us and heal our land.

• Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Much of the chaos here is not getting much press coverage. Many gas stations have run out of fuel and those that do have fuel have lines that are backed up into traffic causing delays that only serve to burn more fuel. I have heard many rumors of conflict and desperation happening here in Baton Rouge as A large majority of those that fled the storm have come here. I heard a story of two "women" fighting in a Taco Bell parking lot over who knows what. A couple was robbed in a Burger King parking lot in a nearby city (Denham Springs). In the same city other people who were out trying to offer help and solice in the down town area were also robbed/mugged only to have a gun pointed at them by yet another mugger shortly after that. The news is showing that our Police and Sherrifs Dept's are out in force to make their presense known. Even then they are still asking for military assistance. Meanwhile the electric companies are still trying to get power going (its slow going). There are also MANY traffic lights out causing yet more delays despite the fuel conditions. Much of the produce and frozen goods went bad at many grocery stores as I understand it, but I know first hand that the area distribution centers for these stores are still operational. I have yet to hear any word as to whether or not the refinery is up and going again. I can only assume that it is since any problems there almost always make news.

All in all things are "stable" here, hectic but stable. Its hard to say how many more people our city can support. Louisiana and Mississippi are THE two poorest states in the country and this has only served to strain our economies even more. Most of these "refuges" will be living off the good graces of others. Obviously those that have the will and skill will be looking for work in whatever areas they find themselves. I drove over to Job Services in town to check on a Job Fair that had been delayed. The parking lot was packed and cars were parking wherever they could squeeze them. As I understand it, the state and law officials are keeping a close eye on price gouging as supply levels are strained.

There is some light in this darkness. The gas stations, for the most part, are trying to keep prices at a minimum even as they run out of fuel. Many churches and civic centers are opening up to refuges. They are conducting food and clothing drives throughout town. I personally am blessed that my folks have electricity and I have been staying with them, along with a couple other relatives, since the storm. We have not had electricity where I work since shortly after the storm so I have been watching alot of TV coverage of whats going on.

Much of the shock has not worn off yet. I am so gratefull for the other cities/states that have stepped up to the plate to help out. Houston, San Antonio, and possibly Fort Worth Dallas will be housing their share of refuges. Its all so mind boggling, the scope of what has happened. In New Orleans alone we now have (essentialy) one million homeless and unemployed people that will be absorbed by other cities and states.

I will be back with more later. Thank you all and God Bless you.