IGNORED

Radiometric Dating and Creation Science

SavedOnebyGrace

31 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

The truth of God's word lies within the Scriptures; not in the false teachings of man.

Yet you believe in the false teachings of YEC.  Those are the teachings of man without scriptural support.  Everything I've been saying has scriptural support.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

18 hours ago, AandW_Rootbeer said:

Hyperbole is a man made term, not a term inspired by the Holy Spirit.

WHO is Man to decide when the Inspired Word of God is exaggerated?

If the Holy Spirit [Inspired] the words to be written, how do you know it is then hyperbole?

How do you know that what we read did not happen as it was written?

This sounds more like Baptist dogma than anything else!!

I gave you a clear and unmistakable example of biblical hyperbole.

John 12:17-19 (WEB)

17 The multitude therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out of the tomb, and raised him from the dead, was testifying about it.
  18 For this cause also the multitude went and met him, because they heard that he had done this sign.
  19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, “See how you accomplish nothing. Behold, the world has gone after him.” 

---How could it possibly be literally true that the world had gone after Jesus?  The very Pharisees who said it had not gone after him, and nor had many, many, many others; in fact, most of the world had not even heard of him yet!

Hyper-literalism leads to nonsense.  It leads to misunderstanding passage after passage, then linking these misunderstandings into a whole system of error.

I have a question for you: is the following condemnation of the Pharisees literal, or hyperbole?

Matt. 23:24 (WEB) You blind guides, who strain out a gnat, and swallow a camel! 

Would you be so brazen as to accuse the Lord of wrongdoing, in using this humorous hyperbole? 

Edited by David1701
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  586
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, David1701 said:

I gave you a clear and unmistakable example of biblical hyperbole.

John 12:17-19 (WEB)

17 The multitude therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out of the tomb, and raised him from the dead, was testifying about it.
  18 For this cause also the multitude went and met him, because they heard that he had done this sign.
  19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, “See how you accomplish nothing. Behold, the world has gone after him.” 

When you Consider at that time the [only] people following Yahweh were Jews, it was a real concern that the whole Jewish world was following Christ.

You are not even taking into Consideration that Jews only recognized themselves and Gentiles were thought of as kinlin for the fires of Hell.

1. You clearly [DO NOT] understand the World Frame of Mind for Jews at that time

2. You clearly [are misusing] Scripture for Your Gain

5 hours ago, David1701 said:

I have a question for you: is the following condemnation of the Pharisees literal, or hyperbole?

Matt. 23:24 (WEB) You blind guides, who strain out a gnat, and swallow a camel! 

Would you be so brazen as to accuse the Lord of wrongdoing, in using this humorous hyperbole? 

Nicely done by HIDING the Verse that matters most to this explanation!

23 Alas for you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; for you pay tithes of mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law, the justice, and the mercy, and the faithfulness: these ought you to have done, and those you ought not to have left undone.

24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat, but swallow the camel.

Now it makes perfect Spiritual Sense.

I have a suggestion for You, if it takes DECEPTION and TRICKERY to prove Your point, I would try a website not based upon Christ to participate in.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  776
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

23 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Yet you believe in the false teachings of YEC.  Those are the teachings of man without scriptural support.  Everything I've been saying has scriptural support.

The very clear text of the Bible states unequivocally and without question that the Heavens and the Earth were created in six days.  On the seventh day God rested.  This is supported throughout the Scriptures including in the 10 commandments and in that fact that Jesus referenced both the first man and woman and Noah.  Additionally, Christ said that the Scriptures as written were correct and can be used for teaching.  Jesus never once corrected anything written in the Scriptures.  Nothing you have posted have biblical support without twisting verses out of context and espousing the doctrine of man.  I can appreciate that you have an opinion.  Personally, I reject all of it as false teaching.  The events recorded in Genesis are referenced over 300 times in the Bible.  The book would not be so referenced were it not important.

• Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

On 11/16/2021 at 8:34 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

So you claim.  Genesis 1:2 says differently. 

It absolutely positively does not.

The earth was without form and void.  Science tells us that it likely began as a gas, then cooled to liquid, then became solid enough so that when light was created the opposite side of the planet was dark.  While this process need not have been followed in a miraculous creation, it does fit perfectly with the description given.  That is my OPINION based on the Scriptures and the three states of matter.  Unlike your interpretation, it doesn't contradict a single thing written.  There was no life on the planet and no dry land until day three.  Your contention that the great flood happened in Genesis 1:2 has no merit regardless of how much you torture the written text.

• Oy Vey! 1

6 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

@RV_Wizard I don't believe we have anything more to discuss.  Your mind is closed to the truth of God's word preferring the lies of YEC.  :th_frusty:

Those reading know which of us posted the word of God and which posted untenable postulations of men.  The great flood happened before there was any living things on the planet.  Hilarious.  Regardless, have a good day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Alive locked this topic