• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  13.22
  • Days Won:  0

Radiometric Dating and Creation Science

The topic of radiometric dating (and other dating methods) has received some of the most vicious attacks by young earth creation science theorists. However, none of the criticisms of young earth creationists have any scientific merit. Radiometric dating remains a reliable scientific method. For articles on the RATE project, see the Rate Index.

General Articles

Potassium and Argon Dating

Radiocarbon Dating 

Radiohalos

Ice Cores

Young Earth Tricks of the Trade 

Bad Young Earth Science

Source: Radiometric Dating: Its Use and Misuse 

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  1

Good list.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12

On 11/3/2021 at 9:03 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

The topic of radiometric dating (and other dating methods) has received some of the most vicious attacks by young earth creation science theorists. However, none of the criticisms of young earth creationists have any scientific merit. Radiometric dating remains a reliable scientific method. For articles on the RATE project, see the Rate Index.

General Articles

Radiocarbon Dating 

Radiohalos

Ice Cores

Bad Young Earth Science

The atheists will be proud of you.  Not many of them have compiled such a list of anti-Christian propaganda.

The Bible declares that God created the heavens and earth in six, literal days, not more than about 10,000 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,163
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, David1701 said:

The Bible declares that God created the heavens and earth in six, literal days, not more than about 10,000 years ago.

You beat me to this reply. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/3/2021 at 2:03 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

General Articles

Radiocarbon Dating 

Radiohalos

Ice Cores

Bad Young Earth Science

Hi Saved,

I too read and believed the 6 day creation when I first started reading the Bible.  It wasn't until I followed Gods direction on HOW TO READ HIS words and FOLLOWED them,  'precept on precept verse by verse here a little there a little, that I learned that this teaching of (the 6 day) was written as an introduction for us FIRST hearing His words and THIS TRUTH PERSISTED until He was ready for me to graduate from the milk alone and to start eating some of the  'meat'.  

I BELIEVED it as 'the only truth' and defended it as such 'because that IS how it is written'.   But that was in my baby eyes,  my milk eyes.  

The FOUNDATION must be built upon or we go nowhere.  Who do you think would like us to remain 'nowhere?  Not run the race?  If we don't allow any BUILDING in as we are commanded  we can never run the race, let alone finish. WE MUST DO THE WORK.  WE are created to do the work.  Christ did the work of the Father.  He is our example.  We are to pick up and follow.  We are supposed to DO. 

For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God
Not of works,
lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them

We can not work for Salvation but for the sake of it, because of it we must give our all. 

GIVING OUR ALL DOES NOT EQUATE TO

"WORKING TO BOAST OF HOW WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR OWN SALVATION" 

So when I believed THAT THE 6TH day creation was the ONLY TRUTH it was only because I hadn't yet studied long enough to know there would be MEAT following the MILK.  Once I was given that information, I read the whole thing again. The doors I hadn't even seen!!!  let alone tried to open.  STILL to this day are new doors being found.  That one change alone and entire new level of TRUTH.  Praise God I had been given a tool to BUILD upon the Foundation, that foundation always being Christ, Gods Saviour. 

The miracle?  It doesn't change the first truth.  It is just seen in a NEW LIGHT. They go hand in hand.  We grow in knowledge but only once we completely humble ourselves and repent of the sinful nature of our flesh that causes us to be so stiff necked and stubborn in OUR OWN WISDOM that we can't see or hear and we start praying NOT OUR UNDERSTANDING, BUT YOUR TRUTH and then LISTENING to and for Him as we start again.   

I STILL believe 'in the beginning' yet it is no longer the only one.  I believe in the 6 day 'creation' of where we live now, in the beginning of this AGE,  but it is no longer the ONLY creation I believe in.  I now understand WHY that first teaching was necessary to come to His truths and why we MUST read His words as directed, meaning precept on precept....not through 'the conclusions of a man upon the conclusion of a man" who did may have or may have not had our best interests at heart.  WE have to read it as directed because

1.  we are directed to, because that is the way the 'rest' is found
2.  it teaches us discipline
3.  we slowly get to know God in and by the steps necessary to know Him starting with  seeing and hearing 
4.  only Gods way can lead to Gods truth, and we are living the results of  'doctrines of man' that seek to stop it.  
5.  the Foundation must be His and must be solid.  Everything skipped over creates a possibility of stepping off the path.

Who could teach Gods words better than GOD?  God is all about ORDER.  Ever notice the exact details He gives?  Maybe we are to read them as written so our minds can start to understand the ORDER as opposed to Chaos.    We must learn discipline.  God tells us, 'this is going to go against what YOU think and feel BUT I PROMISE YOU what takes place inside of you are rewards that can not be put into words.  BUT there WILL BE a test.  Without a test WE DON'T KNOW OURSELVES.  Hasn't He already made it as easy as possible and done MORE THAN PAID THE PRICE, making sure ALL WE NEED TO SUCCEED is there for the asking.  What you think and feel and say and do will show exactly what any of it means/meant to you come judgment day.  Laid bare for all to see.  

I say these things because I followed as directed.  I have disciplined myself. I have dedicated myself to study, to allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and guide me in the TRUTHS found in His words.   THANK GOD and Praise the Lord I didn't have to do it by trying to sort though all the different thoughts given in this world.   

The earth.  What do we see and what does it tell us.  We can look at the earth and watch it growing.  Watch it mothering, see it aging, hear it groaning,  just like us.  We know God spoke all things into existence but. just by looking, before we ever get confirmation through the words of God WE CAN SEE it has gone through some sort of DESTRUCTION, by the continents alone. We know GOD doesn't CREATE anything in such a manner.  Why would we believe that of earth?   

What other doors are to be found on this subject?  Would He have left the dinosaurs bones in the earth, animals never written of EXCEPT when speaking of the time when the sons of God and morning stars were watching the earth being created?  Would He have created the earth and not left all those happy CELESTIAL sons and stars come play on it?  Would He have allow carbon dating to be able to tell us such things?  Again, would He have created the continents to look like they were all 'one' at one time,  if they weren't?  NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION OR CHAOS. 

What about verses like

Isaiah 51:4 Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people. Isaiah 51:5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner but My salvation shall be for ever, and My righteousness shall not be abolished.7 Hearken unto Me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

EVERYTHING GOD CREATES IS DONE BY A LAW.  ALL THINGS MADE HAVE LAWS THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED. Death came about by a NEW law once disobedience was brought in.  (Ever wonder what effect it had on Life taking back the reigns?  If the dead don't rise....

Hebrews 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

AGING, A PROCESS EVEN FOR THE EARTH.  

Are all those who study the earth liars?  Is the earth itself causing confusion?

And the earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep

The earth was.  THIS in ITSELF tells us there is no earth being created as   IT     ALREADY      IS.  

It is sitting there in the dark void and without form. Again, 
SITTING THERE IN THE DARK VOID AND WITHOUT FORM. 
Not being spoken into existence.  

Tohu va bohu.  (best check to see if that is correct and FYI, anyone who ever believes what someone else says without checking it out for themselves is a fool. Period. In my opinion anyhow)

So we ALREADY have THE EARTH, sitting there in darkness BEFORE GOD SPEAKS 

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens

God Himself that formed the earth

2 choices here  1.  God formed the earth WITH FORM   2.  God formed the earth WITHOUT FORM.

What do you know of God?  Does that knowledge come from reading His words precept on precept verse by verse..?  Because if it does you know just like I know, it is impossible for God to have formed the earth without FORM.  When you picture the  NEW HEAVENS AND NEW EARTH do you see them coming from 'without form and void and sitting in the dark'?  

He hath established it

that does NOT sound at all without form and void

He created it not in vain

THIS IS REQUIRES AN EXPLANATION FROM THE 6 DAY PEOPLE.  

He formed it to be inhabited

DOES THIS SOUND WITHOUT FORM AND VOID

I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain:

I the LORD speak righteousness,

I declare things that are right.

Does it seem a fitting time for such a declaration from the LORD?  Telling us He formed the earth, He formed it to be inhabited, He didn't create in vain.  He declares things that are right.  

Do you listen?  Can you hear?  Or do you ALREADY know everything?

That is what I believe.  When God asks me WHY, I will say 'because it is written' and I studied YOUR words as directed and they told me and I was BUILDING upon the FOUNDATION.  And I understand the KATABOLE because of it.  And I know WHY and HOW and WHEN it all changed too,  because 'it is written'.   

My 2 sense   d

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  1

47 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Hi Saved,

I too read and believed the 6 day creation when I first started reading the Bible.  It wasn't until I followed Gods direction on HOW TO READ HIS words and FOLLOWED them,  'precept on precept verse by verse here a little there a little, that I learned that this teaching of (the 6 day) was written as an introduction for us FIRST hearing His words and THIS TRUTH PERSISTED until He was ready for me to graduate from the milk alone and to start eating some of the  'meat'.  

I BELIEVED it as 'the only truth' and defended it as such 'because that IS how it is written'.   But that was in my baby eyes,  my milk eyes.  

The FOUNDATION must be built upon or we go nowhere.  Who do you think would like us to remain 'nowhere?  Not run the race?  If we don't allow any BUILDING in as we are commanded  we can never run the race, let alone finish. WE MUST DO THE WORK.  WE are created to do the work.  Christ did the work of the Father.  He is our example.  We are to pick up and follow.  We are supposed to DO. 

For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God
Not of works,
lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them

We can not work for Salvation but for the sake of it, because of it we must give our all. 

GIVING OUR ALL DOES NOT EQUATE TO

"WORKING TO BOAST OF HOW WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR OWN SALVATION" 

So when I believed THAT THE 6TH day creation was the ONLY TRUTH it was only because I hadn't yet studied long enough to know there would be MEAT following the MILK.  Once I was given that information, I read the whole thing again. The doors I hadn't even seen!!!  let alone tried to open.  STILL to this day are new doors being found.  That one change alone and entire new level of TRUTH.  Praise God I had been given a tool to BUILD upon the Foundation, that foundation always being Christ, Gods Saviour. 

The miracle?  It doesn't change the first truth.  It is just seen in a NEW LIGHT. They go hand in hand.  We grow in knowledge but only once we completely humble ourselves and repent of the sinful nature of our flesh that causes us to be so stiff necked and stubborn in OUR OWN WISDOM that we can't see or hear and we start praying NOT OUR UNDERSTANDING, BUT YOUR TRUTH and then LISTENING to and for Him as we start again.   

I STILL believe 'in the beginning' yet it is no longer the only one.  I believe in the 6 day 'creation' of where we live now, in the beginning of this AGE,  but it is no longer the ONLY creation I believe in.  I now understand WHY that first teaching was necessary to come to His truths and why we MUST read His words as directed, meaning precept on precept....not through 'the conclusions of a man upon the conclusion of a man" who did may have or may have not had our best interests at heart.  WE have to read it as directed because

1.  we are directed to, because that is the way the 'rest' is found
2.  it teaches us discipline
3.  we slowly get to know God in and by the steps necessary to know Him starting with  seeing and hearing 
4.  only Gods way can lead to Gods truth, and we are living the results of  'doctrines of man' that seek to stop it.  
5.  the Foundation must be His and must be solid.  Everything skipped over creates a possibility of stepping off the path.

Who could teach Gods words better than GOD?  God is all about ORDER.  Ever notice the exact details He gives?  Maybe we are to read them as written so our minds can start to understand the ORDER as opposed to Chaos.    We must learn discipline.  God tells us, 'this is going to go against what YOU think and feel BUT I PROMISE YOU what takes place inside of you are rewards that can not be put into words.  BUT there WILL BE a test.  Without a test WE DON'T KNOW OURSELVES.  Hasn't He already made it as easy as possible and done MORE THAN PAID THE PRICE, making sure ALL WE NEED TO SUCCEED is there for the asking.  What you think and feel and say and do will show exactly what any of it means/meant to you come judgment day.  Laid bare for all to see.  

I say these things because I followed as directed.  I have disciplined myself. I have dedicated myself to study, to allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and guide me in the TRUTHS found in His words.   THANK GOD and Praise the Lord I didn't have to do it by trying to sort though all the different thoughts given in this world.   

The earth.  What do we see and what does it tell us.  We can look at the earth and watch it growing.  Watch it mothering, see it aging, hear it groaning,  just like us.  We know God spoke all things into existence but. just by looking, before we ever get confirmation through the words of God WE CAN SEE it has gone through some sort of DESTRUCTION, by the continents alone. We know GOD doesn't CREATE anything in such a manner.  Why would we believe that of earth?   

What other doors are to be found on this subject?  Would He have left the dinosaurs bones in the earth, animals never written of EXCEPT when speaking of the time when the sons of God and morning stars were watching the earth being created?  Would He have created the earth and not left all those happy CELESTIAL sons and stars come play on it?  Would He have allow carbon dating to be able to tell us such things?  Again, would He have created the continents to look like they were all 'one' at one time,  if they weren't?  NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION OR CHAOS. 

What about verses like

Isaiah 51:4 Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people. Isaiah 51:5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner but My salvation shall be for ever, and My righteousness shall not be abolished.7 Hearken unto Me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

EVERYTHING GOD CREATES IS DONE BY A LAW.  ALL THINGS MADE HAVE LAWS THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED. Death came about by a NEW law once disobedience was brought in.  (Ever wonder what effect it had on Life taking back the reigns?  If the dead don't rise....

Hebrews 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

AGING, A PROCESS EVEN FOR THE EARTH.  

Are all those who study the earth liars?  Is the earth itself causing confusion?

And the earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep

The earth was.  THIS in ITSELF tells us there is no earth being created as   IT     ALREADY      IS.  

It is sitting there in the dark void and without form. Again, 
SITTING THERE IN THE DARK VOID AND WITHOUT FORM. 
Not being spoken into existence.  

Tohu va bohu.  (best check to see if that is correct and FYI, anyone who ever believes what someone else says without checking it out for themselves is a fool. Period. In my opinion anyhow)

So we ALREADY have THE EARTH, sitting there in darkness BEFORE GOD SPEAKS 

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens

God Himself that formed the earth

2 choices here  1.  God formed the earth WITH FORM   2.  God formed the earth WITHOUT FORM.

What do you know of God?  Does that knowledge come from reading His words precept on precept verse by verse..?  Because if it does you know just like I know, it is impossible for God to have formed the earth without FORM.  When you picture the  NEW HEAVENS AND NEW EARTH do you see them coming from 'without form and void and sitting in the dark'?  

He hath established it

that does NOT sound at all without form and void

He created it not in vain

THIS IS REQUIRES AN EXPLANATION FROM THE 6 DAY PEOPLE.  

He formed it to be inhabited

DOES THIS SOUND WITHOUT FORM AND VOID

I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain:

I the LORD speak righteousness,

I declare things that are right.

Does it seem a fitting time for such a declaration from the LORD?  Telling us He formed the earth, He formed it to be inhabited, He didn't create in vain.  He declares things that are right.  

Do you listen?  Can you hear?  Or do you ALREADY know everything?

That is what I believe.  When God asks me WHY, I will say 'because it is written' and I studied YOUR words as directed and they told me and I was BUILDING upon the FOUNDATION.  And I understand the KATABOLE because of it.  And I know WHY and HOW and WHEN it all changed too,  because 'it is written'.   

My 2 sense   d

Although I skimmed through the post, it's a fairly consistent reasoning (I assume you are presenting a form of Gap Theory).  I still see it as problematic, but that's OK.

• Thumbs Up 1

@DeighAnn Thank you for your thoughtful, beautifully written response.  I read through it twice because there is so much "meat" included in your prose.

To a certain extent, the first verse in the Bible is the "meat" that most Christians misunderstand. 

In Genesis 1:1
God clearly states that “God created the heaven and the earth.”  The word heaven , as you can see, is singular.  This distinction separates those who have faith in the preservation of the English text from Hebrew scholar wannabes.  The Hebrew word can be correctly translated in different contexts as either heaven or heavens .  And, most modern English versions translate this passage as heavens .  However, a Bible-believing study of Genesis One and the doctrine of heavens in the scripture show that heaven in the singular is the only possible correct translation.  [David Reagan]

Christians who desire a deeper understanding of God's word must begin with a sound, unshakable foundation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, David1701 said:

The atheists will be proud of you.  Not many of them have compiled such a list of anti-Christian propaganda.

You have to know how to defend God's truth against the lies perpetrated by Christian propaganda.

8 hours ago, David1701 said:

Ten thousand years is a bad interpretation not supported by scripture.

• Oy Vey! 1

9 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

Here is the biggest hindrance to creation science.  Science is the study of the natural world around us.  Creation was a supernatural event.  It didn't conform to any mechanism found in the natural world.  The earth was formed in its mature form in a single day at the direction of the Creator.  Science will never be able to replicate this process.  The truth of the creation lies not within the creation itself, but with the Creator.

There is no such thing as creation science that is supported by science.  Creation science tries to explain away science.

• Oy Vey! 2