Faith-Not-Fear

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

I was wondering if anyone else has read The Trail of Blood (physical book or cheap on kindle) or similar books. I was surprised many years ago to read in it and similar books that there were always christians who didn't believe in infant baptism,  that were never part of the catholic church, that always believed the bible, that could be traced back through history all the way to the time of Christ.  They were called baptists, anabaptists, "rebaptisers" and many other names. Is this one of the aspects of history that is being hidden or covered up? 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

I have not read the book but I have come across some people who fanatical about this - to the point of irrationality.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

On 11/8/2021 at 5:23 AM, Faith-Not-Fear said:

I was wondering if anyone else has read The Trail of Blood (physical book or cheap on kindle) or similar books. I was surprised many years ago to read in it and similar books that there were always christians who didn't believe in infant baptism,  that were never part of the catholic church, that always believed the bible, that could be traced back through history all the way to the time of Christ.  They were called baptists, anabaptists, "rebaptisers" and many other names. Is this one of the aspects of history that is being hidden or covered up? 

I have not read the book, but what could an infant baptism actually do knowing an adult baptism is the acknowledgement of a person accepting the gift of salvation in which the public dunking in water is symbolic of a spiritual rebirth.  A baby cannot make such a choice about salvation any more than it could make choices in on which stocks to buy in the stock market.

The 'baby baptisms' are typically a ritual sprinkling of water on the forehead called a christening, not a baptism.  It's not a full dunking in which the pastor asks the baby to remember not to breath while it's being plunged under water.   It may make the parents feel good about a pastor's blessing, but what does christening really mean?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

On 11/8/2021 at 10:23 AM, Faith-Not-Fear said:

I thought it was quite well known.  There have always been genuine Christians, persecuted by Roman Catholicism and its offshoots.

Fanatical infant sprinklers have even tortured and murdered many who practised biblical believer's baptism, so it's important.

• Well Said! 2