• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,888
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Not taking away a "thorn in the flesh" is absolutely one possibility. Remember in that passage that God's response is to tell Paul "my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

God uses suffering for correction, but just as much or even more depending on the person, he uses it like every other trial; to grow our joy in and reliance on Him. We learn to trust Him more and more each time He sees us through a dark moment.

And there is more than just hope of being without pain in eternity; 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 implies that the suffering we experience in this life will actually increase our heavenly rewards of glory. Those who suffer more here on Earth will likely be even better off in the new creation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Roko said:

Because praying is calling a disconnected phone ĺine. That's why we have science, without human advancement we would be in a worst state. Science doesn't ignore people who need help. Call 911 you get an instant reply and help arrives.

You're kidding, right?  God created those scientists.  He created their brains.  Without Him, they would not have the wherewithal to even think!  God created all the material that they use in their data.  Without God, there would be no data.  These scientists need God to be able to think to create that data.  So, why would I turn to a scientist, when I can (and do), turn to the One who created that scientist with all his data? 

21 minutes ago, Roko said:

Humans produced those people by sperm/egg, as humans pro create. And those people who became scientists studied to be where they are today. Scientists obtain data from the natural world as the natural world exists to study. Your post was a load of claims you have no supporting evidence for. You haven't observed anything created. Show a brain being created/not coming from another physical brain/human. But another source.

Correction...I have the Bible.  And in Genesis it talks about how God not only created the world, but everything in it and created He them, after their kind!  God created that sperm and egg for those people to procreate.  That natural world where they are collecting all of their data, He created that, too!  No man created the minerals, metals and all the other raw materials that being used in collecting and data for other people's knowledge...including yours!

2 minutes ago, Roko said:

The bible is written by humans. Again, show a brain coming from another source.

You are correct!  The original King James version was written by man...however, God was directing his writing of the Bible for us to understand it.  The original Bible was written in Aramaic, the old language of the pheasant or slaves population.  It had to be interpreted in a language spoken of by the popular majority...thus, the original version was interpreted by the person of God's choice, for us today, so that we can understand it!  I would never have been able to understand it in it's original version.  So, yes.  Man had to write the bible, with God directing his pen, for us to understand it.  This person was only an interpreter, not the author!  

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/3/2021 at 2:37 PM, Roko said:

Because praying is calling a disconnected phone ĺine. That's why we have science, without human advancement we would be in a worst state. Science doesn't ignore people who need help. Call 911 you get an instant reply and help arrives.

Who has hurt you as a child? I don't ask this with sarcasm. A lot of people who speak as you do against God have had severe tragedies in their life and they blame God. You're should be blaming HaSatan... And you speak of human advancement... Do you mean "human advancement" like assisted suicide, nuclear weapons, assassin drones and abortion? Certainly we are in so much better of a state for these "advancements" (Yes, that was sarcasm).

Tell me what does "science" do for the homeless? Do they not need help? What does science do for all of the people starving throughout the world? Surely, I will tell you the people of God have helped all of those where "science" has done nothing.

Edited by Bawb
  • Praise God! 1

6 minutes ago, Roko said:

People help people regardless of a God belief. Science has enabled aircraft deliver aid to countries who need it. Science has doubled your lifespan. Euthanasia is beneficial for those who no longer want to suffer. Nuclear weapons are beneficial to protect us from countries who pose a threat. Drones are beneficial to reduce military fatalities when taking out regimes that want to harm us. Christians have the highest abortion rate. So it is beneficial to them.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/11/30/1455348/-Christian-group-s-survey-finds-that-Christians-have-highest-abortion-rates-by-a-lot

911 is used daily by people, it's beneficial as people actually help.

Roko, where's what I think you may be missing the point: Christians are people, it's true.  But Christians don't place their faith hope and trust in man.  As Christians, we benefit from the things that man, including Christians, have invented.  We live in a world right along with other human beings, so of course we are going to partake of all the goods offered!  We have to live, too.  But, please don't miss that point I just made!  Christians, place their hope, trust and faith in God...not man!

• Well Said! 1

17 minutes ago, Roko said:

Your trusting human inventions. Your sending messages all around the world in seconds. As science works. You use science every day of your life and you return to it because it's beneficial for you as it has supplied you with of evidence of it working. Ever been to hospital or used medication your trusting man's  understanding of the world and how things work. 

You are basing all of this logic on what man can do, has done.  But you are not listening to one word I'm telling you about mans logic or reasoning or knowledge.  Instead, you are on this rollercoaster of how great man is for the things he's done.  But listen to what I'm telling you: man can do NOTHING on his own apart from Christ!!!  Absolutely nothing!!!  He can't breath on his own apart from Christ.  He can't walk on his own apart from Christ and he CANNOT think on his own apart from Christ!  God made him from the tip of his hair all the way to the bottom of his feet.  Man IS God's creation...not the other way around!  For you to sit back an glory in mankind is foolish because not one of us(humans), made ourselves.  We only exist because God allowed us to come into being!

Again your just making claims. I have asked you to show a brain being created, or in other words not coming from another human, but from another source.

Throughout our "conversation", I HAVE shown you who my God is is...my source.  But you have repeatedly refused to acknowledge or accept that God even exist!

No you have repeated claims.  You have yet to show a brain produced by another source. 

Ok. I can see that you are not going to let this "rest in peace", without some "proof", right?  The "claims" you've stated I made are in your mind, invalid, because they offer up no proof?  Right?  People like you need something tangible...something, that they can not only see feel and taste, but something that they can "reason" out in their minds that this is real?  Because they can see it, right?

People like you, are people like us(Christians), pray for.

Well, let me start off by saying, you don't see the air that you breathe.  But you believe it's there because you're alive by breathing the air!  You don't see the wind, but you believe it's there because you can feel it in a nice cool summers breeze.

We all need to believe in someone.  Deep down in every man is that need to believe in God.  He put that desire in you for Him.

So, I will tell you how to "see" God as best as I can as I am a student of the Bible and not a world famous theologian!  But I will teach you what I know.

My dear friend, before I begin, I want to tell you that no man has every seen God.  In our natural bodies, we cannot behold(look upon), his face and live.  God was there, in the heavens existing before He even formed the earth.  In our finite minds, it's hard for man to fathom something or someone who didn't have a beginning and will never have an end...but that's exactly who God is.  We have always known things to have a beginning and will ultimately will have an end.  

Let's start at the beginning: Genesis.  Chapter 1.

God created the heavens AND the earth.  He created light and darkness.  He created all that we see and all that we don't see.  He created all living creatures including man.  He created everything after it's kind(meaning, monkeys after their kind, birds after their kind, etc etc).  When He created man, He created us in His likeness.

So, to sum it up, there is no science involved in the creation of anything we see.  Period.  People did not "evolve" from animals and one animal did not "evolve" from another species of some other animal.  All creatures are as they always was from the beginning!  Man was formed from the dust and when he takes his final breath, he will return to dust.  There is no evolution to creation.  There hss never been any science to prove this theory.  Man will never find this "missing link", because there isn't one to find as humans never evolved from apes.  There is no scientific proof that the earth "appeared" out of nothing.  I know and I've heard it said from other who believe that the earth appeared out of nowhere.  But that's just not true.  If the earth just appeared out of nowhere, how did it get the trees and fruits and herbs and water?  How would the water "know" to only go so far ad to not flood the earth?  I've heard it said that everything we see came from one single cell.  This is not true. How could one single cell create all the different varieties of animals and man and shape all with either fur, feathers, skin or scales?  How would it tell the claws or teeth or hair where to go and to whom it should go to?

The bottom line is, a sovereign God fashioned all of this and us.

Want to hear more?

1 minute ago, Roko said:

You keep repeating claims. Show a brain coming from another source other than from sperm/egg/another human. Do you have any evidence contrary?

Sorry...I can't help you with anything else.  I have given you all I can and you still refused to believe.  I've already told you that no man has ever seen God.  People, like you, always try to use this point to make their point: that there is no God.  Well, I'm here to tell you that there is!  I have never seen Him face to face ( in this life I won't), but you cannot tell me that He doesn't exist!

You will need to consult someone who is more knowledgeable in this than I, but you need to get that chip off your shoulder and be open to what's being said and stop trying to seek some kind of proof based only on what you can think/determine is real. Ok.