• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

@adamjedgar

I am not quite sure what is your problem. Are you mixing up other posters with me, and your language is unbecoming and offensive. 

Do your preachings if you must. But do not envolved me in your arguments because you have not communicate peacefully. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

@adamjedgar

I am not quite sure what is your problem. Are you mixing up other posters with me, and your language is unbecoming and offensive. 

Do your preachings if you must. But do not envolved me in your arguments because you have not communicate peacefully. 

sorry for the language barrier issues...its clear english is not your first language and you are misinterpreting the inferences in my responses.

I suspect that this is probably why our theologies are also explained very differently and  the origin of the perception that what you say appears to be quite unorthodox.

Edited by adamjedgar

6 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hey appy,

Correct me if I have a misconception. There appears to be different rules for the various covenants, or dispensations if you will (Adamic, Noahic, Abrahamic, Mosaic).

I don't want to take the following verse out of context, but all my commentaries are pretty much silent on an explanation pre-Moses.  

Romans 5:13 (KJV) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Paul goes on to explain it from Moses to Jesus, but doesn't seem to elaborate any from Adam through Abraham, as far as "imputed" to anyone.

Imputed = 1823 ἐλλογάω (ellogaō): vb. [see also 1824]; ≡ Str 1677; TDNT 2.516—LN 57.226 charge to an account (Phm 18+)

1677.  ἐλλογέω ĕllŏgĕō, el-log-eh´-o; from 1722 and 3056 (in the sense of account); to reckon in, i.e. attribute:—impute, put on account.

The way I'm currently interpreting the word "imputed" in Romans 5:13, and commented upon through verse 17. That prior to Moses there was no law, so legally, sin could not be charged to anyone's account?

In our secular laws, ignorance is no excuse. But when booked and charged, the specific law broken is cited, recorded and put forth, followed by sentencing if convicted.

If my understanding is close to correct, this raises a bunch of other questions? Saved by faith has always been the standard in any dispensation. But what about personal accountability of sin at the Great White Throne Judgment, for those prior to Moses? 

Any thoughts?

I like your line of reasoning, and reading the scriptures It can been seen that from Abraham till the worship of the Golden Calf there was not judgment of the children of Abraham. Non of them was punished for their sins, it was something like that they were under some immunity. 

Cain was punished but they did the same thing like Cain and they were unpunished. 

Don't you find this interesting and the fact that attempts have been made persistently to silence any voice that brings this up.

Any thoughts. 

1 minute ago, adamjedgar said:

sorry for the language barrier issues...its clear english is not your first language and you are misinterpreting the inferences in my responses.

This another attempt to avoid to look in the mirror. 

If there was something to clarify you would have asked a question but you never did, and you ignored all my questions. 

When you are ready to identify an issue and discuss it it's fine with me. 

Example: I never said the Law was coursed or something like that. 

1 minute ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I like your line of reasoning, and reading the scriptures It can been seen that from Abraham till the worship of the Golden Calf there was not judgment of the children of Abraham. Non of them was punished for their sins, it was something like that they were under some immunity. 

Cain was punished but they did the same thing like Cain and they were unpunished. 

Don't you find this interesting and the fact that attempts have been made persistently to silence any voice that brings this up.

Any thoughts. 

Matthew 24:38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark. 39And they were oblivious, until the flood came and swept them all away.

As has been pointed out before, the covenant is not about a new law! The covenant is about salvation...i do not understand why you keep ignoring this irrefutable biblical truth?

The promise was given after the fall in Genesis Chapter 3, again to Noah, again to Abraham, again to the Israelites at Sinai, and again to the Gentiles (spiritual Israel). It is then explained again in Revelation 14:12 

12Here is a call for the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

12 minutes ago, adamjedgar said:

Matthew 24:38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark. 39And they were oblivious, until the flood came and swept them all away.

As has been pointed out before, the covenant is not about a new law! The covenant is about salvation...i do not understand why you keep ignoring this irrefutable biblical truth?

The promise was given after the fall in Genesis Chapter 3, again to Noah, again to Abraham, again to the Israelites at Sinai, and again to the Gentiles (spiritual Israel). It is then explained again in Revelation 14:12 

12Here is a call for the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Please if you read my posting you quote and the issue I have identified for discussion, you did not address it face to face, you dis not mentioned this period from Abraham to the Passover of the Lord and the events of the GOLDEN CALF, the worship of the Golden Calf. 

It is impossible to deny those facts....all the sins of the children of Jacob...it is an embarrassment even to list them.

If you do not want to talk about it I understand. 

Why they were not punished? 

Or why they were left unpunished? 

Or why the Lord did not confront them.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

47 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This another attempt to avoid to look in the mirror. 

If there was something to clarify you would have asked a question but you never did, and you ignored all my questions. 

When you are ready to identify an issue and discuss it it's fine with me. 

Example: I never said the Law was coursed or something like that. 

I have no problem with that. trouble is, i dont think we are on the same page and hence its not possible to interract in a manner where consideration is given to the very obvious problems that exist in your theology. Whenever a problem is highlighted, you explain it away without specific supporting bible texts...instead relying on reasoning of related principals ...using the exact the same flawed theology as the very statements you are trying to support!

We cannot use personal interpretations (based on flawed theology) as a support for the flawed theology...its circular and self defeating!

If we want to support our theology, then we must use self evident texts from the bible as our foundation...and build upon these self evident texts.

If, during this process, we encounter  a brick wall where it is plainly obvious an irreconcilable conflict with self evident foundation principles occurs, then our theology is wrong!

The theology that the law is a curse, is conflict with biblical truths (self evident texts that state the exact opposite of this claim). We cannot explain away old testament truths by claiming that they no longer apply. Those truths do not make sense to some modern theologies because the modern theologies cannot accept that they must keep the Sabbath!

So what the theologian must do is first do is throw out the idea that he doesnt need to keep the sabbath. Ignore that issue completely and just accept that Jesus kept the Sabbath himself and he is our teacher. Teachers teach us what we are supposed to do!

If you do this, then the law is no longer a curse! The wages of Sin is the curse...Its that simple!

Edited by adamjedgar

3 minutes ago, adamjedgar said:

I have no problem with that. trouble is, i dont think we are on the same page and hence its not possible to interract in a manner where consideration is given to the very obvious problems that exist in your theology. Whenever a problem is highlighted, you explain it away without specific supporting bible texts...instead relying on reasoning of related principals ...using the exact the same flawed theology as the very statements you are trying to support!

We cannot use personal interpretations (based on flawed theology) as a support for the flawed theology...its circular and self defeating!

If we want to support our theology, then we must use self evident texts from the bible as our foundation...and build upon these self evident texts.

If, during this process, we encounter  a brick wall where it is plainly obvious an irreconcilable conflict with self evident foundation principles occurs, then our theology is wrong!

The theology that the law is a curse in conflict with biblical truths (self evident texts that state the exact opposite of this claim). We cannot explain away old testament truths by claiming that they no longer apply. Those truths do not make sense to some modern theologies because the modern theologies cannot accept that they must keep that Sabbath!

Your theology or my theology, no need to make statements like that, to say your theology is not good to anyone without proof and without identifying the issue that needs to be discussed is not the way to go about it....you do not agree with me then you in error...

You have to point the error and prove it and reason it out why, and give the chance to the other party to reply. 

You say like that, I do not agree for this reason and elaborate and built something and give the chance to the other party to blow it away...are you holding on a building that has weak foundations, do you feel it being shaken?  Do you think by telling others he is wrong, you can hold it together?  Face the questioning. Someone is trying to help you. 

And I never said the Law is or was course, I keep repeating that, again and again. 

@adamjedgar the facts about the sins of the children of Jacob are listed in the bible. I do not need to posted them because you have not deny that did not happened. 

You know who they are, the twelve Patriarchs of the Nation of Israel.

I asked if you know why they were not punished and why the Almighty God whose children they were he did not confronted them about and he did not punish them? 

If you respond in a way I do not know and I am puzzled why that happened and it is quite difficult for me to accept it and I wish their sins did not happened, I want them to be Holy, I need them to be Holy.

I will understand your need for that... and if you say "I do not know and then ask "do you know why" then I may surprise you. 

You just have to ask WHY, DO YOU KNOW WHY? 

Because if you ask this question it is also an admission that they have committed those sins, and then when that argument is out of way, and it is established that they committed those sins (unheard sins, very serious sins) and were not punished and the Almighty God, their God , only their God and not the God of anyone else did not confront them...and at that time the only children God had , well most of them, the majority of them but not Joseph and Benjamin were in fact big sinners. If you ask me why I have something to say. 

25 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Your theology or my theology, no need to make statements like that, to say your theology is not good to anyone without proof and without identifying the issue that needs to be discussed is not the way to go about it....you do not agree with me then you in error...

You have to point the error and prove it and reason it out why, and give the chance to the other party to reply. 

You say like that, I do not agree for this reason and elaborate and built something and give the chance to the other party to blow it away...are you holding on a building that has weak foundations, do you feel it being shaken?  Do you think by telling others he is wrong, you can hold it together?  Face the questioning. Someone is trying to help you. 

And I never said the Law is or was course, I keep repeating that, again and again. 

done that so many times but you always ignore it. not once have you ever addressed the factual biblical counter argument that disproves your interpretation. you instead leave those parts out and pretend they have not been presented.

The apostle Paul himself said "there is no difference between Jew and Gentile" and yet you make the wild claim that a few of the 10 commandments apply to one party and not the other???

You do this because your foundation conclusions are in conflict with self evident bible truths. Therefore, in order to continue to support these conflicting conclusions, when faced with overwhelming evidence to the contrary, you simply ignore the evidence and explain away the error! Its a foolish endeavour and i point out what Samuel said to king Saul..."to obey is better than to sacrifice"! 

Edited by adamjedgar