VRSpock

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

About 7 or 8 years ago I was listening to christian radio in the truck and some preacher was on...............I can not remember his name............anyway.....he said if you live in New Orleans, prepare yourself and your families to leave because God is judging that city and it will be under water.

I didn't really think much about it until now.

It has been well known for decades that New Orleans was under sea level and had a levee system that could only withstand a catagory 3 hurrican. Thats like saying " I got a word from the Lord today, and he told me that there are gonna be some big storms brewing out in the Caribbean come August". Any educated person in this area could have told you that sooner or later N.O. is gonna end up under water. Galveston got popped like this back in 1900. We need to be careful with this "thus sayth the Lord stuff". Now I have a word from God, he told me that I am going to be E-castigated on this thread for my sceptic view of self-appointed prophets who are sure they have an interpretation of God's view of specific modern day events. Will it come true? And if it does...am I a prophet?

Dan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Any time in the Bible that God brought judgement upon a place there was total destruction (Lot and Noah) he warned the righteous beforehand and got them completely out before the destruction hit.

I have not heard of anyone getting such a warning or word BEFORE the hurricane.

Also God always destroyed totally when he brought about these judgements.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

About 7 or 8 years ago I was listening to christian radio in the truck and some preacher was on...............I can not remember his name............anyway.....he said if you live in New Orleans, prepare yourself and your families to leave because God is judging that city and it will be under water.

I didn't really think much about it until now.

It has been well known for decades that New Orleans was under sea level and had a levee system that could only withstand a catagory 3 hurrican. Thats like saying " I got a word from the Lord today, and he told me that there are gonna be some big storms brewing out in the Caribbean come August". Any educated person in this area could have told you that sooner or later N.O. is gonna end up under water. Galveston got popped like this back in 1900. We need to be careful with this "thus sayth the Lord stuff". Now I have a word from God, he told me that I am going to be E-castigated on this thread for my sceptic view of self-appointed prophets who are sure they have an interpretation of God's view of specific modern day events. Will it come true? And if it does...am I a prophet?

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey yeah.......I digg what your sayin.... :emot-highfive: ......I was just pointing out that I did hear someone warning people. However scientist were also warning.........so was certain people trying to get funding.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah...but it's not important as to the how's....but to the when's...it's the timing of it. 40-years from Betsy. 4-years from both the article posted in Popular Mechanics and the 9-11 disaster....to me, that's a confirmation.

It's like the star over Bethlehem.....could have been Mars...could have been a little spaceship with litte green men inside...could have been a meteorite....could have been one of God's angels....who cares how....the fact is that it appeared exactly when Christ was born..and the wise men followed its direction in faith, in tune with God's spirit.....with God...timing is everything.

I agree...there are too many false prophets out there that claim they have received a word from God...and New Orleans is a no brainer on it's inevitable demise due to its elevation. I'm very wary of anyone who claims to be a prophet, because no one in the bible who was a prophet was self-proclaimed....they didn't have to be....anything that came out of their mouthes was pretty much etched in stone when it concerned future events....they could look at a person they've never met before and tell that person things that no one but that person could ever know.....they were in tune with the spirit. There are people like this who walks around today....but there's one key thing between the real deal and the fake people. The Holy Spirit is not a duracell powered flash light that a person can just flip on and off at will....it just happens when it happens.

The word I received Sunday was just on the fact that it was a message....and when I questioned this in my mind...it was then impressed onto me that it was time stamped with these symbolic timings to confirm that...and the pastor's message went right along with what I said...before I said it....and then another person, someone visiting our church, had something to say that went along with it as well......and all three confirmed each other....yet we hadn't even talked about things. In fact, I had just got through telling my wife on the way to church that no one can say why this happend in New Orleans. I walked into church thinking it was just a random event until the Lord impressed these things on my heart during worship service.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Before this hurricane, everyone was fearful of terrorism and nuclear annhilation.

Maybe God is trying to instill the fear of the Lord. If Hollywood keeps putting out these innacurate "spiritual movies", God will li9kely send them a wake up call.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

VrSpock is NO false prophet. This man has a true heart for the Lord Jesus!! He is one of THE most intelligent men I have EVER known and I know that when he speaks, that it isn't babble. This man speaks when there is a need, this man speaks from a heart that serves Christ and no other. False prophets there may be, but I assure you that VrSpock is not one of them.

Faith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

VrSpock is NO false prophet. This man has a true heart for the Lord Jesus!! He is one of THE most intelligent men I have EVER known and I know that when he speaks, that it isn't babble. This man speaks when there is a need, this man speaks from a heart that serves Christ and no other. False prophets there may be, but I assure you that VrSpock is not one of them.

Faith

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am far from being any kind of prophet....false or real...I think the posts regarding false prophets was in reference to the preacher on the radio a few years back that said New Orleans should look out.....which is a no brainer. That's like telling LA to watch out for a major earth quake...or Seattle to look out for extended periods of rain.

I don't think I am actually trying to imply that anyone is a false prophet more than I believe that many times, a disaster such Katrina can be mis-interpreted as a specific warning from God. These type of storms are well within the boundries of natural occurances. The mere fact that nature goes crazy at times prooves that the world is not in harmony with it's creator. But so has it always been. That Gulf water gets warm and its not a good mix with a storm like Katrina. Anyone here on the Gulf Coast knows that if you live long enough, chances are good that you will experience such an event. I just don't see it as a specific punishment. Right now these victims need to look towards God more than they need to be told that they were singled out for punishment because they happen to live in a strategical location. Inspite of all of the sin in this Nation, Christ is still alive and well here. Just come down to Houston and witness how his Church is passing this test with flying colors. Sometime I believe we paint a darker picture than necessary.

Dan

I have lived here on the Gulf Coast all of my life. We have seen our share of these things. Read about Galveston's 1900 storm sometime. 6000 dead. Katrina was only a 4 when it hit. This has been going on for quite sometime. If you want to believe it is a specific warning from heaven, thats fine. I simply disagree. I do agree that people should turn to God. Because as I said on an earlier post, we are all guaranteed an "end time".

God Bless

Dan

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So, Dan -

Are we in the hands of the Lord . . .