• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,630
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Yes, it is implicit in Scripture that Satan spoke through the serpent to deceive Eve by contradicting God's warning that the penalty for eating the forbidden fruit was death. 

Also, maybe it's pedantic to say Lucifer didn't become Satan until he actively opposed God, but certainly such self- aggrandisement here does amount to a lie because of its false claims. 

Isa 14:12-14  "How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations!  (13)  For you have said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north;  (14)  I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.'

I have to wonder what case your agnostic contact will make of the direct and indirect Scriptural references to Satan's lying.

They will make the case that inference is only valid from their side. When I infer it's a comprehension problem. I suppose they want to catch Satan with the cookies in his hand and then hear him say, "I didn't take any cookies."

And I get it, except for maybe one clear falsehood it's not easy to see the deception as Satan is more challenging God's authority, "Did God really say that?" and the trust and belief of Adam and Eve in the words God spoke to them; "You will not surely die,” the serpent told her. 5“For God knows that in the day you eat of it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”"

Adam and Eve could not have known they would die since there was no evidence of death. But Satan knew.

But I think it's an uphill battle as the agnostic differs from the atheist in only the most modest way. The atheist professes outright denial while the agnostic is a fence sitter, hoping that hedging now will grant some leniency later. IMO, anyway.

And I did post the reference to Isaiah 14. No response. Probably because it's proper evidence. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,630
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Warrior of truth said:

Satan doesn't get quoted much in the Bible so its difficult to find what you are asking for.

The book of Job came to mind and someone has already cited a passage from it.

Perhaps the best exaple is the one from Genesis when he tells eve they will not die and be like gods.

True. The Genesis 3 example is where the battle is. I'm being told God lied. How they twist so vigorously and without shame I do not know. Well, I do know. I guess it's just a scary thing and I'm feeling that for them. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,942
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

Those symbol of All Seeing Eye at US dollars and Luciferian lodges, it lied because it is not God's eyes as it pretended to be the all knowing God.