• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/1/2022 at 1:45 AM, Charlie744 said:

There are a few topics in this section and in the Prophecy section that deal with the Sabbath and the Laws. Many seem to believe that both may no longer be kept (Sabbath), while the Laws have been done away with, abolished or represent 'legalism' and do not have to be honored since we 'rest' in the Lord (similar arguments for not keeping the Sabbath).

Rather than continue with the 'still very much active' topic of the Sabbath in the Prophecy section, it might be appropriate to address the definition of just what the 'New Covenant' represents in Jeremiah 31:31-33. The answer to this will / should provide the answer to the keeping of the Sabbath since it is included as the 4th commandment of God.

So, what is this New Covenant - There are two parts to a covenant. Do this and I will do that. The Old Covenant, and I believe all the previous covenants prior to the Abrahamic Covenant were identical - Obey God and He will bless you...., where obey is the Commands of God given orally. Those SAME covenants were then given to Moses in writing since the people (since Adam) failed to honor them. 

Did the New Covenant eliminate the 10 commandments or did Jesus provide a better way to obey them through the Holy Spirit?

Thanks, Charlie

I think in similar fashion. As for now I am seeing few covenants. Which are the process of advancing the kingdom of God. Noah, Abrahamic Sinai and new covenant. Prior to the new covenant David received the blessing of Abraham concerning his household.  It is not distinct as a seperate covenant in my opinion. David there is an heir in similar fashion to Isaac, Jacob, Joseph. But David is a king under the Sinai covenant, unlike his predecessors.

1Ch 5:2  For Judah prevailed above his brethren, and of him came the chief ruler; but the birthright was Joseph’s:) 

Edited by Anne2