• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

1 hour ago, WordSword said:

It's my belief that Judaism is ended for now

I have wondered what is meant by Judaism. Is it the faith that Israelites had in YHVH prior to the resurrection of Yeshua? Is it the religion that specifically rejects Yeshua as Messiah? Is it the religion that believes that salvation comes through the obedience to Torah and believes in the truthfulness of the remainder of the TaNaKh?

The reason I ask is because I have been accused, as a Messianic Gentile, that I am trying to adopt Judaism. If it is simply the faith that preceded Yeshua's resurrection, then I do not see a problem with it.

5 minutes ago, NickyLouse said:

I have wondered what is meant by Judaism. Is it the faith that Israelites had in YHVH prior to the resurrection of Yeshua? Is it the religion that specifically rejects Yeshua as Messiah? Is it the religion that believes that salvation comes through the obedience to Torah and believes in the truthfulness of the remainder of the TaNaKh?.

Yes to all! God bless!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1

1 hour ago, WordSword said:

the Law (which was "taken away" - Heb 10:9)

I stand on the belief that when Israelites used bulls and goats by faith for the olah korban, translated in English as burnt offering but actually means ascent approach, they were approaching YHVH by way of Yeshua (the only Way) through faith. The fact that they were often making their approaches without faith did not please Him.

But what was set aside (or abolished)? It is not clear to me. Is it the faithless offering?

Edited by NickyLouse

15 hours ago, NickyLouse said:

But what was set aside (or abolished)? It is not clear to me. Is it the faithless offering?

True, only those with faith in God were His people, as many did not trust Him and perished. The entire Law which was given only to God's people Israel was removed. 

Jesus declared the time when it would pass: "till all be fulfilled" (Mat 5:18, 24:34Luk 21:32). The Law provided "forgiveness" (Num 15:24-30), but was intended only to direct to Christ (Gal 3:24).

The Lord Jesus "fulfilled" the Law so it could pass and the final covenant could be in place: "For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second" (Heb 8:7).

Edited by WordSword
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lv23:2 Am5:21

Compare Amos 5:21 with Leviticus 23:2. They look very similar in English, but have completely different statements. What do you think?

Edited by NickyLouse

3 minutes ago, NickyLouse said:

Compare Amos 5:21 with Leviticus 23:2. They look very similar in English, but have completely different statements. What do you think?

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the Lord, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

21 I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.

On 2/12/2022 at 1:00 PM, NickyLouse said:

My belief's usually rest chiefly the same as John Gill, whom I've been using as a tutor for the last couple decades (and often sometimes Albert Barnes, and occasionally Joseph Benson). Appreciate your input and God bless!

On 2/12/2022 at 12:00 PM, NickyLouse said:

My point is that when we read the Bible, at face value, we can misinterpret what it says. We must read the entire Bible to truly know. If we read Amos 5:21 by itself, we might conclude that YHVH hates the moedim. However, going back to Hebrew, we see that the word in Amos is not moedim. Additionally, He did/does not hate the moedim. He hates what we had/have made them into.

Concerning the "Law" (Torah), He never changed His mind. The Israelites (and going back to Abraham, Noah and Adam) were not required to do His will. He graciously gave them the choice just as He graciously gives us the choice today. People who say that shema-ing unto Him is mixing Christianity with Judaism miss the point absolutely, wholeheartedly and entirely.

Edited by NickyLouse
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 2/11/2022 at 3:44 PM, WordSword said:

It's my belief that Judaism is ended for now, since Christ's resurrection, but He still taught part of the time the Law, while He was acclimating believers in Him from the Law (which was "taken away" - Heb 10:9) to the Gospel. Law and Gospel are not the same administrations but have the same goal, but Law will not return for Israel (God's people) until the Millennium (Jer 31:31-33Eze 36:27).

My understanding may be wrong. I am thinking Judaism is Israel under the law. It will last til Jesus returns. I forgot where but I read Jesus will judge Israel by the law and everyone else w/o the law. Hope I make sense in this post.

Edited by Seeker1834
Spelling

13 hours ago, Seeker1834 said:

I am thinking Judaism is Israel under the law. It will last til Jesus returns. 

There are numerous scriptures confirming the cessation of the Law: (Heb 7:11,19;8:7;10:9, et al.)

14 hours ago, Seeker1834 said:

I forgot where but I read Jesus will judge Israel by the law and everyone else w/o the law. 

Rom 2:12