• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

On 2/12/2022 at 8:42 AM, WordSword said:

The entire Law which was given only to God's people Israel was removed.

This is a statement that if I can verify, I will have my mind put at ease. I think this is so much more important than matters such as perseverance of the saints, free will, rapture, etc. My opposing view of the statement would seem to put me in a camp outside of faith, which is disturbing to say the least.

43 minutes ago, NickyLouse said:

This is a statement that if I can verify, I will have my mind put at ease. I think this is so much more important than matters such as perseverance of the saints, free will, rapture, etc. My opposing view of the statement would seem to put me in a camp outside of faith, which is disturbing to say the least.

(Heb 10:9; also 7:18, 19; 8:7, 8; 2Co 3:11; Eph 2:15; Col 2:14; Gal 3:24, 25).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,429
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

Just want to say @WordSword your signature gets 5 stars!

"The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, or our trying to be Christ-like, nor is it Christ giving us the power to live a life like His; but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ." - MJS

So who is MJS?

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Just want to say @WordSword your signature gets 5 stars!

"The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, or our trying to be Christ-like, nor is it Christ giving us the power to live a life like His; but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ." - MJS

So who is MJS?

I'm happy you asked. He is the one who gleaned all of the Plymouth Brethren writings (circa 1600-1900) from England. They are centered in spiritual growth and are unique and fundamental Bible doctrines.

Miles J Stanford put together a daily devotional which contains the base teachings of these spiritual doctrines I share (Non But The Hungry Heart book).

You're the first one in years that realized the significance of that signature. It's refreshing to encounter another on that understands how this works. Christ can be mimicked but not duplicated because only He can do what He does, and He does it using us, like a glove in the hand. He the hand and we the glove. All through the Holy Spirit of course because He is in heaven with His Father and God.

Sample of this devotional for today 12-2

“The believer, having received ‘the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus,’ comes under the influence of the ‘law’ of that Spirit (Rom. 8:2). The operating principle of ‘the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus’ ever works in the direction of profound self-judgment, and of the consciousness that we have in the Lord Jesus not only righteousness, but a divine Source of satisfaction and strength.

“This ‘law’ operates not to give a sense of claim (law), but of divine gift (grace) and resource and support. And thus it makes the one in whom it operates free from ‘the law of sin and death.’ It gives the consciousness that divine goodness is an unfailing resource for our hearts, and that all the treasures of that goodness are stored up in Christ Jesus, that we may learn them there, and find the life of our spirits in the growing knowledge of Him.” -C.A.C.

http://www.abideabove.com/hungry-heart/

God's blessings to your Family!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

On 12/2/2022 at 4:59 PM, WordSword said:

(Heb 10:9; also 7:18, 19; 8:7, 8; 2Co 3:11; Eph 2:15; Col 2:14; Gal 3:24, 25).

Thank you for listing these for me. Since you have placed the onus upon me to research why you listed them, I will do my best.

Are all of these verses not specifically condemning  an idea that "obedience" would justify a person of sin? That is a universal principle for Israel (then and now) as well as everyone else today.

There was a reminder of sin every year at Yom Kippurim. The holy convocations that pointed to the death of Yeshua did not justify them the people. However, the faith that they had as affirmed by the shema and shamar and performance of the actions was a faith that justified them. It was not the action, but the faith that justified them.

Yom Kippurim was symbolically carried out at Pesach in the year of Yeshua's death. However, I think it is still important that we shema and shamar the instructions today. If the example of Yom Kippurim was only for Israel to shema and shamar, then is the Abrahamic covenant worth anything to anyone else?

I don't want to go on and on, but another point that sticks with me is that the covenant quoted in Heb 10:16 does not seem to be fulfilled. For, if His law has indeed been written upon our minds and hearts, why is there any disagreement over His law among believers? One would have to conclude that anyone who disagrees is not justified and has not had them written upon their own minds/hearts.

Again, please accept my sincerest thanks and be blessed.

Edited by NickyLouse

5 hours ago, NickyLouse said:

Thank you for listing these for me. Since you have placed the onus upon me to research why you listed them, I will do my best.

Are all of these verses not specifically condemning  an idea that "obedience" would justify a person of sin? That is a universal principle for Israel (then and now) as well as everyone else today.

The Jews were only forgiven via the priestly sin sacrifices (Num 15:25). Same for Christians now, via the High Priest, the Lord Jesus "once for all" (Heb 10:10). No amount of obedience can expiate sin, only Christ can. Obedience just shows we love God and thank Him for salvation.

1 hour ago, WordSword said:

The Jews were only forgiven via the priestly sin sacrifices (Num 15:25). Same for Christians now, via the High Priest, the Lord Jesus "once for all" (Heb 10:10). No amount of obedience can expiate sin, only Christ can. Obedience just shows we love God and thank Him for salvation.

I do not think I will be convinced by that argument. It is my understanding the olah korban is an ascent approach unto God. The ascent approach is not an appeasement that forgives sin. The faith that is merely exhibited in that ascent approach is what justified and provided forgiveness. 

The obedience of the priest was not what covered the sin. It was the priest’s faith in Yeshua to one day show that it takes the blood of Himself to cover sin. It is a subtle but imperative difference. 

1 hour ago, NickyLouse said:

I do not think I will be convinced by that argument. It is my understanding the olah korban is an ascent approach unto God. The ascent approach is not an appeasement that forgives sin. The faith that is merely exhibited in that ascent approach is what justified and provided forgiveness. 

The obedience of the priest was not what covered the sin. It was the priest’s faith in Yeshua to one day show that it takes the blood of Himself to cover sin. It is a subtle but imperative difference. 

It was the obedience of the high priest performing the sin sacrifice that the people were forgiven. You need to look at the Scriptures I present.

30 minutes ago, WordSword said:

It was the obedience of the high priest performing the sin sacrifice that the people were forgiven. You need to look at the Scriptures I present.

Well, anyway, I think we are splitting hairs about whether it is faith alone or an act of faith that justifies. It does not seem to be addressing how the “entire law” has been replaced. 

I think it is still important that we shema and shamar the instructions today. 

Edited by NickyLouse

5 minutes ago, NickyLouse said:

Well, anyway, I think we are splitting hairs about whether it is faith alone or an act of faith that justifies. It does not seem to be addressing how the “entire law” has been replaced. 

The word "justified" has two meanings: to make one righteous (which only Jesus can do); or to show one is righteous. Thus, here in James is "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified" (Jas 2:24), i.e. you see how by works your faith is shown.