• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

EDITED TO ADD:  I wanted to also say that I don't feel it's over yet.  What's been in my spirit for the last two weeks is still there.

Keith - that is so true!

That is exactly what these intercessors were given!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with you nebula and Keith...the church has gone down the road of compromise long enough.It is time to repent and start obeying the One who saved us.

"15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Rev 3

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Even so........everytime ANYTHING goes wrong.......God gets the blame.

If I was God, I'd be so sad......that all my creation were blaming me for an incident....

I think we blame God to much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think of it as blaming God. He said it would come. It came. It is a fulfillment of prophecy, not particularly N.O., but as a sign of End Times, and God promised that he was going to destroy 2/3 of the earth, so should we be surprised when we see all these things happening? America has been blessed for a very long time. We have not had to endure what many nations have had to endure. We are a spoiled people. God's people have forsaken their first love and are turning to the things of the world. God needs to do some shaking of this nation to get us to our knees before he returns.

So much good is coming out of this, too. Our apartment community owner is housing three families here from N.O. and is giving them rent free for six mos. But, they have nothing. We met one couple yesterday from N.O. and some things had been donated to them, but their house in N.O. is gone. It is all under water. Everything they have ever owned is gone. But, they are praising the Lord. They know that God brought them here for a reason. God just moved us here two weeks ago and now we are in a place where we can help these families. And, I have a feeling that we will be blessed by them more than they will be blessed by us.

So, I don't "blame" God. I see this as divine providence and that God is dispersing these people all over the country for a reason and perhaps it is to help us get ready; for us to become less materialistic and for us to thank the Lord for everything he has allotted to us and to be ready to lose it all for him when the time comes for our part of the country to be faced with a disaster of any kind.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

No.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

It's very obvious that God is moving across our lands and that this is all prophetic in nature. There is so much unity in our community at the moment as a direct result of Katrina. I'm only curious how long it will last before man's nature takes back over....this is something I plan to fight with all of my might in our community as it is the desire of our church to network with other churches in our area and work together for the glory of the Father.

I read in another thread about the 7.7 magnitude earthquake in New Ireland, Paupau New Guinea on Friday and I am in awe as to the ever increasing force that our planet is being brutalized. I am left with this verse on my heart:

Romans 1:15-21

"So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they (we) are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."

We must all humble ourselves before the power of the Almighty. We must realize that God is in control....not just partial control....or that He wound up the world and turned it loose....but that He is in full control and that there are no random events.....there are no accidents or freaks of nature....no bad luck....no good luck....no bad charma....or misfortunes....but that everything in heaven and on Earth and all events in heaven and on Earth only serve to glorify the Father...even those things that first appear to man to work against the Father can only further His purpose and demonstrate His glory....whether man sees it or not.

God is glorified through death just as easily as He is glorified through life, for He is the master over death. As repenting believers in faith, we are not to fear death but we are commanded to "be not troubled" by these events which we witness...the ever increasing "birthing pains" of this world. Being born again into a new spirit, we are not of this world and the fate of this world is not our fate. But we are to follow the commands of our Lord and Savior to love our neighbors as our own...even our enemies are we to love with the unconditional agape love of Christ.

I pray for the Jewish people, I pray for the palestinians and for all of mankind that the veil may be lifted from our eyes and that we may see the shikana glory of our Holy Father revealed to us on earth as our Messiah, Savior and King's glorious return approaches.

In Jesus name I pray, amen.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

We as Christians need to be very careful on how we discus the topic of God's wrath and judgement.

We are to spread the Word with love and compassion and truth. We shouldn't go around saying "I told you so" or that "God has judged you as evil and thus destroyed your city."

That is the last thing these people need to hear.

Talking like that will only put a stumbling block in front of them and cause them to hate the God we love.

They don't need to be preached AT or have Bible verses thrown out at them.

They need to be told that God loves them and wants them to follow the example of Jesus on how to live.

They need comfort and reassurance not judgement and condemnation.

They need the basic necessities of life and some security in their lives.

Please realize how damaging your words can be.

Verbally attacking a president and a nation and blaming them for all the death and destruction around the world, only breeds anger and resentment.

It portrays Christians in a negative way and causes non-christians to want nothing to do with Jesus.

You believe what you want about people and nations but to go around condemming people in God's name is very detrimental to your testimony.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Not heeding the call to repentance is dangerous, too.

That's all we are really after.

Can't you understnad this? :o

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Using natural disasters to SCARE people into repentence isn't going to work. You can't make people believe by telling them that God has judged them evil and that's why their house got flooded and neighbors drowned.

Preech repentence all you want to, I do it myself but don't use a natural disaster to make your point. It's not what these people need to hear.

Can you not understand this?

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

People need to understand why they need a Savior. Repentance is key. It's the purpose of the Law, to bring the knowledge of sin. How can people repent if they don

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

Using natural disasters to SCARE people into repentence isn't going to work.  You can't make people believe by telling them that God has judged them evil and that's why their house got flooded and neighbors drowned.

Preech repentence all you want to, I do it myself but don't use a natural disaster to make your point.  It's not what these people need to hear.

Can you not understand this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But God is a giver and a taker. He is God of love...and of wrath. Whenever His glory is present, fear comes over men. When His glory appeared in the holy of holies, fear came over those standing outside when the preist came out alive and proclaimed God's presence (assuming he wasn't struck dead instantly for failing to do everything he was supposed to do...I'd say he most certainly feared the Lord as well).

When God's presence appeared with the Holy Spirit in the upper room and the Apostles began to perform signs and miracles that glorified God....fear came over men.

So we have two examples...both old and new testament....where when God's presence entered the midst of men, men were struck with fear.

We should all have the fear of God. We should all be scared and repent. It's not that anyone is trying to judge anyone else....or be mean...it's that we are all subject to His wrath if we fail His judgement. The only way we can escape the wrath of His judgement is through Christ.....not through idle words from our lips....or through good works.....but by repentance through Christ...and that requires a change in our minds/hearts....a change that we ourselves cannot make happen....as was proven to Peter when he denied Christ three times despite his insistance to the contrary...despite his walk with Christ...we must be open to His Spirit for that change to take place.