• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I have not said that we should not preach repentence.

I think we should, but to single out America or New Orleans and say that they were more evil then the rest of the world and that is why they were sent a hurricane by God, is not going to convince them to repent.

We can't point fingers, we are ALL deserving of judgement.

But for the grace of God go I

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Repentance is key.

YES! Tim,

That's exactly what I was trying to get across.

Am I speaking in Chinese?

Try going up to a mother whose baby drowned in the hurricane and tell her to repent because God has judged her city evil and worthy of destruction.

Oh yeah! That will win another one over to Christ.

Don't forget to duck and cover.

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I don't think anyone is arguing that we need to preach repentance Keith- We NEED to be preaching that in fact and any God fearing Christian would ( better ) believe that.  I think the argument lies in the issue of scaring people with a "wrath of God" stance.  "You lost your home because you are evil" - well, that's easy to say from Minnesota, but if you are a God fearing Christian from New Orleans or Mississippi, you might have a different view  :o

Be blessed my brother,

Tim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never said to anyone, "You lost your home because you are evil." To say that those who feel Katrina is a judgment (for whatever reason: New Orlean's wickedness, US involvement with Gaza pullout, end times event, etc.,) from God are saying that is not a fair or correct statement. Yes, there are cuckoos who take things overboard and say things like that, but I don't think anyone here has said that. At least not that I've seen.

I understand that these people need to be shown love and encouragement. I'm all for it! But, sheltering them from knowing the truth doesn't help them either.

As for your last statement, I understand where you're coming from. I'm not taking your post as an attack or anything even close to it. ;) But, as for me, had something this tragic happened in Minnesota, I know that I would be spreading the need for repentance. Probably even more strongly.

I think the wires of communication are being crossed in this thread. Nebula, myself, (and others with our views) are NOT trying to callously condemning the victims of Katrina with our words and say they are doomed for hell. We are saying that there is a message in all of this. Not just for them, but for all Christians and all of America. It's that God is calling us to repent. We are not saying that America is worse than any other country in the world. We are saying that God has chosen to deal with America on some level right now and ignoring that is foolishness.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

As for your last statement, I understand where you're coming from.  I'm not taking your post as an attack or anything even close to it.  :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad to hear that- because it definitely wasn't meant as an attack :o

I think the wires of communication are being crossed in this thread.  Nebula, myself, (and others with our views) are NOT trying to callously condemning the victims of Katrina with our words and say they are doomed for hell.  We are saying that there is a message in all of this.  Not just for them, but for all Christians and all of America.  It's that God is calling us to repent.  We are not saying that America is worse than any other country in the world.  We are saying that God has chosen to deal with America on some level right now and ignoring that is foolishness.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that's a good possibility :wub: ( the wires of communication are being crossed in this thread )...I know you ( nor anyone ) were(n't) being callous and have never thought so at all. It's hard to understand intent on a message board :o

Be blessed my dear brother :)

Tim

So everytime something bad happens to any of us or any country, it's God "dealing" with them?

So an earthquake in Mexico is God dealing with mexico?

So a forest fire in the amazon is God dealiny with them?

So a volcano that erupts in the ocean is God dealing with the ocean?

So a woman that has a miscarriage, God is dealing with the woman?

I just don't understand why everything that bad happens is God's judgement on us.

I just don't see the God that I love and worship acting like that.

Yes, I know that He took out Soddom and Gamorrah but He allowed the righteous to leave.

I harbour no hard feeling and hope that I have not offended anyone here but I get so frustrated with people equating disaster to God.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I understand that these people need to be shown love and encouragement.  I'm all for it!  But, sheltering them from knowing the truth doesn't help them either. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The truth being that God may have destroyed New Orleans in judgment. The fact is that we don't know. When God judged in the Bible he usually warned people first of the specific judgment, like when He sent Jonah to Ninevah or when kings were told by prophets of specific events that would happen (i.e Nathan to David). Even Sodom and Gomorrah were forewarned when God let Lot know beforehand.

Has anyone come forward to say that God told them to get out of New Orleans? Did anyone prophesy that New Orleans specifically was destined for destruction if it's people didn't repent (assuming that was the reason and not judgment for Israel)? I don't think it is in God's character to pass a judgment and leave His children divided on whether or not it was judgment, and if so what is was judgment for.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Why do missionaries get killed? Why were Christians feed to lions? Why does any bad thing happen? Space Shuttle? 911? Earthquakes? Floods? and the list goes on. If God is going to give a specific punishment, it will be obvious. He will make it clear just as he did in the Bible. There won't be speculation. Anyone who says God told them that he was going to punish America or New Orleans needs to seek professional help. SORRY! It was what it was. A horrible NATURAL disaster. Good Grief!

Dan

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Try going up to a mother whose baby drowned in the hurricane and tell her to repent because God has judged her city evil and worthy of destruction.

Oh yeah!  That will win another one over to Christ.

Don't forget to duck and cover.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are so totally off-base Giaour that I'm done with it. Others have come to understand what it is that I've been saying, whether they agree or not, but you are convinced that I'm some horrible person, cackling in the victim's faces because of their pain. You pick overly-dramatic examples like the one above and don't even try to see what I'm saying. What makes you think I would say that to a woman whose baby drowned? I resent the implication!

By your posts, you are indirectly calling me a liar because you don't believe that God had a single thing to do with the hurricane. That's fine. You don't know me so I can understand the skepticism. But, in my opinion, for you to absolutely deny God's very possible involvement with any of this is dangerous and bordering on ignorance.

Have you not read all of the news stories, dozens of them, with quotes from many of the victims of the hurricane saying that it was God's judgement, God's mercy, or something else involving God? Many are praising God for sparing their lives. What would you say to them? For someone who is sick of all the Hurricane Katrina threads, you spend plenty of time in them.

Forgive me, seriously, for having my little venting session, but your posts are bringing out the frustration in me for all of their assumptions and accusations. I rarely lose my patience. I truly, honestly, have nothing against you. We obviously disagree and that's perfectly fine. I just don't appreciate you making me out to be heartless. No, you never mentioned my name, but you are commenting on my posts/views.