IGNORED

Is it ok to drive to church on a suspended/restricted license?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

City, state, and federal laws are NOT demanding you to renounce your faith and trust in Christ. Without laws, courts and the police to uphold honesty and civility in society, there would be chaos in society as a whole.

The bible teaches us to obey our governments and all who are in authority, for God has put them in place for every one's benefit. The bible teaches that they are there to both serve and protect everybody and God will judge them on how well they do their job. When we obey the laws of the land, we are also obeying God.

Obey government laws, and those in authority, first because you know you should, and second to keep from being punished. The person who is NOT doing wrong, has no need to fear the policeman or those in authority. For if a person is doing wrong, God sends the policeman to have them disciplined.

Sin is any thought, deed, word, or action that goes against God's character and nature. The God who said “you shall not murder” is the same God who said “you shall not desire to have another person's possession”.

As cars were becoming more numerous in the early part of the 1900's, so did automobile accidents. The major cause was lack of driving skills, knowledge of operation, speeding and recklessness that not only injured the occupants of a vehicle, but also innocent parties. Your driver's license then, is to certify, that you, as an automobile owner, has the ability to drive safely and in a courteous manner. This benefits not only you, but those around you as well. Someone else's driver's license doesn't just benefit him or her, but you also.

Laws of the road, were put into place so that everyone drives in a safe and courteous manner. Yes, fines generate revenue for cities and states. However, fines are in place to help facilitate compliance from all. Without them people in general would be disregarding the rules of driving a whole lot more than they already do. Disregard for any and all driving laws is the number one reason for automobile injuries and death.

Just last week in my area, a man plowed into multiple of vehicles, and killed 9 innocent people! And injuring 6 more... You know why? Because he didn't want to obey speed laws... He was pulled over previously for speeding. “officer, I'm not doing anything wrong, go catch a real criminal”. Speeding puts not only you, but everyone else around you at risk. Running red lights puts you and others around you at risk. Failing to use turn signals, when changing lanes puts others at risk.

Your drivers license was NOT revoked for no reason. The courts do not have to allow you to have a “hardship permit”. The permit is a form of mercy so that you are able to meet the really important obligations of life and don't lose your job. The court was being very gracious and merciful to you.

In closing,

Drivers who are caught violating the conditions of their “hardship permit” will usually have it revoked. And in most states, there are no second chances.... meaning the driver can't reapply for another hardship license after losing it.

The question I have to ask you is.... why would you want to risk losing the hardship permit? Don't do it !!! It is not worth the risk.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,240
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

On 2/22/2022 at 1:26 AM, CaptWalker said:

Well i mostly agree about the verses telling us how we should always respect and obey the "authorities" that were put in place for that specific purpose, but at the same time i believe some people are unfairly charged/arrested for things that could have been overlooked, if it weren't for law enforcement out for $$$, but guess someone has to support them?? But i just don't see how someone who is not endangering anyone else could be locked up simply for driving when they are not supposed to, and their car is impounded anyway so why not just let them go and keep the car? And just recently while driving in an area i was not supposed to be at the time, i came across this guy hitchhiking on the highway and ended up giving him a ride, and he was so thankful for it that he called me his "savior" since he had been walking for quite some time. Not sure if it was meant to be but it sure felt good to be able to help someone out in that situation.

And also just keep in mind that back during Revolutionary war days whenever the "revenuers" would come to collect taxes that a lot of them would end up being tarred and feathered. And then there were the hillbillies and moonshiners who had utter disdain for the "law" and still mostly do to this day. But am not at all condoning that kind of attitude, but just saying that some of these traffic "crimes" nowadays are so petty compared to how people disgarded the laws back in those days. But i have had some close calls just trying to go to church so am thinking that God is maybe trying to tell me that He doesn't really have my back even when i think i am doing the right thing? I just wish this big "revival" wasn't so close to where i live, and it just seems like more than some strange coincidence that it's happening at this time?

Do you love the Lord? Are you called according to the blessing? Then remember this: we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose.

When our eyes and heart are fixated upon the cares of this world, then we are overcome with all manner of injustice which has the semblance of evil in these eyes of flesh. We are tempted to wrath... stirred to a certain grumbling and discontent... all of which the children of disobedience freely partake of. 

Let the dead occupy themselves with the affairs of the dead. The Lord was unjustly accused; did He complain? Christ laid down His life for us when we were trespassers; did He refuse on account of our many injustices and evil ways? It pleased God the Father to crush His Son for the sake of many. 

The only thing that matters is our relationship with the Lord, CW. We live by His good pleasure and serve according to His purpose and will. The Lord scourges every son and daughter He receives... so you are undergoing trial. Is this too hard?

It is indeed if we pursue comfort and convenience. Cast everything aside and wait only upon the Lord. Have you been unjustly accused? Then rejoice, for the Lord was unjustly accused first. 

The long and short of my counsel to you: stop looking at everyone else and focus solely upon what the Lord has for you. Are we privy to the hidden things of God? No, because we only know that which the Lord has revealed to us. I am confident that He has revealed abiding by the law and laying your concerns at His feet is the way in which you should go. 

You're blessed beyond measure and are oblivious to that fact. :) 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  441
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Well it may be true that i am blessed in the eyes of God, if for nothing else than the gift of wisdom and discernment He has given me because it certainly was nothing i got on my own. But i have never been blessed in a monetary sense, and the most i have ever made in a year is well below average and most menial laborers make as much or more. But i do believe i am blessed with all the mercy and provision God has given me and keeping certain bad things from happening that easily could have. And i try my best to not look at those things around me but i just can't help but notice it, and all the injustice in the world.

But I have always had a live and let live attitude, but when i am minding my own business and someone starts messing with me then that's where i draw the line, and that includes law enforcement. I just don't think being given a ticket for an expired tag falls under the category of "to protect and serve", simply because my car would not pass emissions even after almost $300 in repairs. Or getting a ticket in the mail for doing 45 in a 30mph school zone when a camera had taken a pic of my license plate, and this was when students were not even present. So no i do not rejoice at annoying inconveniences such as that, especially when i still owe $90 a month in probation fees and have to take a DUI course costing about $365. I know it is supposed to be a deterrent but people still drink and drive even after going through all that. And just imagine what would happen if there were no more drunk drivers and no one paying all those fees, what would happen to the "system" without all that money?? Probably a lot more unemployed police, or reduced wages. No wonder the cops who arrested me for DUI were smiling and joking with each other.

So why should i or anyone rejoice over having to pay something that you can barely afford, and can't even pay your minimum credit card amount due monthly? That is not persecution, just the way our "system" makes money off of us, period. But i do get the point about trusting in God regardless to deliver us from the ways of the world. And if gaining eternal life is the only thing i have then i am most blessed indeed...but as far as i can see it is just about all i have at this point.

• Oy Vey! 1

4 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

getting a ticket in the mail for doing 45 in a 30mph school zone

live and let live attitude

No wonder the cops who arrested me for DUI

You are the one who asked our opinions. And now your upset because we didn't tell you what you wanted to hear.

No Christian should ever condone law breaking, no matter how minor. There is NO scripture that gives this a pass. Scripture says.... it is a serious matter to even tempt another person to sin. Let alone tell someone its ok to sin in any way they like at any time, for any reason.

• Well Said! 2

I'm not really sure what you mean since who said i was upset? I am long over that since this happened almost 2 years ago, but it is still a great inconvenience for me. I was only pointing out some of the things that have happened since then that have caused me more problems, but am not saying i am not to blame. And there have been a few times where the police actually overlooked it and let it go. So i am very thankful for that and give credit to those officers for using their own judgement and giving me a break. And one of them even told me that is was the individual officers discretion whether or not to write a ticket, so i'm assuming this is normal procedure for some minor offences? 

And furthermore i am always open to anyone's advice or opinions and any grievances i may have are not directed at anyone for trying to help or else i would have called them out by name or quoted them. Maybe i just come off the wrong way when it sounds like i'm complaining but am really just getting some things off my chest since no one else i know seems to even want to hear about it or just makes light of it. And i guess i am taken aback a little bit by some of these comments since no one as of yet had actually told me i shouldn't really be driving(at least in person) but just not as much. But again i thank anyone for their advice and i do take it all seriously, it's just that right now i'm having some problems taking my own life that seriously, but all i can do is pray.

Godspeed-

Edited by CaptWalker
  • Praying! 1

1 hour ago, CaptWalker said:

so i'm assuming this is normal procedure for some minor offences? 

Getting a speeding ticket in a school zone, is NOT a minor offense. And neither is a dui.  And if a vehicle does not pass a smog test, it is not supposed to be driven till the problem is fixed, especially if your plates expired before the vehicle could pass the smog test.  It is the law. And ALL are expected to abide by it.

When tags expire before passing a smog test, one only need to go to dmv and obtain a temporary tag, so that you can drive it legally to a smog check. And if it still doesn't pass, and has been in the shop for repairs, all that needed to be done was show dmv that the vehicle was in the shop (receipt from repair shop) and they will give you an extension so that you could get it smog checked after repairs. Once the vehicle passes smog, get the tags updated.

1 hour ago, CaptWalker said:

And i guess i am taken aback a little bit by some of these comments since no one as of yet had actually told me i shouldn't really be driving(at least in person)

Hardship permits are common knowledge.  As for people in person telling you not to drive. They likely feel they should not have to tell you what all of us told you online, and don't feel it is their place to tell you what to do or not do. Your an adult.

For most people, having someone walk up to them whether the person is a friend or not,  in person to tell them what they already know is wrong or illegal..... the information given is unwanted and unappreciated. When a person asks for an opinion, the answer becomes advice.... when an answer is unsolicited, it is then considered unwanted criticism even if it is constructive criticism, it is still unwanted criticism and the receiver of the advice is not likely to heed the speaker anyway.

As some have already said, there are alternatives available to you.  Take advantage of the alternatives, instead of risking the possibility of losing your driving privilege altogether.  

• Well Said! 1

Point taken...and i will definitely take it into consideration as i already have, and of course pray about it...and whatever God tells me is the right or wrong decision, that is what i will either choose to do or not, period.

Edited by CaptWalker

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

To me that is even worse. Because we are supposed to respect and allow authorities to lead us as Paul says in Romans 13. This means that we should obey all that ask us something as long as it is in sin and in this case helps others and keeps more people safe.