• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,877
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

That kind of eisegesis is probably not a very good way of interpreting scripture.    We should not worship our ability to reason.

Yeah throwing away the mind is exactly the ticket especially when God used written material to discern His Way, Truth and Life... not even taking into account what His Word says

Isaiah 1:18 (KJV)

[18] Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  811
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

48 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

That kind of eisegesis is probably not a very good way of interpreting scripture.    We should not worship our ability to reason.

Our ability to reason is what leads us to know that God is real.  If I didn't know that it was impossible for the sun to stand still in the sky for a day, how would I recognize that as a miracle?  If I didn't believe that Jesus was the son of God, why would I put credence in the things He taught?  I believe in the six day creation not because it makes scientific sense, but because God Himself affirmed it in the 10 Commandments.  I know that the resurrection of Jesus Christ is true because I have experienced His presence.

Miracles are God's way of reminding us that He, not the laws of physics. remains the ultimate authority in the universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,178
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

5 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

Our ability to reason is what leads us to know that God is real.

No.  Faith does that.   Making up stories about what one thinks of scripture is just making up stories.

Take it the way it's written, not the way someone tried to make it mean something else.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,988
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 4/12/2022 at 8:10 PM, enoob57 said:

no it doesn't

Genesis 1:5 (KJV)

[5] And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

evening and morning have always been evening and morning!

Exodus 20:8 (KJV)

[8] Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

[9] Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

[10] But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

[11] For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

a comparative of a natural week is equal to the week God created... Yom is clearly defined by God unless you twist it then it says what you are saying!

That seems would imply in heaven there are 24 hour days, in the beginning there was nothing but voidness. No sun to gauge time.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

36 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

That seems would imply in heaven there are 24 hour days, in the beginning there was nothing but voidness. No sun to gauge time.

So your estimation of God is that when he patterned the day clearly here
Genesis 1:14-19 (KJV)

[14] And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

[15] And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

[16] And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

[17] And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

[18] And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

[19] And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
He wasn't able to previous of this? Or better forth day he completed His pattern in the heavens the 24 hour period He couldn't judge 24 hour period before? Really what you are saying that God is dependent upon the created things! Seeing how He existed previous of all created matter eternally that would be ridiculous...

5 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

So your estimation of God is that when he patterned the day clearly here
Genesis 1:14 (KJV)

[14] And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

[15] And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

[16] And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

[17] And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

[18] And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

He wasn't able to previous of this? Or better forth day he completed His pattern in the heavens the 24 hour period He couldn't judge 24 hour period before? Really what you are saying that God is dependent upon the created things! Seeing how He existed previous of all created matter eternally that would be ridiculous...

Those lights we can see today they do put off light and shines on earth but not enough to support life. They have never had that much power they are too far away.

No ones knows how fast the earth was spinning if at all in the beginning 

Is there any scripture that says how to create a sundial or was that an invention of man.

Edited by BeyondET

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

24 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Those lights we can see today they do put off light and shines on earth but not enough to support life. They have never had that much power they are too far away.

No ones knows how fast the earth was spinning if at all in the beginning 

2 Timothy 4:3

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

We are living in the time of apostasy and I sure am seeing a lot of it on Worthy including this post.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

2 Timothy 4:3

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

We are living in the time of apostasy and I sure am seeing a lot of it on Worthy including this post.

What are you implying to me with the verse? I surely haven't heaped up a teacher. I'm the only one this planet to mention the things I do.

That's an example of false religions

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

When our Lord says clearly what a day (yom) is and I mean clearly

Genesis 1:14 (KJV)

and by comparative speaking 

Exodus 20:8 (KJV)

[8] Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

[9] Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

[10] But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

[11] For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

it is with no doubt by The Scripture itself what God means in Genesis... so those who do not agree with this have, for whatever motives, left the literal interpretive means of the objective source of God's Word and gone on to other~ this I interpret a lack for respect of the written Word... and whether evolutionary science or I feel I think they depart from the written text -which also says

John 12:48 (KJV)

[48] He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.