• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, George said:

Shalom everyone,

I posted up several topics on "tests" to help us understand as a body that we are undergoing a TEST in every way.  But in each of these tests, it's designed to TEST OUR RESPONSE!

Jer 17:10  “I the LORD search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.” 

1Th 2:4  but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts. 

As I travel across the country (I've travelled 75,000 miles along with my wife and family in the midst of this pandemic), I've seen how people are divided on the issue of COVID.  

Personally, I see the testing of the hearts ... as people become hardened to life around them.  We're seeing the skyrocketing rates of suicide and mental health issues, not to mention the affects taking place on the kids of this generation.

But we've been entrusted with the GOSPEL ... we've been given a task to share the good news!  Until you realize that every day is a TEST ... of course, you'll bomb!  Remember the instructions given to Joshua ... CHOOSE THIS DAY whom you shall serve ...

Each day is a TEST of YOUR HEART ... what COVID did, was EXPOSED the heart of believers!

A choice is a decision ... to the test that we face daily!

BUT THIS SERIES OF QUIZZES, TESTS, and OUR FINAL EXAM is an OPEN BOOK TEST!

Most people bomb the test ... because they don't realize they are being TESTED.  But if you were given the ANSWERS, why shouldn't we ACE the TEST?

You can ace the knowledge of all things, and bomb the REAL TEST that we face ... the TESTING OF OUR HEARTS!

Until next time ... KEEP LOOKING UP!

Deuteronomy 8:2 (NASB)
2  "You shall remember all the way which the LORD your God has led you in the wilderness these forty years, that He might humble you, testing you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.

The scriptures teach us that God had a reason for testing Israel. It was to:

1. Humble them

2. To see what was in their heart

3. And to see if they would obey Him

And in James we read that there are great opportunities for growth through testing.

James 1:2-4 (NASB)
2  Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,
3  knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
4  And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

When God is testing us, it means He has something in store for us. He will use these times of testing to build more endurance in us, to mature us, to develop more Christlike character in us, and to work out the defects in us. This is why I see testing as an opportunity, instead of life going sour.

Gary

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,099
  • Content Per Day:  2.54
  • Days Won:  5

38 minutes ago, bropro said:

Deuteronomy 8:2 (NASB)
2  "You shall remember all the way which the LORD your God has led you in the wilderness these forty years, that He might humble you, testing you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.

The scriptures teach us that God had a reason for testing Israel. It was to:

1. Humble them

2. To see what was in their heart

3. And to see if they would obey Him

And in James we read that there are great opportunities for growth through testing.

James 1:2-4 (NASB)
2  Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,
3  knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
4  And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

When God is testing us, it means He has something in store for us. He will use these times of testing to build more endurance in us, to mature us, to develop more Christlike character in us, and to work out the defects in us. This is why I see testing as an opportunity, instead of life going sour.

Gary

GIFs-2022311112839.gif