IGNORED

Who is Israel? And what is God's plan for the Jewish people?

George

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I should add, while the majority do not see Jesus as their Messiah ... it's a prophetic picture of Joseph!  Joseph sold off to Egypt ... and when his brothers came to see him, they could not recognize Him!  But when He revealed himself to his brothers ... they wept!  The family was healed .. despite what they had done to Joseph!

The same way, Jesus is hidden to the Jewish people because somehow Jesus is not Jewish according to many Christians!  We celebrate Christmas and Easter ... things that Jesus never celebrated!   At the same time, many Christians do not understand that the FEASTS are all about Jesus ... what He did, what He is doing, and what is coming!  All the feasts are about a deeper relationship with God!  The FEASTS are not Jewish feasts ... they are Biblical feasts to show us how much God loves us ... for Jesus is truly the Passover lamb that was prepared before the foundation of the world!

As Christians realize how significant the feasts are ... the understanding of God's covenantal relationship with the Jewish people ... the need for their salvation ... and then developing the same intense desire for their salvation ... this is how the Jewish people will realize just how Jewish Jesus truly was!  When the veil comes off this "Egyptian Joseph" and the revelation of the "Jewish Joseph" it will create a deep mourning in the Jewish people and the FAMILY will be REUNITED!

Some people think that this is NOT GOD's DESIRE ... some people think God is done with the Jewish people ... how foolish one would be to believe such things!  God sent His SON for ALL PEOPLE ... and if you don't have a deep desire for the salvation of everyone ... one must check their own heart as to why that is!  Because that is NOT the heart of God!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, George said:

If you are careful in reading, you'll realize that those who left Egypt were a MIXED MULTITUDE!  In Esther, those who saw God's deliverance ... JOINED themselves to the Jews!  Ruth, a Moabite, joined herself to Israel and her faithfulness was rewarded as she is the grandmother of David.

The thing that is common and what made someone a Jew was the belief in God ... specifically the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.  In that context, there has been from the foundation of Abraham's faith a belief in the Messiah!

John 8:57-58  So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”  Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” 

To understand Abraham's covenant one must study the theophany of Jesus appearance before Abraham!

But George, the mixed multiude were not heirs of the land. They were not Israel. The carnal commandment to be an heir of that land was in the circumcision done by hand. Gentiles were excluded.  

1 hour ago, George said:

So that the promises given to Abraham, Issac, and Jacob will be completely fulfilled in the REGENERATION as the Scriptures say in Genesis 17.

Gen 17:5-8  No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham, for I have made you the father of a multitude of nations.  I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make you into nations, and kings shall come from you.  And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your offspring after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring after you.  And I will give to you and to your offspring after you the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession, and I will be their God.” 

Again he says in Genesis 35,

Genesis 35:11-12  And God said to him, “I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply. A nation and a company of nations shall come from you, and kings shall come from your own body.  The land that I gave to Abraham and Isaac I will give to you, and I will give the land to your offspring after you.” 

So that Gentiles through the MESSIAH are inheriting a land ... in ISRAEL when the Lord returns to fulfill the covenantal promises given to Abraham, and Jacob that Kings and Nations shall come out of thee to inherit the land!

Now as we are part of the promises of God given ... how much more so, should we pray for the Jewish people that have not yet found their Messiah?  This is why Paul says in Romans 11 ... 11:28-29  As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers.  For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 

And to conclude ... when we enter the 8th millennium and the New Jerusalem comes, going back to Matthew 19:28, when God told the Apostles, you shall reign over the 12 tribes of Israel ... in the future it says in Revelation 21:14, "And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb." 

• Steward

19 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

But George, the mixed multiude were not heirs of the land. They were not Israel.

Actually ... if you study out the picture of Jew and Gentile conquering the land of Israel in Numbers, you'd be amazed.

Joshua and Caleb were the 2 of the 12 spies to spy out the land.

Caleb came back ...

Numbers 13:30  But Caleb quieted the people before Moses and said, “Let us go up at once and occupy it, for we are well able to overcome it.”

Caleb was a part of the mixed multitude that came out of Egypt.

Joshua 14:6  Then the people of Judah came to Joshua at Gilgal. And Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite said to him, “You know what the LORD said to Moses the man of God in Kadesh-barnea concerning you and me.

Later Joshua gave Caleb his inheritance ...

Jos_14:13  Then Joshua blessed him, and he gave Hebron to Caleb the son of Jephunneh for an inheritance.

Just pointing out some things you may not be aware of.  :)

59 minutes ago, George said:

I should add, while the majority do not see Jesus as their Messiah ... it's a prophetic picture of Joseph!  Joseph sold off to Egypt ... and when his brothers came to see him, they could not recognize Him!  But when He revealed himself to his brothers ... they wept!  The family was healed .. despite what they had done to Joseph!

The same way, Jesus is hidden to the Jewish people because somehow Jesus is not Jewish according to many Christians!  We celebrate Christmas and Easter ... things that Jesus never celebrated!   At the same time, many Christians do not understand that the FEASTS are all about Jesus ... what He did, what He is doing, and what is coming!  All the feasts are about a deeper relationship with God!  The FEASTS are not Jewish feasts ... they are Biblical feasts to show us how much God loves us ... for Jesus is truly the Passover lamb that was prepared before the foundation of the world!

As Christians realize how significant the feasts are ... the understanding of God's covenantal relationship with the Jewish people ... the need for their salvation ... and then developing the same intense desire for their salvation ... this is how the Jewish people will realize just how Jewish Jesus truly was!  When the veil comes off this "Egyptian Joseph" and the revelation of the "Jewish Joseph" it will create a deep mourning in the Jewish people and the FAMILY will be REUNITED!

Some people think that this is NOT GOD's DESIRE ... some people think God is done with the Jewish people ... how foolish one would be to believe such things!  God sent His SON for ALL PEOPLE ... and if you don't have a deep desire for the salvation of everyone ... one must check their own heart as to why that is!  Because that is NOT the heart of God!

The name put on the ABRAHAMIC festivals by the early church is Pascha and other forms of the same in latin. Easter as far as anyone can tell Easter which is English originated from the german OSTERN meaning "dawn", or early morning. Which is to say,  the Church as it existed as Catholic was one Church with Patriarchs forming the councils etc. Not a one was either a German Patriarch, nor an Englishman. 

Who are these Christians which say Jesus is not Jewish? Now we know the new Sanhedrin put in authority of religion over all Jews, did reject their own as Jew's if they believed in Christ. In order to attend synagogue, they had to pronounce a curse on themselves. Christianity was Illegal in the Empire. Therefore lost their exemption from Idol's and Idolatry. Not only did Jew's loose this, but any Gentiles they converted to God lost it as well.

Those feasts which WE the Church keep, are Abrahamic. For when God brought them out of Egypt, it was to fulfill the promises made in covenant with their fathers. That is why circumcision was the Statute to memorialize the events of fulfillment. The Eucharist is our passover/Pascha. A memorial of the fulfillment of the promise made to OUR FATHER ABRAHAM

Edited by Anne2

12 minutes ago, George said:

Actually ... if you study out the picture of Jew and Gentile conquering the land of Israel in Numbers, you'd be amazed.

Joshua and Caleb were the 2 of the 12 spies to spy out the land.

Caleb came back ...

Numbers 13:30  But Caleb quieted the people before Moses and said, “Let us go up at once and occupy it, for we are well able to overcome it.”

Caleb was a part of the mixed multitude that came out of Egypt.

Joshua 14:6  Then the people of Judah came to Joshua at Gilgal. And Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite said to him, “You know what the LORD said to Moses the man of God in Kadesh-barnea concerning you and me.

Later Joshua gave Caleb his inheritance ...

Jos_14:13  Then Joshua blessed him, and he gave Hebron to Caleb the son of Jephunneh for an inheritance.

Just pointing out some things you may not be aware of.  :)

Caleb must have been circumcised to inherit the land. He was accounted to the tribe of Judah into which tribe he was received.

• Steward

2 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

That is why circumcision was the Statute to memorialize the events of fulfillment.

Circumcision is a unique picture of salvation.

Joshua 4:19  The people came up out of the Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and they encamped at Gilgal on the east border of Jericho. 

When the Jewish people ENTERED the promised land ... it was the SAME DAY they had to choose their Passover lamb, inspect it, ... the 10th of Nissan!

Joshua 5:2  At that time the LORD said to Joshua, “Make flint knives and circumcise the sons of Israel a second time.” 

The same day ... they were circumcised a 2nd time ... a picture of spiritual circumcision that one makes when they choose their Passover lamb ... a picture of choosing Yeshua (Jesus) as their passover lamb ... one becomes circumcised in the heart!

And so they celebrated the Passover on the 14th day ...

Joshua 5:10  While the people of Israel were encamped at Gilgal, they kept the Passover on the fourteenth day of the month in the evening on the plains of Jericho. 

Be blessed!  :)

• Steward

Just now, Anne2 said:

Caleb must have been circumcised to inherit the land. He was accounted to the tribe of Judah into which tribe he was received.

True the Bible says they were before they entered the land!

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, George said:

Circumcision is a unique picture of salvation.

Joshua 4:19  The people came up out of the Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and they encamped at Gilgal on the east border of Jericho. 

When the Jewish people ENTERED the promised land ... it was the SAME DAY they had to choose their Passover lamb, inspect it, ... the 10th of Nissan!

Joshua 5:2  At that time the LORD said to Joshua, “Make flint knives and circumcise the sons of Israel a second time.” 

The same day ... they were circumcised a 2nd time ... a picture of spiritual circumcision that one makes when they choose their Passover lamb ... a picture of choosing Yeshua (Jesus) as their passover lamb ... one becomes circumcised in the heart!

And so they celebrated the Passover on the 14th day ...

Joshua 5:10  While the people of Israel were encamped at Gilgal, they kept the Passover on the fourteenth day of the month in the evening on the plains of Jericho. 

Be blessed!  :)

I like the above concerning Joshua George. But here is the deal IMO.

Circumcision in the foreskin of the flesh/ done by men's hands was a requirement of Moses law. No Gentile could be an heir of it. Jew's inherited it, and were in that land and in the time of Christ and are so now again some in that land. That land is distinct from the land promised Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in Genesis 17. The uncircumcised are heirs, as well as the circumcised together. see Acts 7 for this....

Acts 7: 2  And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,
3  And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.
4  Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.
5  And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.

Read the covenant of Genesis 15 made with ABRAM. It is to the 4th generation of his seed. 

ABRAM, Isaac, jacob, and the twelve patriarchs are going to all be dead in this covenant promise of land. Not once in the terms of the covenant of Genesis 15 is the land promised to anyone but his seed.

13  And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;
14  And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
15  And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.
16  But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.
17  And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces. {a burning … : Heb. a lamp of fire }
18  In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
19  The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,
20  And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,

God gave no land to ABRAM in that covenant, nor to Isaac, to Jacob.

It is simply not there... And this land and inheritance requires the circumcision done by men's hands to have both a place of inheritance, as well as a Messianic mediator according to the order of Aaron. 

Edited by Anne2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

On 4/1/2022 at 1:17 AM, George said:

Genesis 35:11-12  And God said to him, “I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply. A nation and a company of nations shall come from you, and kings shall come from your own body.  The land that I gave to Abraham and Isaac I will give to you, and I will give the land to your offspring after you.” 

So that Gentiles through the MESSIAH are inheriting a land ... in ISRAEL when the Lord returns to fulfill the covenantal promises given to Abraham, and Jacob that Kings and Nations shall come out of thee to inherit the land!

You wrote a lot so I focused on a specific item, namely this passage of scripture you quoted.  So you are saying that this passage refers to Gentiles as opposed to Jacob's physical seed?  Yet, earlier you were claiming we are joined to the blessings of Israel  (that which was promised to a physical seed) and yet Gentiles who are not related are the actual ones to inherit this birthright? Is that what I am hearing here?  Or what do you mean?