• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Of course they would blame him.....  he's the president and Harry informed us that the buck stopped there.... :taped:  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UGH! NOT AGAIN!

:thumbsup:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I've been thinking a lot about this post over the past day and being pre-med, I may have to deal with this one day. Doctors take what's called the "Hippocratic Oath" where they affirm that they will "first- do no harm". To me, that's subjective to a situation. If I were treating a terminally ill patient in intense agony, what would be doing more harm ? To let them suffer intense pain and add perhaps a day or two to their life or at least make them comfortable in their dying hours ? See- I'd choose the latter of the two and NOT consider it Euthanasia...It wouldn't be "mercy killing" at all- just keeping them comfortable as they slip away.

Doctors have to make life and death choices at a moment's notice and many forget that they are human too :) If YOU were GOING to die in 48 hours ( give or take ), would you rather be comfortable and take a chance you'll die soon or hang on untreated for another agonizing 48 hours ?

It saddens me that the liberals take a story like this, twist it up to fit their agenda and run with it. I personally do not believe that the Doctors treating these people were killing anyone- they were helping them in accordance to how THEY interpreted the Hippocratic Oath to fit the situation at hand - and to first....do no harm.

Be blessed,

Tim

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Was it the Morphine that actually killed them? Or did the Morphine help ease the pain as they were dying? This made me think of in the battlefield- when someone was wounded and they were not going to make it and couldn't be moved, they were given Morphine- any military people know if this is truly done???

An absolutely horrible thing occured at St. Rita's Nursing Home- the residents must have been so terrified as they drowned :)

SENIORS DIED IN KATRINA HORROR HOME - NY Post

• Nobody knows why about 30 elderly residents were left to die in the rising floodwaters, but the signs of their final, terrified struggle to survive can be seen in every mud-smeared room and corridor.
Horror Scene in Nursing Home - The Charlotte Observer
  • Each closed door inside St. Rita's darkened hallways is a nightmare. Some are blocked by tangled heaps of furniture and bodies. The body count is cursory, a blackened hand sticking out from between a gurney and collapsed wall being tallied as one person.
'Worst thing I've ever seen' St. Rita's Nursing Home didn't evacuate - Dallas NewsDetails of what happened at the facility are still sketchy, but the descriptions of what's inside the single-story, football-field-size building horrify even hardened disaster veterans.

The body of one elderly woman, clothed in a thin housedress, was on the concrete floor of the front patio. The thin, bony body of an old man was draped over the back of a chair, where the receding waters left it. A blackened hand was sticking out from between a gurney and collapsed wall.

At least some of the bodies remained in the nursing home Wednesday because the water outside the facility had been too high for workers to bring in vehicles to remove them.

Tables had been nailed against windows and wheelchairs had been piled up in an apparent effort to keep the water out, rescue workers said.

The smell of rotting human flesh clung to clothing of searchers going through the building. The high water mark reached a foot shy of the ceiling. Six inches of sewage, mud and putrefied tissue coated the floor in a slippery, dark brown scum strewn with broken furniture, bodies and wheelchairs.

Bodies removed from nursing home - Lexington Herald Leader

VIOLET, La. - (KRT) - An old fisherman saw them last, on mattresses floating at the ceiling in St. Rita's Nursing Home, water rising fast under them.

On his first trip, he'd gotten the Alonzo brothers out, Gene and Carlo, men he'd fished with in the Gulf of Mexico for years. With panic and Hurricane Katrina setting in, he made a second trip to get Jimmy Martinez's aging wife Peggy.

But as the hurricane made landfall on Aug. 29, luck ran out for 67-year-old Tony Buffone and everyone else in St. Rita's. It was his third trip to the lonely brick building, which was flooding with merciless speed like the mangrove swamp around it.

"When they went back in there, them people in there were a foot from the ceiling on mattresses," said Ronald Michael Robin, 69, aboard the fishing boat Invincible Vance, where Buffone returned in shock to weather the storm. "They couldn't get them out.

Edited by seraph

Was it the Morphine that actually killed them? Or did the Morphine help ease the pain as they were dying? This made me think of in the battlefield- when someone was wounded and they were not going to make it and couldn't be moved, they were given Morphine- any military people know if this is truly done??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a hard question to answer- kind of a cause/effect situation ? Yes, Morphine can kill- it's a very powerful pain reliever that along with pain relief ( therapeutic effect ) it also causes respiratory depression ( side effect )- and that's what kills...you actually die if you have too much from not breathing and essentially you suffocate ( due to not breathing as fast as you normally would ). Did the Morphine itself kill- no, I doubt it. Their immune system ( and over all body strength as a whole ) was weak to begin with. I believe that the doctors made educated decisions - and the price was worth the cost...being comfortable is a fair price to pay in sacrifice of a few more torturous hours of life.

Just my ( somewhat educated ) opinion :)

Tim

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Was it the Morphine that actually killed them? Or did the Morphine help ease the pain as they were dying? This made me think of in the battlefield- when someone was wounded and they were not going to make it and couldn't be moved, they were given Morphine- any military people know if this is truly done??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a hard question to answer- kind of a cause/effect situation ? Yes, Morphine can kill- it's a very powerful pain reliever that along with pain relief ( therapeutic effect ) it also causes respiratory depression ( side effect )- and that's what kills...you actually die if you have too much from not breathing and essentially you suffocate ( due to not breathing as fast as you normally would ). Did the Morphine itself kill- no, I doubt it. Their immune system ( and over all body strength as a whole ) was weak to begin with. I believe that the doctors made educated decisions - and the price was worth the cost...being comfortable is a fair price to pay in sacrifice of a few more torturous hours of life.

Tim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know it can kill, I am just curious if the Dr's said they intentionally gave a lethal dose, or if they said they administered enough morphine to reduce the terror, ease the pain or whatever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know it can kill, I am just curious if the Dr's said they intentionally gave a lethal dose, or if they said they administered enough morphine to reduce the terror, ease the pain or whatever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, that I don't know- if they admit to giving a lethal dose on purpose, then they'll be criminally responsible. But if they kept pushing to relieve the pain and several people died as a result; who's to make that judgement ? I don't think anyone knows the answer to that except God Himself :)

God bless,

Tim

I still want PROOF that this story was true. I don't believe it is.

Anyone have Proof?

I still want PROOF that this story was true.  I don't believe it is.

Anyone have Proof?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I do too- I would like to see PROOF that these doctors INTENTIONALLY gave these patients an overdose with the INTENT to kill them. :) I think this is a case of ignorance spewing uneducated information without thinking things through just to get a news story :)

God bless,

Tim

We have people being disgusted and people judging the doctors actions etc. Wouldn't it be better if we KNEW it were true?

Was it the Morphine that actually killed them? Or did the Morphine help ease the pain as they were dying? This made me think of in the battlefield- when someone was wounded and they were not going to make it and couldn't be moved, they were given Morphine- any military people know if this is truly done???

An absolutely horrible thing occured at St. Rita's Nursing Home- the residents must have been so terrified as they drowned :)

SENIORS DIED IN KATRINA HORROR HOME - NY Post

• Nobody knows why about 30 elderly residents were left to die in the rising floodwaters, but the signs of their final, terrified struggle to survive can be seen in every mud-smeared room and corridor.
Horror Scene in Nursing Home - The Charlotte Observer
  • Each closed door inside St. Rita's darkened hallways is a nightmare. Some are blocked by tangled heaps of furniture and bodies. The body count is cursory, a blackened hand sticking out from between a gurney and collapsed wall being tallied as one person.
'Worst thing I've ever seen' St. Rita's Nursing Home didn't evacuate - Dallas News
Details of what happened at the facility are still sketchy, but the descriptions of what's inside the single-story, football-field-size building horrify even hardened disaster veterans.

The body of one elderly woman, clothed in a thin housedress, was on the concrete floor of the front patio. The thin, bony body of an old man was draped over the back of a chair, where the receding waters left it. A blackened hand was sticking out from between a gurney and collapsed wall.

At least some of the bodies remained in the nursing home Wednesday because the water outside the facility had been too high for workers to bring in vehicles to remove them.

Tables had been nailed against windows and wheelchairs had been piled up in an apparent effort to keep the water out, rescue workers said.

The smell of rotting human flesh clung to clothing of searchers going through the building. The high water mark reached a foot shy of the ceiling. Six inches of sewage, mud and putrefied tissue coated the floor in a slippery, dark brown scum strewn with broken furniture, bodies and wheelchairs.

Bodies removed from nursing home - Lexington Herald Leader

VIOLET, La. - (KRT) - An old fisherman saw them last, on mattresses floating at the ceiling in St. Rita's Nursing Home, water rising fast under them.

On his first trip, he'd gotten the Alonzo brothers out, Gene and Carlo, men he'd fished with in the Gulf of Mexico for years. With panic and Hurricane Katrina setting in, he made a second trip to get Jimmy Martinez's aging wife Peggy.

But as the hurricane made landfall on Aug. 29, luck ran out for 67-year-old Tony Buffone and everyone else in St. Rita's. It was his third trip to the lonely brick building, which was flooding with merciless speed like the mangrove swamp around it.

"When they went back in there, them people in there were a foot from the ceiling on mattresses," said Ronald Michael Robin, 69, aboard the fishing boat Invincible Vance, where Buffone returned in shock to weather the storm. "They couldn't get them out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

34 counts of NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE have been filed against the administrators and owners of the nursing home.

They abandondoned the patients, to die.