other one

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I still want PROOF that this story was true.  I don't believe it is.

Anyone have Proof?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I do too- I would like to see PROOF that these doctors INTENTIONALLY gave these patients an overdose with the INTENT to kill them. :) I think this is a case of ignorance spewing uneducated information without thinking things through just to get a news story :24:

God bless,

Tim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have searched the web but havne't found any "big name" news sources reporting this... I found mention of it on www.mirror.co.uk and www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au. I don't know if these or the original link (www.dailymail.co.uk) are credible or not. :) Anyone know???

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it the Morphine that actually killed them? Or did the Morphine help ease the pain as they were dying? This made me think of in the battlefield- when someone was wounded and they were not going to make it and couldn't be moved, they were given Morphine- any military people know if this is truly done???

An absolutely horrible thing occured at St. Rita's Nursing Home- the residents must have been so terrified as they drowned :)

SENIORS DIED IN KATRINA HORROR HOME - NY Post

• Nobody knows why about 30 elderly residents were left to die in the rising floodwaters, but the signs of their final, terrified struggle to survive can be seen in every mud-smeared room and corridor.
Horror Scene in Nursing Home - The Charlotte Observer
  • Each closed door inside St. Rita's darkened hallways is a nightmare. Some are blocked by tangled heaps of furniture and bodies. The body count is cursory, a blackened hand sticking out from between a gurney and collapsed wall being tallied as one person.
'Worst thing I've ever seen' St. Rita's Nursing Home didn't evacuate - Dallas News
  • Details of what happened at the facility are still sketchy, but the descriptions of what's inside the single-story, football-field-size building horrify even hardened disaster veterans.

The body of one elderly woman, clothed in a thin housedress, was on the concrete floor of the front patio. The thin, bony body of an old man was draped over the back of a chair, where the receding waters left it. A blackened hand was sticking out from between a gurney and collapsed wall.

At least some of the bodies remained in the nursing home Wednesday because the water outside the facility had been too high for workers to bring in vehicles to remove them.

Tables had been nailed against windows and wheelchairs had been piled up in an apparent effort to keep the water out, rescue workers said.

The smell of rotting human flesh clung to clothing of searchers going through the building. The high water mark reached a foot shy of the ceiling. Six inches of sewage, mud and putrefied tissue coated the floor in a slippery, dark brown scum strewn with broken furniture, bodies and wheelchairs.

Bodies removed from nursing home - Lexington Herald Leader

VIOLET, La. - (KRT) - An old fisherman saw them last, on mattresses floating at the ceiling in St. Rita's Nursing Home, water rising fast under them.

On his first trip, he'd gotten the Alonzo brothers out, Gene and Carlo, men he'd fished with in the Gulf of Mexico for years. With panic and Hurricane Katrina setting in, he made a second trip to get Jimmy Martinez's aging wife Peggy.

But as the hurricane made landfall on Aug. 29, luck ran out for 67-year-old Tony Buffone and everyone else in St. Rita's. It was his third trip to the lonely brick building, which was flooding with merciless speed like the mangrove swamp around it.

"When they went back in there, them people in there were a foot from the ceiling on mattresses," said Ronald Michael Robin, 69, aboard the fishing boat Invincible Vance, where Buffone returned in shock to weather the storm. "They couldn't get them out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

34 counts of NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE have been filed against the administrators and owners of the nursing home.

They abandondoned the patients, to die.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is a portion of the CNN article on the charges...

NURSING HOME OWNERS FACE CHARGES - Couple charged with 34 counts of negligent homicide

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (CNN) -- The owners of St. Rita's Nursing Home in St. Bernard Parish, where 34 people drowned as Hurricane Katrina hit, have been charged with negligent homicide, Louisiana Attorney General Charles Foti Jr. said Tuesday.

"They did not die of natural causes; they drowned," Foti told reporters. "Thirty-four people drowned in a nursing home where they should have been evacuated."

The attorney general said the home's owners -- Mable and Salvador Mangano Sr. -- surrendered Tuesday to Medicaid Fraud Control Unit investigators in Baton Rouge, where they were charged with 34 counts of negligent homicide and jailed prior to posting bond. Each count carries up to five years in prison.

"We feel we have criminal negligence," Foti said. "They did not follow the standards of care that a reasonable person would follow in a similar circumstance."

He said the owners had plenty of opportunity to move their charges out of the facility. The Manganos were asked if they wanted to evacuate the building and were offered buses; in addition, they had signed last April a contract with Acadian Ambulance to provide transportation in the event an evacuation was needed, Foti said, but "they were never called."

In the article, there is also a link to video of the attorney general regarding the charges.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Was it the Morphine that actually killed them? Or did the Morphine help ease the pain as they were dying? This made me think of in the battlefield- when someone was wounded and they were not going to make it and couldn't be moved, they were given Morphine- any military people know if this is truly done???

An absolutely horrible thing occured at St. Rita's Nursing Home- the residents must have been so terrified as they drowned :huh:

SENIORS DIED IN KATRINA HORROR HOME - NY Post

• Nobody knows why about 30 elderly residents were left to die in the rising floodwaters, but the signs of their final, terrified struggle to survive can be seen in every mud-smeared room and corridor.
Horror Scene in Nursing Home - The Charlotte Observer
  • Each closed door inside St. Rita's darkened hallways is a nightmare. Some are blocked by tangled heaps of furniture and bodies. The body count is cursory, a blackened hand sticking out from between a gurney and collapsed wall being tallied as one person.
'Worst thing I've ever seen' St. Rita's Nursing Home didn't evacuate - Dallas News
  • Details of what happened at the facility are still sketchy, but the descriptions of what's inside the single-story, football-field-size building horrify even hardened disaster veterans.

The body of one elderly woman, clothed in a thin housedress, was on the concrete floor of the front patio. The thin, bony body of an old man was draped over the back of a chair, where the receding waters left it. A blackened hand was sticking out from between a gurney and collapsed wall.

At least some of the bodies remained in the nursing home Wednesday because the water outside the facility had been too high for workers to bring in vehicles to remove them.

Tables had been nailed against windows and wheelchairs had been piled up in an apparent effort to keep the water out, rescue workers said.

The smell of rotting human flesh clung to clothing of searchers going through the building. The high water mark reached a foot shy of the ceiling. Six inches of sewage, mud and putrefied tissue coated the floor in a slippery, dark brown scum strewn with broken furniture, bodies and wheelchairs.

Bodies removed from nursing home - Lexington Herald Leader

VIOLET, La. - (KRT) - An old fisherman saw them last, on mattresses floating at the ceiling in St. Rita's Nursing Home, water rising fast under them.

On his first trip, he'd gotten the Alonzo brothers out, Gene and Carlo, men he'd fished with in the Gulf of Mexico for years. With panic and Hurricane Katrina setting in, he made a second trip to get Jimmy Martinez's aging wife Peggy.

But as the hurricane made landfall on Aug. 29, luck ran out for 67-year-old Tony Buffone and everyone else in St. Rita's. It was his third trip to the lonely brick building, which was flooding with merciless speed like the mangrove swamp around it.

"When they went back in there, them people in there were a foot from the ceiling on mattresses," said Ronald Michael Robin, 69, aboard the fishing boat Invincible Vance, where Buffone returned in shock to weather the storm. "They couldn't get them out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

34 counts of NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE have been filed against the administrators and owners of the nursing home.

They abandondoned the patients, to die.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is a portion of the CNN article on the charges...

NURSING HOME OWNERS FACE CHARGES - Couple charged with 34 counts of negligent homicide

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (CNN) -- The owners of St. Rita's Nursing Home in St. Bernard Parish, where 34 people drowned as Hurricane Katrina hit, have been charged with negligent homicide, Louisiana Attorney General Charles Foti Jr. said Tuesday.

"They did not die of natural causes; they drowned," Foti told reporters. "Thirty-four people drowned in a nursing home where they should have been evacuated."

The attorney general said the home's owners -- Mable and Salvador Mangano Sr. -- surrendered Tuesday to Medicaid Fraud Control Unit investigators in Baton Rouge, where they were charged with 34 counts of negligent homicide and jailed prior to posting bond. Each count carries up to five years in prison.

"We feel we have criminal negligence," Foti said. "They did not follow the standards of care that a reasonable person would follow in a similar circumstance."

He said the owners had plenty of opportunity to move their charges out of the facility. The Manganos were asked if they wanted to evacuate the building and were offered buses; in addition, they had signed last April a contract with Acadian Ambulance to provide transportation in the event an evacuation was needed, Foti said, but "they were never called."

In the article, there is also a link to video of the attorney general regarding the charges.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I heard about that :huh: Very sad indeed. But in that particular case, it would be considered abandonment ( a legal issue where a medical professional [ like a doctor ] simply leaves their patient without providing for appropriate follow-up care ). The original topic related to a field, triaged health care setting where these doctors are alleged to have give fatal doses of Morphine. I've yet to see proof of that :)

God bless,

Tim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I agree Tim,

Still waiting for proof of the accusations of doctors murdering patients with moriphine OD's

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I've been searching all evening ( well, off & on ) for news reports on this topic. Funny, I've yet to see any report to make this claim save for the OP's link...makes one wonder huh :) IF this was a real case, surely Fox News would have picked up on it by now ? I'm getting the feeling that there no merit to this accusation at all :)

God bless,

Tim

I've been searching all evening ( well, off & on ) for news reports on this topic.  Funny, I've yet to see any report to make this claim save for the OP's link...makes one wonder huh  :24:  IF this was a real case, surely Fox News would have picked up on it by now ?  I'm getting the feeling that there no merit to this accusation at all  :thumbsup:

God bless,

Tim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found two others (quoted below), but I have no idea how reliable they are... nothing on bbc.com, cnn.com, latimes.com, etc, etc.

I have searched the web but havne't found any "big name" news sources reporting this... I found mention of it on www.mirror.co.uk and www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au. I don't know if these or the original link (www.dailymail.co.uk) are credible or not.  :noidea: Anyone know???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>