IGNORED

WOMEN PASTORS

GentlesoundGS

Guest Biblicist

I'm starting to get the idea that women, and men, believe that those who believe God's word teaches against Female Preachers are "ignorant" or "willingly oppressed". Poor, poor pitiful us! We find Scripture very clear, with muddied eyes! WOW. The blind leading the blind...Oh, my!

So if we believe that we can not preach, or have authority over men, that makes us stupid? Under-educated? Foolish? Somehow shy of the "wisdom" God has given those more enlightend who believe God's word doesn't really mean what it says it means and we just aren't smart enough to find the "hidden" message in there.

Or possibly not smart enough, to do as the Bereans, and study the Scriptures to find out if what we are being taught is correct.

Baiscally, what you are saying is, "You poor pitiful women, who have been oppressed all these years, you can't understand your plight, I've been more enlightened, [God speaks more to me than to you/I read His word, more often or better than you do] therefore I know more than you do. And since you couldn't possibly understand God's word the way I do, I will share my wisdom with you."

Now, please, help me to understand, why would I want to listen to a woman preacher who tells me that I can't possibly understand the scriptures the way she does because I read it differently?

That is the same type of oppression you claim the "MEN" of the Bible tried to impose upon women. Listen to me, I know better than you.

Philippians 2

3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,

did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

7 but made himself nothing,

taking the very nature of a servant,

being made in human likeness.

8 And being found in appearance as a man,

he humbled himself

and became obedient to death

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

If we can make blanket statements of our opinions and call them truth, here is mine! I find that people who make statements like yours are usually woman who want to find a reason, any reason for not doing something the Bible clearly states is wrong, because it doesn't suit them and therefore scirpture has to be twisted to suit their purpose, so they can justify what they want, instead of obeying the Lord!

As for feathers being ruffled maybe you should check to make sure it isn't yours.

looks like yelling or at least a very forceful and firm rebuke and I am as calm as a cucumber....anyway, you all are completely missing what I have said...it's okay. Think what you will, I truly am not concerned about it.

may the Lord bless you always.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

it's okay. Think what you will, I truly am not concerned about it.

:emot-hug::sleep2::24:

Oh... My precious father..Take Vickilyns hands into yours I pray, relieve the aches and pains she has and give her warmth of your Glorious Light, keep them warm.,Lord. Lubricate the joints,strengthen those bones..build up the cartilage and the muscles to be less infammed in Jesus Precious name I pray... Amen

Shalom Patricia,

Thank you! From your mouth to G-d's ears!! :emot-hug:

:sleep2: Oh honey I was just playing it didn't bother me at all! Whats wrong with your hands??? :24:

Shalom SP,

Just some chronic pain. Good days, and some painful days making it hard to type without typos. Today is one of those painful days. Gotta check my posts very carefully. Thanks for your concern. I knew you were playing though! I just wanted to 'spain. :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

:sleep2: Oh honey I was just playing it didn't bother me at all! Whats wrong with your hands??? :24:

Shalom SP,

Just some chronic pain. Good days, and some painful days making it hard to type without typos. Today is one of those painful days. Gotta check my posts very carefully. Thanks for your concern. I knew you were playing though! I just wanted to 'spain. :emot-hug:

Praying! :emot-hug:

it's okay. Think what you will, I truly am not concerned about it.

:emot-handshake::thumbsup::24:

:24::24::24::)

• Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

How do you yell on the internet...use bold type?

I think it is using a lot of these: ! at the end of sentences. :)

okay, I need to make a point here and then I'll leave this tedious topic alone.

Men want women to submit and they want to keep their headship in the family and in church....fine, I gladly hand it over to the ones who should be doing it, if they can be found. BUT, in a society that is full of broken single parent homes, a church full of passive ministers and a congregation full of believing whatever is pedaled on them causes me to stand back and allow the Lord only to be my head, for the truth is watered down and man/women like to make scripture into whatever is needed for the moment. Now I am not saying that the people here do these things but the truth is, this is the norm. And it will get increasingly worse. So, should I decide that I am being fed meat by a woman minister, then I am going to go where the meat is being served....I hate milk toast literally AND I hate spiritual milk toast...both make me vomit. I have been to church after church and I have yet to find a place that fits the requirements of getting more than coming to the cross and all is just hunky dorey because many years ago I got dipped in water. There should be more to the church and it is oh so difficult to find. I continually seek out churches where tolerance is taboo and the truth of sin and repentant hearts is preached. I want to know that there is someone out there willing to speak up about the new age God that says anything goes. And if I can't find these qualities then who is better suited to have headship over me than the Lord himself? The United States if full of arrogant, selfish and self willed people who make it very clear, if you don't think, look and act like us you are a heretic and not a child of the one true God. Funny thing is they are the ones who don't know who the one true God is.

So I challenge anyone of any gender to stand up and speak the truth!! Be a leader for God and stop worrying about whether the mainstream church of the United States aka Laodicea likes what you got to say or whether or not you wear pants. When I see someone willing to do that I will know that I have found a true leader of the Church of Christ and it won't matter not one iota their gender!

So these are the reasons why I have no headship over me but Christ. And there will be a day when I find that place that feeds me the noutrients my soul needs. Until then, I read and I study and I do what I can to stay as true to God's word as possible. This being said, God will place whomever He wants (male or female) in the position of leadership. He knows who is best suited for the position not me nor any of YOU.

I am not a minister nor am I a teacher of God's word. I am a student and a servant and I bow deeply to the Lord and only the Lord.

love and blessings to you all

(edited and added for Ddavid: !!!!!!) :)

• Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Put the ! back in there... I liked it that way better :)