IGNORED

Ancient Israel High Place worship ... CANNABIS found ... they were truly HIGH at the High places!

George

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

• Thanks 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

It's always so sad to see archeological evidence of Israel's apostasy....goes to show how easy it is to fall....kind of the default position of fallen human nature.  "Halting between two opinions"....trying to serve both God and Baal at the same time.  Instead of serving God the way HE asks, HIS will.  That is always why it's so deceitful......and also think it's why it is more preferable to the Lord that a worshiper be stone cold rather than lukewarm (mixture of hot and cold).  Someone cold is more able to be restored than someone who is a mixture...because the mixture are deceived to think they are already ok with God since they are doing things in His name, while someone who is cold knows they have nothing to do with God.  "Lord, Lord, didn't we do thus and such in your name.....away from me, I never knew you...only who does the WILL of the FATHER will enter the kingdom of heaven."

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 4/20/2022 at 8:48 AM, Heleadethme said:

It's always so sad to see archeological evidence of Israel's apostasy....goes to show how easy it is to fall....kind of the default position of fallen human nature.

So true.  I'm thinking this archaeological finding was given to us to understand how to react to those who will try to promote the use of Cannabis within the Church.  So we have the evidence to show what God did in the past. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, George said:

So true.  I'm thinking this archaeological finding was given to us to understand how to react to those who will try to promote the use of Cannabis within the Church.  So we have the evidence to show what God did in the past. 

Amen.  'Recreational' drug use can't be considered to be anything but pagan.  I didn't know there were Christian churches actually promoting the use of cannabis....just when you think you've heard everything, goodness.   The western church is in dire straits.  We're going to reap the same judgments and chastisements that befell Israel....it's already starting IMO.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I presume that both alcohol and perhaps also cannabis was consumed by the laity at that time. At least the consumption of alcohol has been handed down in John 2:1-10. Nevertheless, such things do not belong into a church service, which is evident from Ephesians 5:18.

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/23/2022 at 9:11 PM, George said:

That was done by Northern kingdom in Samaria. God has sent the Assyrian to destroy them.