Amigo42

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

In Christianity, this idea isn't focused upon in much detail, but what if all of us truly are old souls?  Let me explain.  Jesus had existed already prior to his incarnation as a human.  How do we know it wasn't the same for all of us? 

Follow my line of thinking here.  Imagine you are an eternal being or soul that has lived for thousands or millions of years.  You've maybe only seen perfect worlds, and maybe you wanted a challenge.  So you choose to incarnate in the toughest, most baddest planet in the universe, earth.  People who make it through this life are greeted as war heroes when they return home to God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

It is only a saying because our soul doesn't age but the meaning of the saying is:

It means to have wisdom beyond your years. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It is only a saying because our soul doesn't age but the meaning of the saying is:

It means to have wisdom beyond your years. 

Sure, yes that's part of what the irony could be.  What if the truth is actually beyond that?  What if we truly our old souls meaning that our souls already preexisted for maybe thousands of year prior to coming to this planet?  The Bible kind of hints at that but doesn't say directly.  Of course, some mysteries we may not know in this life.  Just an interesting thought.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

In Christianity, this idea isn't focused upon in much detail, but what if all of us truly are old souls?  Let me explain.  Jesus had existed already prior to his incarnation as a human.  How do we know it wasn't the same for all of us? 

Follow my line of thinking here.  Imagine you are an eternal being or soul that has lived for thousands or millions of years.  You've maybe only seen perfect worlds, and maybe you wanted a challenge.  So you choose to incarnate in the toughest, most baddest planet in the universe, earth.  People who make it through this life are greeted as war heroes when they return home to God.

I believe that would contradict scripture where it says, ‘and he became a living soul’…. To me that means that before, he had no soul as was not living…. 

My thinks…

Be blessed in Him, a fellow believer, Not me 

5 minutes ago, Not me said:

I believe that would contradict scripture where it says, ‘and he became a living soul’…. To me that means that before, he had no soul as was not living…. 

My thinks…

Be blessed in Him, a fellow believer, Not me 

That is a good point, but that only applied to the original human.  I'm just speculating here, but imagine, you are a being who has lived already for millenia on unfallen and perfect worlds and maybe  you want a challenge and decide to come to planet earth as a human.  To fully experience the difference between other worlds and this one, would require one be born as a baby and have to learn everything from scratch.  Any foreknowledge could not be used as that would invalidate the test and experience.  I don't know.  Only God and his angels know the truth.

Edited by Amigo42

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

4 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

That is a good point, but that only applied to the original human.  I'm just speculating here, but imagine, you are a being who has lived already for millenia on unfallen and perfect worlds and maybe  you want a challenge and decide to come to planet earth as a human.  To fully experience the difference between other worlds and this one, would require one be born as a baby and have to learn everything from scratch.  Any foreknowledge could not be used as that would invalidate the test and experience.  I don't know.  Only God and his angels know the truth.

Seeing how we were all ‘in Adam’ when he was first created, it would have to apply to all his posterity…

But as your heart so leads you…

Be blessed in Him, Not me 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

20 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

In Christianity, this idea isn't focused upon in much detail, but what if all of us truly are old souls?

Interesting perspective. Shalom

Ecclesiastes 12:[7] Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

8 minutes ago, branchesofHim said:

Interesting perspective. Shalom

Ecclesiastes 12:[7] Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

That's a good reference.  Even Jeremiah 1:5 states.
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

What does it mean that he knew us before we were born?  How long did he know us?  For thousands for years, for a few years.  Only God knows.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  668
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Not sure where you are going with this?

1 hour ago, Amigo42 said:

What does it mean that he knew us before we were born?  How long did he know us?  For thousands for years, for a few years.  Only God knows.

It means that GOD knows the past, present, and future. Since GOD is outside of time, He knew us since before the beginning of time.