• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,175
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, SwordMaster said:

Contrary to what you say above, the essential Christian doctrines are essential and true.

Creationism is not an essential doctrine of Christianity.    You should not be placing barriers that stop other from coming to Christ.

4 hours ago, SwordMaster said:

You are a wolf in sheep's clothing, and you should not be allowed to post on Christian forums for that reason.

I am merely a Christian who is willing to accept God's creation as it is.    I repeat that YE creationists are no less Christian than the rest of us.   One's opinion of evolution just doesn't matter to salvation.

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

I disagree with barbarians doctrinal stance in this thread but he has not violated the terms of service the way you have.

I try to be reasonable.  I wish I wasn't so blunt, sometimes, but I try.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Nothing in the Bible shows Christ declaring that the 6 days were literal days.   You know that. 

Um...ok?

Exodus 20:11
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Who is Jesus? He is Yahweh God in the flesh...who wrote the Scriptures by His Spirit through the hands of chosen men. When God affirms that He created the heavens and the earth in six (literal) days...it is the same as Christ affirming that fact.

See what I mean about those little non-essential false beliefs slowly destroying one's faith in God's Word?

On 8/12/2022 at 8:24 PM, The Barbarian said:

Maybe you're concerned that if you see the evidence, you'll realize that you were the one believing lies.

No, not anything like that. I studied the topic for over 7 years, asked questions in college that the evolutionary professors didn't like and kicked me out of their classes because they didn't like being made fools of in front of the other students.

I know the facts, I am not deceived into believing the nonsense you cling to.

16 minutes ago, SwordMaster said:

No, not anything like that. I studied the topic for over 7 years, asked questions in college that the evolutionary professors didn't like and kicked me out of their classes because they didn't like being made fools of in front of the other students.

I've been in classes like that.  But student were not kicked out.  I've taught classes like that.   I didn't kick them out.  

18 minutes ago, SwordMaster said:

I know the facts,

You've expressed a lot of misconceptions here; you don't seem to know much of anything about the issue.   You didn't even know what evolution is, until I showed you.

25 minutes ago, SwordMaster said:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

If a verse in the Bible cites a figurative verse, how does that make it into a literal history?

Show us that.

25 minutes ago, SwordMaster said:

Who is Jesus? He is Yahweh God in the flesh...who wrote the Scriptures by His Spirit through the hands of chosen men. When God affirms that He created the heavens and the earth in six (literal) days..

But as you see, He didn't.   If you're claiming that He never used parables or figurative speech, scripture itself refutes you. 

Your little non-essential false beliefs could be slowly destroying your faith in God's Word, but I think not.  

Edited by The Barbarian

I have reported many of your posts. I disagree with barbarians doctrinal stance in this thread but he has not violated the terms of service the way you have. You should debate the topic, not sling accusations around.

Accusations are unfounded...what I said is not. Jesus Himself said that you will know them by what they do and say, and anyone who directly opposes the truth of Scripture, while claiming to be a Christian, is exactly what Jesus said they were.

I will not say that to him again, yet the truth stands.

1 minute ago, SwordMaster said:

Accusations are unfounded...what I said is not. Jesus Himself said that you will know them by what they do and say, and anyone who directly opposes the truth of Scripture, while claiming to be a Christian, is exactly what Jesus said they were.

I will not say that to him again, yet the truth stands.

When people try to separate others from God, they only distance themselves from God.   It never turns out well.

You may not agree with most Christians on these things, but it's not a threat to your salvation until you make an idol of your new beliefs.   Don't do that.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On 5/8/2022 at 12:41 PM, The Barbarian said:

Information, in a living population, is the amount of information for each gene locus.    Since most genes have a number of alleles (different versions of the gene) the total information for that gene would be found by multiplying the frequency of each allele by the log of the frequency of each allele, and then summing all the products.   

Hence, every new mutation increases the information in a population.    Which is evolution, i.e. a change in allele frequency in a population over time.    Demonstration of this will be provided if requested.

It often the case that isolated populations have lower information than larger ones for the obvious reason.    And these are often where speciation occurs.   Following speciation, mutation often greatly increases information, for example as in Hawaiian flies and Darwin's finches.

God certainly designed us wonderfully to adapt.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On 8/12/2022 at 11:46 PM, The Barbarian said:

I try to be reasonable.  I wish I wasn't so blunt, sometimes, but I try.

Perhaps it's not time to be reasonable... Maybe consider that not all believers are strong in their faith to begin with. If you challenge something that strengthens their faith and tell them what they believe about God's Word is impossible under the lens of science, your only real success is offending or unintentionally harming your weaker brothers and sisters in Christ, perhaps even causing them to leave the faith. As valuable as science is, I can't see it being that important. 

When people post angry responses, it's because they feel hurt by someone they should be able to trust.