IGNORED

What makes a transitional organism transitional?

The Barbarian

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,089
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Dave-regenerated said:

I think you missed my point.  By disobeying God, the entire creation was subject to an alteration through Adam and Eve's sin. 

I always thought that it's a bad idea to add new stuff to scripture.    You may differ on that, but it's still man's word, not God's word.

16 hours ago, Dave-regenerated said:

If there were pre humanoids that predated Adam and they died, then the fall into sin by Adam's transgression that caused death would not exist, whether it is spiritual or physical.  

I know you want it to be so, but we have no reason to accept your additions.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

29 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

I always thought that it's a bad idea to add new stuff to scripture.    You may differ on that, but it's still man's word, not God's word.

I know you want it to be so, but we have no reason to accept your additions.  

Thank you for your opinions but if you could back them up with reasons and evidence that would be helpful.  Otherwise this back and forth stuff is a waste of time.

1 hour ago, Dave-regenerated said:

Thank you for your opinions but if you could back them up with reasons and evidence that would be helpful.  Otherwise this back and forth stuff is a waste of time.

I just showed you that your additions to scripture are not in the Bible.   If that doesn't matter to you, then I don't know what to say.

2 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

I just showed you that your additions to scripture are not in the Bible.   If that doesn't matter to you, then I don't know what to say.

Honestly, you showed me nothing at all.  You said you did, but that was an assertion without any evidence.  I think you can do better than that.

Just now, Dave-regenerated said:

Honestly, you showed me nothing at all.  You said you did, but that was an assertion without any evidence.  I think you can do better than that.

Can you please back up your opinion with evidence and show me how I added to the Bible, please?

Can you please back up your opinion with evidence and show me how I added to the Bible, please?

5 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

If there were pre humanoids that predated Adam and they died, then the fall into sin by Adam's transgression that caused death would not exist, whether it is spiritual or physical.  

This contradicts God's statement to Adam that he would die the day he ate from the tree.  Since he ate from the tree, and did not die physically for many years thereafter, we can rule out a physical death.  However, nothing in scripture says that Adam's ancestors could not have died, or that would in any way rule out transgression on the part of Adam.   That's your addition.

23 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

This contradicts God's statement to Adam that he would die the day he ate from the tree.  Since he ate from the tree, and did not die physically for many years thereafter, we can rule out a physical death.  However, nothing in scripture says that Adam's ancestors could not have died, or that would in any way rule out transgression on the part of Adam.   That's your addition.

I'm sure you would be gracious enough to accept that billions of other people than you do not hold 100% certainty regarding evolution and Adam and Eve.  But apart from the book of Genesis, there is no indication in the rest of the Bible of any concept of evolution.  Instead, Jesus talks about Adam and Paul says Adam was the original or first man.  None of those things refer to evolution.  The Bible itself knows nothing of Darwinism because it assumes God did everything from the very first sentence.

Protestants generally don't believe in the theory of evolution or Darwinism.  They have good reasons not to.  But Catholics (of which I used to be one) not only have extra Biblical Revelation in the form of saints and miracles by them, but embrace an anti God concept that is actually not Biblical to begin with, and they have their "traditions" and extra Biblical stuff that doesn't line up with the Bible AT ALL.

It is no wonder you are a Catholic that believes in evolution.  I would expect nothing less.  Just like I would expect nothing less from an atheist.  Both of these types of creatures are not born again, saved, have salvation, regeneration, justification, sanctification, or any experience of God in reality.  I would like you to personally give your born again testimony here of where you experienced GOD and you were born again in reality, at some point in your life.  If you can't do that, and you quote me without including the last few sentences, there is nothing left to say to you.  And I will have to leave you to your delusions.

50 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

I'm sure you would be gracious enough to accept that billions of other people than you do not hold 100% certainty regarding evolution and Adam and Eve. 

Since billions of people are not Christians, that's a pretty good assumption.

51 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

But apart from the book of Genesis, there is no indication in the rest of the Bible of any concept of evolution. 

Nothing there about radio waves, fusion, leukocytes, and so on.    You think those don't exist, because the Bible doesn't discuss them?

52 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

The Bible itself knows nothing of Darwinism because it assumes God did everything from the very first sentence.

God creates everything.   The problem for creationism, is that they don't approve of the way He does some of it.  For example God says that the Earth brought forth living things.   He uses nature for most everything in this world.

54 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

Protestants generally don't believe in the theory of evolution or Darwinism. 

Most Protestant denominations admit that evolution is consistent with God's creation.    Almost all Lutheran denominations do.   Anglicans do.   And of course the second largest body of believers is not Protestant, but Eastern Orthodox.   And they do also.    So you're a minority of a minority among Christians on this issue.

56 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

But Catholics (of which I used to be one) not only have extra Biblical Revelation in the form of saints and miracles by them, but embrace an anti God concept that is actually not Biblical to begin with, and they have their "traditions" and extra Biblical stuff that doesn't line up with the Bible AT ALL.

Jesus says the world would hate us.   And they do. 

57 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

It is no wonder you are a Catholic that believes in evolution.

I believe in God.   I observe the fact of evolution.   It's observed all around us, all the time.   Perhaps you don't know what "evolution" means.   What do you think it means?

58 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

I would expect nothing less.  Just like I would expect nothing less from an atheist.  Both of these types of creatures are not born again, saved, have salvation,

As I said, the world hates us.   But so long as we are faithful to God, your feelings make no difference at all.   I'm not saying that you aren't a Christian.  So long as you accept the Nicene Creed (or something that says the same things) you are a valid Christian.    But don't make an idol of you new belief in creationism.   That could harm your salvation.

I would like you to personally give your ...

Yes, I suppose you would.   But we already have Jesus.    So you're going to have to just account for yourself.    Remember it's not that hard:

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? [37] Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. [38] This is the greatest and the first commandment. [39] And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets.

Get that right, and you can't go wrong.

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. [2] And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. [3] And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

He's talking to all of us.   You included.  Learn from it.

18 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Since billions of people are not Christians, that's a pretty good assumption.

Nothing there about radio waves, fusion, leukocytes, and so on.    You think those don't exist, because the Bible doesn't discuss them?

God creates everything.   The problem for creationism, is that they don't approve of the way He does some of it.  For example God says that the Earth brought forth living things.   He uses nature for most everything in this world.

Most Protestant denominations admit that evolution is consistent with God's creation.    Almost all Lutheran denominations do.   Anglicans do.   And of course the second largest body of believers is not Protestant, but Eastern Orthodox.   And they do also.    So you're a minority of a minority among Christians on this issue.

Jesus says the world would hate us.   And they do. 

I believe in God.   I observe the fact of evolution.   It's observed all around us, all the time.   Perhaps you don't know what "evolution" means.   What do you think it means?

As I said, the world hates us.   But so long as we are faithful to God, your feelings make no difference at all.   I'm not saying that you aren't a Christian.  So long as you accept the Nicene Creed (or something that says the same things) you are a valid Christian.    But don't make an idol of you new belief in creationism.   That could harm your salvation.

Yes, I suppose you would.   But we already have Jesus.    So you're going to have to just account for yourself.    Remember it's not that hard:

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? [37] Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. [38] This is the greatest and the first commandment. [39] And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets.

Get that right, and you can't go wrong.

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. [2] And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. [3] And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

He's talking to all of us.   You included.  Learn from it.

As I rightly predicted you have refused to give your salvation testimony.  Everything else you have written about evolution doesn't matter compared to that.

I can see it is perfectly useless trying to communicate with you as you cherry pick things people say and don't give straight answers, and then you even add subtle insults to top it off.  Keep your Catholicism but pray to be saved.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

A bit of a tangential question, but should there really be a requirement for someone to share their “conversion experience” for us to accept that they believe in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ?