• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

Antiochus IV was the grandson of Seleucus 1 Nicator and ruled Syria.

" King of Syria; reigned from 175 B.C.; died 164. He was a son of Antiochus the Great, and, after the murder of his brother Seleucus, took possession of the Syrian throne which rightly belonged to his nephew Demetrius. This Antiochus is styled in rabbinical sources http://d3sva65x0i5hnc.cloudfront.net/V01p634002.jpg, "the wicked."

He adopted Greek and Roman philosophy certainly.

" Antiochus combined in himself the worst faults of the Greeks and the Romans, and but very few of their good qualities"

However, the point was the confrontation by Rome in 168 BC, and his return to Syria and by 167 BC the lay over in Jerusalem where the A of D occurred and the Jewish people subjugated, not lineage. 

"n 168 BC, Antiochus led a second attack on Egypt and also sent a fleet to capture Cyprus. Before he reached Alexandria, his path was blocked by a single elderly Roman ambassador named Gaius Popillius Laenas who delivered a message from the Roman Senate directing Antiochus to withdraw his armies from Egypt and Cyprus or consider himself in a state of war with the Roman Republic. Antiochus said he would discuss it with his council, whereupon the Roman envoy drew a line in the sand around Antiochus and said: "Before you leave this circle, give me a reply that I can take back to the Roman Senate." This implied Rome would declare war if the King stepped out of the circle without committing to leave Egypt immediately. Weighing his options, Antiochus decided to withdraw. Only then did Popillius agree to shake hands with him.[11] Ancient sources and traditional historiography describe this "Day of Elesius" as a great humiliation for Antiochus IV that unhinged him for a time. Some more modern historians conjecture that Antiochus may have been more reconciled to this than ancient sources indicate, as the Roman intervention meant that Antiochus had been given an excuse to not undertake a potentially long and costly siege of Alexandria. He could instead return with treasure and loot having weakened the Egyptian state at little risk and cost compared to a larger-scale invasion."

Grainger, John D. (2010). The Syrian Wars. Brill. p. 297–308. 

Portier-Young, Anathea (2011). Apocalypse Against Empire: Theologies of Resistance in Early Judaism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 130–134

The above occurred per Daniel 11,

"At the appointed time he will invade the South again, but this time will not be like the first. 30Ships of Kittimg will come against him, and he will lose heart. Then he will turn back and rage against the holy covenant and do damage. So he will return and show favor to those who forsake the holy covenant. 31His forces will rise up and desecrate the temple fortress. They will abolish the daily sacrifice and set up the abomination of desolation."

and is confirmed by historical record.

That was the point; to understand the A of D. I'm not concerned about AE's ideology, education, imprisonment, lineage, rearing or world view; just the facts of the A of D and what we should be understanding about it.

I Disagree, Antiochus Epiphanies was from "Greek" bloodlines,  and  polytheism

As clearly shown, the future figure seen in Daniel 11:37 will be a Jew/Hebrew

Wikipedia: The Seleucid dynasty or the Seleucidae (from Greek: Σελευκίδαι, Seleukídai) was a Macedonian Greek royal family, founded by Seleucus I Nicator, which ruled the Seleucid Empire centered in the Near East and regions of the Asian part of the earlier Achaemenid Persian Empire during the Hellenistic period.

Edited by truth7t7

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

14 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

What are you even talking about? The 70th week CAN NOT START until the Anti-Christ and Israel during the END TIMES comes to an AGREEMENT which will last for 7 years. The Temple being destroyed has nothing to do with the 490 year Prophecy whatsoever.

I am talking about when the temple was destroyed back in 70AD.  

Where do you get ISRAEL and the antichrist making an agreement?  Please give books and verses.

i personally believe 70th week begins with the BEAST rising up from the sea and that is 'the agreement with many' taking place.  But when the deadly wound happens and Satan and his angels are kicked out and he heals the deadly wound HIS ANGELS TAKE OVER the RULING positions and the image is set up that is when the 'agreement' comes to an end.  

Looking forward to seeing what Scripture tells us it is Israel who makes the agreement with Satan.  And here I thought the 144,000 were sealed before the four winds were released. 

2 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Where do you get ISRAEL and the antichrist making an agreement?  Please give books and verses.

i personally believe 70th week begins with the BEAST rising up from the sea and that is 'the agreement with many' taking place.  But when the deadly wound happens and Satan and his angels are kicked out and he heals the deadly wound HIS ANGELS TAKE OVER the RULING positions and the image is set up that is when the 'agreement' comes to an end.  

Looking forward to seeing what Scripture tells us it is Israel who makes the agreement with Satan.  And here I thought the 144,000 were sealed before the four winds were released. 

Your beliefs have similarity in teachings found in the JW's and 7th Day Adventist, are you a member of either?

The Temple being destroyed has nothing to do with the 490 year Prophecy whatsoever.

It does because it was destroyed after Christ was cut off.  This is why it is AFTER THE FIRST AND SECOND set of weeks and before the last week which is yet future.  

AND WHY such a break in time?  because  THE KINGDOM AND THE KING WERE REJECTED so what WOULD HAVE HAPPENED HAD He AND THE KINGDOM PROCLAIMED accepted AND commenced, 

had to be postponed because  JESUS COULDN'T RETURN IN 7 YEARS AS now the time of the GENTILES had begun and  the book up in heaven was UNSEALED.  

23 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Do you suggest Satan and his angels are currently in heaven?

The battle between Michael and Satan is future?

Edited by truth7t7

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

2 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

Do you suggest Satan and his angels are currently in heaven?

The battle between Michael and Satan is future?

I’m butting in (excuse me, please).  The answer is yes!  https://worthychristianforums-h45go6maxh5rpepgu.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/emoticons/default_emot-bounce.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

The answer is No!

Scripture clearly teaches Satan was cast unto the earth, waiting to devour Jesus Christ at his birth, this took place with King Herod seeking Jesus to kill him "Long Ago", Revelation 12:3-4 below is a recap of events in history

Satan was upon the earth at Jobs temptation, and also during the temptation of Jesus 40 days/nights in the wilderness

Satan isn't Omnipresent

Revelation 12:3-4KJV

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Job 1:7KJV

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Edited by truth7t7

Israel is judged, she is left DESOLATE, toted off to all the Nations of the world. Verse 26s Desolations are 70 AD, verse 27s Desolations are of the Anti-Christ, BOTH are spoken about remember, the People (Romans) of the prince to come (2000 years later) will destroy Jerusalem with a flood (Army) and leave her DESOLATE. Then 2000 years later we see this HE (A.C.) make an AGREEMENT with Israel and the MANY, and he will again bring DESOLATION unto Israel, this time for 1260 days, just as Dan. 12:7 tells us will happen.

I disagree.  And will until you show me where ROMANS are the antichrists people. 

ISRAEL WAS LEFT DESOLATE when the temple was destroyed and was toted off to all the Nations of the world and remained that way until Lev 26 ended.  

Satan will come to Jerusalem and will stand claiming to be God and that whole time she is desolate.  This takes place during the 2nd half of the week.  Why would Satan need to bring ARMIES to Jerusalem to make it desolate?  THE WHOLE WORLD WILL BE WORSHIPPING HIM by then.  There will be a 'remnant' that goes against him.  The falling away is not with ARMIES it is the SPIRITUAL theft  of their souls THROUGH DECEPTION.  

WHAT IS HEARD BEFORE THE SUDDEN DESTRUCTION WHEN CHRIST RETURNS?  

PEACE AND SAFETY.  The whole world will worship after him and IF THE TIME wasn't shortened NO FLESH would be saved as in there would be NO ONE alive and remaining who didn't take the mark of the beast by the time Christ returns.  

WE DON'T WAR AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD BUT POWERS AND PRINCIPALITIES....Satan wins over with flatteries.  prosperously and peacefully.  WHAT kinds of wars are taking place when the whole world is worshipping the same 'god'?  

Daniel 11:20 Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes in the glory of the kingdom but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle.

Daniel 11:21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

Daniel 11:22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.

LIES AND DECEPTION

Daniel 11:23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.

THE FALLEN ANGELS

Daniel 11:24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.

WORSHIP THE IMAGE AND LIVE A WONDERFUL LIFE

Daniel 11:25 And he shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the south with a great army; and the king of the south shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he shall not stand for they shall forecast devices against him.

MORE LIES AND DECEPTION

Daniel 11:26 Yea, they that feed of the portion of his meat shall destroy him, and his army shall overflow and many shall fall down slain.

THEIR SOULS BELONG TO SATAN

Daniel 11:27 And both these kings' hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper for yet the end shall be at the time appointed.

Daniel 11:28 Then shall he return into his land with great riches; and his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he shall do exploits, and return to his own land.

COMING TO STAND WHERE HE OUGHT NOT

Daniel 11:29 At the time appointed he shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter.

Daniel 11:30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.

MORE SOULS UNDER HIS DECEPTION

Daniel 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

THE WORSHIP THAT SHOULD BE GOING TO GOD WILL NOW BE GOING TO THE IMAGE

Daniel 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

BUT THE TWO WITNESSES WILL BE HERE AND THERE WILL BE THOSE WHO STAND UP FOR GOD, 

Daniel 11:33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

THERE WILL BE THOSE WHO WILL DIE RATHER THAN WORSHIP THE IMAGE

Daniel 11:34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

STILL THERE WILL BE MANY WHO WILL BELIEVE.  SATAN IS PERFORMING LYING SIGNS AND WONDERS ALL THIS TIME.  SUPERNATURAL 'MIRACLES' TAKING PLACE IN THE SIGHT OF ALL.  NEVER HAS ANY GENERATION ON EARTH SEEN SUCH THINGS.  IF THE TIME WASN'T SHORTENED EVEN GODS ELECT WOULD BE FOOLED, THAT IS HOW GOOD HE IS AT 'PLAYING GOD'.  

Daniel 11:35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end because it is yet for a time appointed.

Revelation 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Daniel 11:36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished for that that is determined shall be done.

Daniel 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god for he shall magnify himself above all.

Daniel 11:38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

Daniel 11:39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

Daniel 11:40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

Daniel 11:41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.

Daniel 11:42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

Daniel 11:43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.

Daniel 11:44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

Daniel 11:45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

15 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

You will see when you get to Heaven, all Eschatology you traded in was in error. 

BUT I will be able to POINT TO HIS WORDS for all that I believe.  There will be no 'hath God said' or 'what He really meant' or 'shall not touch it' in what I shared, nor will there ever be the 'you use to much Scripture', nor will there be much in the way of the wisdom and knowledge of men.  Also there will be no time where I tried to divide what He brought together, or told anyone there was stuff 'hidden' they couldn't see and so would be 'left behind', and I will have never asked anyone who was obviously saved if they were saved,  nor tried to make a lamb feel bad because I saw the difference between us as that of a 5th grader and Einstein.  I have not once ever believed in any GOD other than the living God and never once have had a doubt as to the reality of HIM.  I have never even tried to find out what other religions believe or why because I have not one doubt and never have.  I have prayed with a river of tears that I never put forth anything but HIS words His truth HIS Glory.  

So yes, when we get to heaven hopefully His WILL will have been done and  and His desire be accomplished.  PRAISE YE THE LORD

7 hours ago, Diaste said:

On Kislew (Nov.-Dec.) 25, 168, the "abomination of desolation" (http://d3sva65x0i5hnc.cloudfront.net/V01p635001.jpg, Dan. xi. 31, xii. 11) was set up on the altar of burnt offering in the Temple, and the Jews required to make obeisance to it. This was probably the Olympian Zeus, or Baal Shamem"

It's an important part of history reflecting directly on eschatology. We are told we can understand it by looking at past prophecy and the past fulfillment of that prophecy.  Hence, Daniel's info on the A of D and the fulfillment should be noted.

This is what results.

"the transformation, by Antiochus Epiphanes, of the sacred Temple at Jerusalem into a heathen one."

You can read more here: https://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/353-abomination-of-desolation

The Dan 11 mention occurred in 169-167 BC. Rome put a stop to Antiochus IV Epiphanes march to Alexandria and furious Antiochus went back to Syria, stopping along the way in 167 BC to profane the Temple and persecute the Jews. 

Was this a temple the Jews just set up on their own?  

Here is what I never see anyone take into consideration and I don't know why they don't.

The Lev 26 prophecy was brought forth in Daniel.  ALL of that WOULD HAVE taken place IF THE KINGDOM WOULD have come into being.  BUT the Kingdom and King rejected, Jesus prophecy of the temple destroyed, would revert us back to the times of the Lev 26 prophecy UNLESS there is something written telling us that 'in a hundred years' another temple would be built etc.   SHY of something written the rest becomes MANS HISTORY and not GODS STORY so I PERSONALLY can't/don't/won't take things that men do on their own and count them as prophecy fulfilled.  Does that make sense to you?   BECAUSE if we were allowed 'SET' times ourselves, then it wouldn't really be about what is written.  

When Jesus mentions the AOD it is in the CONTEXT of the end times which FOLLOW the beginning of sorrows.  WERE there wars and rumors of wars that took place in those 100 years?  Were there nations coming upon nations?  Famine, pestilence, earthquakes, signs in the sky, fallen angels, Satan performing lying signs and wonders BECAUSE IF NOT, it isn't GODS TRUTH, is it?  

It reminds me of those who say because of the cloven tongues on Pentecost JOELS prophecy was fulfilled.  Doesn't matter none of the other things were, that was good enough for them.   BUT because I believe Gods Word is perfect, it's all or nothing.  Unless there is something written that changes that.  

So I understand how people want to use history I just think when doing so it can be very seductive to a fix Gods words to mans events.  Maybe that is why I don't read history.  I know that once the kingdom was rejected it was back to the Lev 26 curse that had to take place and that there wasn't going to be 100  or 500 or even only 1900 of the last 2000 years in which the 'whosoever' woulds would be coming to faith and anything that stops that process that doesn't also end the age, can't be truth, IN MY OPINION.   But if you can work out all of Gods word with that belief then who is to say I am right and you are wrong?  Not me, that's for sure.