missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Advertised as the most beautiful twins in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clements_twins

What do you think about that? What kind of life will they lead?

20220606-194927-our_days.jpg.784bb3ac83f958f42dcbab7cc1fda059.jpg

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/10/2022 at 12:25 PM, missmuffet said:

Advertised as the most beautiful twins in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clements_twins

What do you think about that? What kind of life will they lead?

20220606-194927-our_days.jpg.784bb3ac83f958f42dcbab7cc1fda059.jpg

What do I think about that?  Here's what I think:  Nothing.  The most beautiful women I've met in my lifetime were also the most ugliest people I ever met.  Physical beauty does not impress me one iota.

Edited by Workman
  • Well Said! 2

1 hour ago, Workman said:

What do I think about that?  Here's what I think:  Nothing.  The prettiest women I've met in my lifetime were also the most ugliest people I ever met.  Physical beauty does not impress me one iota.

These girls are going to think their whole life that beauty on the outside is what is most important. It is sad that the parents are living off the beauty of their twins.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The saddest part of all this is that they are not allowed to have a normal life.  I'm sure they just want to grow up and be "normal".  THey will soon realize they are slaves because of their looks.  Who is doing this?  Adults ...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, OneLight said:

The saddest part of all this is that they are not allowed to have a normal life.  I'm sure they just want to grow up and be "normal".  THey will soon realize they are slaves because of their looks.  Who is doing this?  Adults ...

Yes

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Ironically, I don't consider those twins even physically attractive.  They look like dullards.  No personality or brains, you can see it in their expression. 

Edited by Workman

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,279
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

No one can judge a book by its cover alone.

No one chose the circumstances of their birth:

Not what they look like, nor who their parents shall be. Whether they are born into wealth or poverty, love or fear; plenty or scarcity, health or illness.

No matter who we are, our souls belong to the Lord. Every soul belongs to Him whether we are comely or homely, great or small. We know nothing by the images of those girls alone, for who knows the measure of a life? Only the Lord who created us all.

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.68
  • Days Won:  149

Since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, no one can stake this claim for everyone in the world , so this is  an ADVERTISEMENT. What is an advertisement? It's a sell. The product isn't them, the product is what their handlers hope they can sell using them. When women buy dresses do they seek a model's face or body? Or are they there to see how that dress might look on THEM?

These young girls are a marketing commodity. Many famous child stars have gone to the dogs as a result of having been thrown into a strict regimented schedule while other children lead more normal lives. Lots of money at a young age can lead to a very distorted view of the world, so while it looks like they are successful, really they likely have the chips stacked against them for normal adjustment. If one of them gets a pimple or begins to gain weight imagine the pressure.

Look at poor Brittany Spears and the clamp her father had over her. She was nothing more than a money mule for them.

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt no matter what they look like and when I went looking for my wife looks was not the main criteria ( although I ended up with a beautiful woman regardless). Only a shallow man will regard mainly looks on a woman. A good HEART is far far more important. If you met a woman especially gifted in both areas you are truly blessed. True beauty comes from the inside of a person.

I have no opinions either for or against a person based on their appearance, although if I were looking for a mate, an especially good looking woman would be seen as an obstacle because they sometimes think they are better in some way and they sometimes use their looks as a card to pull. Never been a problem for me because the models never ran after me ha ha. A good looking woman would need to prove she had some substance other than her looks. It's  important to note that at a certain age everything flops and drops and at some point no amount of make up or plastic surgery is going to keep one eternally young, so men you had better fall in love with a person, not a body. That chick that was so used to being noticed will have to deal with the fact that she no longer sticks out in a crowd. We all go from an attractant to a repellent eventually. That's one of the nice things about being older. No facades any more. Just stay off of the nude beaches or you'll give everyone nightmares for life.

These are still young girls. Maybe they make a few dollars and get out of it. Get a balanced view of reality.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,279
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

As a dear and wonderful sister in the Lord related to me, it's not necessary to share everything all the time. We share only what is needful and good for the season at hand, knowing that all things will be revealed in the end when we all stand before the Son of the living God. What is that measure of a life lived? We don't know as we ought to, but the time comes when we shall know as we ourselves are known. 

Beautiful is not what it seems and, in this way, it's indistinguishable from what many consider to be the opposite. I mean every word when I write that no one chooses their appearance but, in this world where appearances are everything, one is judged according to how they appear in the eyes of others. Both the comely and the homely are thereby sentenced according to that appearance and as I learned due to the circumstances of my own birth, others who didn't know me believed that I had everything when in truth, I was desolate and had nothing at all. 

Beauty is an illusion, a trick of the eye and a glamor for those who are easily deceived by what the eye sees. All manner of assumptions are made according to how one looks; when I was young, a friend's mother declared, "I bet the girls chase you at school!" but I was speechless at this, for I didn't understand why anyone would say such a thing. I devoted all of my energy to being invisible and unnoticed by everyone, for I despised myself. And why not, for I lived in fear of when the hammer would fall. Therefore, I learned how to be invisible... how to move through a crowd and escape the eye, and how to evade the grasp of those who happened to notice me. One moment I'm there and the next, I'm gone. 

It was how I survived and by the time I escaped that house of pain, I was skilled at remaining unseen and evading the clutches of those who would use me to their own ends. The drill instructors in Army Basic Training had to look at my name tag in order to know my name. Even then, I'm only a man so my own skill and craftiness went so far; I invariably captured the attention of some who pursued me relentlessly. They wanted something from me which I wasn't willing to give and even before the Lord called me from this world, I learned what it meant to resist temptation. 

Money? Possessions? Adoration? All of this could be mine so long as I yielded what they wanted. Was it so hard for me to do when it was so easy? 

No. It was impossible, for this world harbored nothing that I desired. Nothing was worth giving that which I never knew I had, until someone came along to tell me that I possessed it. When I learned of this, it was a horrible thing and I cried out at the injustice placed around my neck. I only ever wanted to be left alone, my friends. Because I was good at remaining unseen, I was left alone; when I was left alone, then I could lead this life I never chose to live without waiting for the hammer to fall. I was programmed from the day I was born to live in such a way, and there's no better place to escape the eyes of others than the wilderness. I spent as much as time as I could in the wild places. 

Beautiful is empty so when I look upon the image of those who are considered comely by others, I sometimes weep for them. I weep because they never asked to be born in such a way! The assumption is that one who is beautiful on the outside has it made, but nothing could be further from the truth. When others want something from you, it's no different from when others want nothing to do with you. When they saw me, they thought I should be theirs... so when the Lord brought me low and took everything away, He removed those burdens I had carried for so long until all that was left was the only thing I truly had to give: my life. 

Not my looks. Not my talent with words and music... not my ability to charm a crowd... but that life which the Lord God had given to me to live. When our Father brought me to a place where I was disfigured and my talents were a memory, that is when my life in Jesus Christ truly began. The Lord has blessed me beyond measure for He showed me what beautiful really is... and it's nothing that this world of men desires. 

There are no words to describe that beauty which I have seen. But one day, when we stand before the Son of God, it will be known to us all just as we are known by Him. :) 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Well Said! 2