• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,010
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

This passage got my interest this morning.

John 20:30-31  Therefore Jesus did many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book;  (31)  but these are written, that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in his name.

There is a dialogue between Jesus and Thomas that precedes the last words of John's Gospel.

John 20:26-27  After eight days again his disciples were inside, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, the doors being locked, and stood in the middle, and said, “Peace be to you.”  (27)  Then he said to Thomas, “Reach here your finger, and see my hands. Reach here your hand, and put it into my side. Don’t be unbelieving, but believing.”

As I was studying the context of these passages I noticed how the progression of John's narrative from the report of the resurrection of Christ to His appearing first to Mary Magdalene then to the disciples minus Thomas, builds to the Lord Himself exhorting Thomas to believe, and peaks with the glorious conclusion that belief in Jesus as the Christ means life in His Name.

Worth mentioning huh . . . !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

belief in Jesus as the Christ means life in His Name.

Worth mentioning huh . . . !

Amen!

“Without faith no one can please God. Whoever comes to God must believe that he is real and that he rewards those who sincerely try to find him.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:6‬ ‭ERV‬‬

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  20

I just finished up a study of the Book of Revelation.  This time it had so much more of an impact on me than previous times. 

Jesus said many, many, many, times "Believe in me!" Here are just a few:

John 14:1 -  Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God ; believe also in me.

John 12:44 -  Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me.

John 7:38 - Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.

Our belief in Him is such an amazing and wonderful spiritual relationship and increases by the power of the Holy Spirit.  The more we learn and believe the more sound our faith becomes.  I remember in my younger years those doubts, like Thomas had, would pop into my mind but I would seek and find the added faith to keep moving on in my walk with Him.  Four decades have passed and I still seek daily and add more faith into my heart, mind, soul, and spirit even more so now with all that is going on in the world.  I feel it is time to increase that faith more and more so that we are not needlessly concerned of the second death.  

Revelation 20:14 - Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Revelation 2:11 - Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Revelation 20:6 - Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Revelation 21:8 - But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

To be spared of the wrath of God is a good thing but is only available by faith through belief in Jesus Christ the Son of God.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

21 hours ago, debrakay said:

I just finished up a study of the Book of Revelation.  This time it had so much more of an impact on me than previous times. 

Jesus said many, many, many, times "Believe in me!" Here are just a few:

John 14:1 -  Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God ; believe also in me.

John 12:44 -  Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me.

John 7:38 - Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.

Our belief in Him is such an amazing and wonderful spiritual relationship and increases by the power of the Holy Spirit.  The more we learn and believe the more sound our faith becomes.  I remember in my younger years those doubts, like Thomas had, would pop into my mind but I would seek and find the added faith to keep moving on in my walk with Him.  Four decades have passed and I still seek daily and add more faith into my heart, mind, soul, and spirit even more so now with all that is going on in the world.  I feel it is time to increase that faith more and more so that we are not needlessly concerned of the second death.  

Revelation 20:14 - Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Revelation 2:11 - Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Revelation 20:6 - Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Revelation 21:8 - But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

To be spared of the wrath of God is a good thing but is only available by faith through belief in Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Good post actually, debrakay.

The last words of John in his other works are worthy of mention here also:

1 John 5:13  These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

3 John 1:13-14  I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto you:  (14)  But I trust I shall shortly see you, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute you. Greet the friends by name.

Rev 22:17-21  And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.  (18)  For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;  (19)  and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.  (20)  He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!  (21)  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

We are Free as these Three decree:

• The Gospel according to John
  • The Three Epistles of John
  • The Revelation of Jesus Christ made known to John
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

“Yes, we believe in Jesus deep in our hearts, and so we are made right with God. And we openly say that we believe in him, and so we are saved.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:10‬ ‭

• Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Hopefully said:

“Yes, we believe in Jesus deep in our hearts, and so we are made right with God. And we openly say that we believe in him, and so we are saved.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:10‬ ‭

Good references from you, Hopefully. Thanks for your input.

Rom 10:8-11  But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth, and in your heart;” that is, the word of faith, which we preach:  (9)  that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  (10)  For with the heart, one believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  (11)  For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in him will not be disappointed.”

I find it interesting that belief unto righteousness is with the heart. 

Matthew Henry writes that "concerning faith it is with the heart that man believes, which implies more than an assent of the understanding, and takes in the consent of the will, an inward, hearty, sincere, and strong consent".

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

9 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I find it interesting that belief unto righteousness is with the heart. 

Here are some more verses about the heart:

“A true Jew is one who is a Jew inside. True circumcision is done in the heart. It is done by the Spirit, not by the written law. And anyone who is circumcised in the heart by the Spirit gets praise from God, not from people.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:29‬ ‭

“Deep in the hearts of the wicked a voice tells them to do wrong. They have no respect for God.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭36:1‬ 

“Since you are now God’s children, he has sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts. The Spirit cries out, “Abba, Father.””
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭

“That’s how we know we belong to the way of truth. And when our hearts make us feel guilty, we can still have peace before God, because God is greater than our hearts. He knows everything.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:19-20‬ 

• Praise God! 2

8 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Here are some more verses about the heart:

“A true Jew is one who is a Jew inside. True circumcision is done in the heart. It is done by the Spirit, not by the written law. And anyone who is circumcised in the heart by the Spirit gets praise from God, not from people.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:29‬ ‭

“Deep in the hearts of the wicked a voice tells them to do wrong. They have no respect for God.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭36:1‬ 

“Since you are now God’s children, he has sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts. The Spirit cries out, “Abba, Father.””
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭

“That’s how we know we belong to the way of truth. And when our hearts make us feel guilty, we can still have peace before God, because God is greater than our hearts. He knows everything.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:19-20‬ 

Yes, it is heartwarming to fellowship with uplifting Scriptures.

Just recently I heard David Jeremiah preaching about God's Love and how He doesn't act coldly to force people to love Him because forced love isn't true heartfelt love.

As evidence of His love God leads to repentance, . . . but not all are willing to follow:

Rom 2:4-11  Or do you despise the riches of his goodness, forbearance, and patience, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?  (5)  But according to your hardness and unrepentant heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath, revelation, and of the righteous judgment of God;  (6)  who “will pay back to everyone according to their works:”  (7)  to those who by perseverance in well-doing seek for glory, honor, and incorruptibility, eternal life;  (8)  but to those who are self-seeking, and don’t obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, will be wrath and indignation,  (9)  oppression and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.  (10)  But glory, honor, and peace go to every man who does good, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.  (11)  For there is no partiality with God.

• Praise God! 2

2 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Yes, it is heartwarming to fellowship with uplifting Scriptures.

Just recently I heard David Jeremiah preaching about God's Love and how He doesn't act coldly to force people to love Him because forced love isn't true heartfelt love.

Amen! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Michael

Beautifully said, all of it and Hopefully adding Scripture to compliment yours- lovely!

I'd like to add what Paul said as well to the Ephesians (1:18) speaking of the eyes of the heart, that our hearts Receive the Knowledge - that we may Believe.... With the softening of the heart we see and Believe Who Jesus is

I read an interesting article by John Piper, I don't know anything about him but I liked what he had to say about the Eyes of the heart, eyes of Understanding and provides references to Scripture.. If you care to read it

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/how-god-opens-the-eyes-of-the-heart

With love in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1