church hopping

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

This is a funny story from a christian book im reading. What do you think.

Screenshot 2022-07-01 074546.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,131
  • Content Per Day:  9.63
  • Days Won:  149

This would be funny if it were not true.

Pastors feel a special responsibility for their flocks, and may be a little less prone to see some of the problems, or might overlook some of it as just "church stuff", so I could see a discussion like this between two pastors as maybe minimalizing the issues or placing them on the person who left.

It goes both ways. Some churches should be vacated. At other times the fault lies with the person attending.

There is no biblical mandate to stay with one church for life. Many do for the sake of the ties. Neither is it a sin to leave a church if it isn't what the attendee needs.

I have left churches because It was my fault. Other times I left it was a valid concern.The Lord sometimes uses these things to grow both pastors and attendees.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,044
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

Then there's the story about the lone Christian sailor whose boat sunk near a deserted island which he was able to swim to.

After some days he established he was the only person on the island so set about building a shelter. Once that was finished he decided he needed a place of worship so he built a small church near his hut. 

When he was rescued some months later his rescuers said we see you have built a hut and a church here but what is that building down the other end of the beach?

The lone Christian replied, "Oh that's the other church I had to build for myself after I had to leave the first one." 

• Haha 4