• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Hi,

I have an honest question.

Do you think it is right for someone to be offering Christian counsel/advice to others (on how to handle situations in a Godly way, how to be a Godly parent, etc.) when their own “house” is in disarray? I’m not talking about the  sin we all have in our lives day to day but more like major, long-term, unaddressed issues of unrepentance like being unjust to their children or estranged from their own children with no attempt to reconcile, etc. 

HopeInHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

45 minutes ago, HopeInHim said:

Hi,

I have an honest question.

Do you think it is right for someone to be offering Christian counsel/advice to others (on how to handle situations in a Godly way, how to be a Godly parent, etc.) when their own “house” is in disarray? I’m not talking about the  sin we all have in our lives day to day but more like major, long-term, unaddressed issues of unrepentance like being unjust to their children or estranged from their own children with no attempt to reconcile, etc. 

HopeInHim

If they are being honest saying don't do what we did, which was....

Then yes, it is possible to learn from others mistakes.

If they are not being honest, then no.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I wonder (and I’m genuinely asking) How can there be accountability for a situation such as this on a Christian message board such as this one, where people can portray themselves to others however they want to without letting anyone know the true details of their life? There are some Christian people who do not attend a church and also have not allowed any other Christians who might hold them accountable, or challenge them, into relationship in their lives. Then they come to a Christian message board for “fellowship” on their terms.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,825
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, HopeInHim said:

I wonder (and I’m genuinely asking) How can there be accountability for a situation such as this on a Christian message board such as this one, where people can portray themselves to others however they want to without letting anyone know the true details of their life? There are some Christian people who do not attend a church and also have not allowed any other Christians who might hold them accountable, or challenge them, into relationship in their lives. Then they come to a Christian message board for “fellowship” on their terms.

Sometimes, you take things online with a grain of salt.  We can usually see the legitimacy in some people's posts.  The sincerity and those who use scripture and use it correctly.

And we can usually see when people are insincere, wrong, or giving bad advice.

Otherwise, don't worry about it.  Use your common sense to separate the wheat from the chaff.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Probably not, but God can still use those people according to His will to work in the hearts and lives of others. And we do not know other's journeys; God's work of sanctification takes different forms and lengths of time with everyone. I will also say that some who fellowship online and not at a physical church do so out of necessity, due to health problems (me), or living where there isn't a good body of believers around, etc. All of this merely to remind us all to show grace and humility to each other.

• Well Said! 1