• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

He is meant to be a poor one because he can't influnence the world...being so important...

:noidea:

That's rumors......not mine....

I think he is slightly weak.....I've been reading about Booker T Washington...how he emphasised and captivated his audience, and changed so, so many....

When he (G. B) adresses people....there is not spark in him....I wish he'd shout the place down like the old Presidents and shout out to all the desperate world..."WE ARE NOT PUTTING UP WITH TERROISTS!!!!!"

But I suppose that's out of fashion.....

I'm not lambasting him....I'm just saying he could be more influencal...(is that how you spell it?)

Plz don't think I'm having a go...ok? :emot-handshake:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Okay Yomo, maybe you are seeing something I am not. When he is addressing us, I get pumped up because he pumps me up when he speaks. But hey, what ever.

I see your piont, Cons, but compared to the strong, Godly men before him, he certainly lacks fire, and spark.

But he does do good reading. :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/31/1968

He is meant to be a poor one because he can't influnence the world...being so important...

That's rumors......not mine....

I think he is slightly weak.....I've been reading about Booker T Washington...how he emphasised and captivated his audience, and changed so, so many....

When he (G. B) adresses people....there is not spark in him....I wish he'd shout the place down like the old Presidents and shout out to all the desperate world..."WE ARE NOT PUTTING UP WITH TERROISTS!!!!!"

But I suppose that's out of fashion.....

I'm not lambasting him....I'm just saying he could be more influencal...(is that how you spell it?)

Plz don't think I'm having a go...ok? :emot-handshake:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah...Don't worry, I'm not here to argue anyway...Even though I am an "extorter" (ahem)

I understand what you're saying and I do agree somewhat.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

Bush needs our prayers daily.... not just once in a while but each and every day for he is being attacked every time he turns arround....

you know some one loves the Lord and trys to do what the Lord wants by the attacks they receive from the spirit world... from our enemy....

we are to lift our leaders up to the Lord daily.... city, county, state and national....

mike

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

You know, I've said this before, and maybe it bears repeating. I just don't think that we, as common citizens, quite understand the kind of pressures that high political offices hold. Politicians have to try to be all things to all people, and at the same time keep their constituancy happy for the next election.

I know that a lot of Christians and Chrsitian conservatives want George Bush to act more like the pope, but acting too religious is political suicide. However, if you look at his presidency in comparison with others, Bush has always taken heat for being too Christian. So it's really a no-win situation for the brother. On the one hand he's accused of being too religtious and giving preference to the "Christian conservative base" and on the other hand the "Christian conservative base" accuses him of not being Christian enough!

In your daily work environment do you run around the office screaming, "I'M A CHRISTIAN" every opportunity you get? When you stand in front of a room full of co-workers to give a presentation, or if you're giving a presentation to some clients, do you talk about your Christianity? In fact, when you're on company time do you walk around the office talking about your faith? Or do people at your office know your a Christian because of your manner of living and your attitude?

Well, the President of the United States is at work all the time. He is being watched on all sides, in every spectrum. His entire life is laid out before the world. How would you like that? How would your "Christianity" hold up against those kinds of pressures?

:emot-handshake: Good post.

I understand, however, he needs to have more "OOMPH" in him, when dealing with the things he's dealing with.

Look at Katrina!!!!!

Where was he????

That's NOT for debate here, but he needs to be more of a spark to the nation....

Why did all the great men of old get remembered, and are told to us all these years later???

Because they CHANGED the world. :24:

They inspired people!

They followed God!

(Most of them did.)

I understand that G B is looked at all angles but he needs more "OOPH".......

But I love him all the same!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Why did all the great men of old get remembered, and are told to us all these years later???

It's not that in history great men get remembered, it's that they get remembered for certain things. Richard Nixon was perhaps the best international statesman that we've had as President. He is credited with "opening the door to China." Yet people will always remember him for the Watergate scandal. Ronald Reagan was a great President also, and a very sincere lover of the Lord. Yet he's remembered for Iran Contra. John F. Kennedy is remembered as a great President all around, but folks most often remember that he had an affair with Marilyn Monroe, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and, of course, the whole conspiracy surrounding his assassination.

The list probably goes on and on like this. History is constantly being revised, and young people your age are being fed so much misinformation, it's really just a toss up on how George Bush will be remembered. Chances are, however, that few young people your age will remember anything really important about the man, and it may very well be that he will be painted as one of the worse Presidents this country has ever had.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/02/1960

Just to answer the initial question and confirm what someone else stated, Mr. Bush is a member of the United Methodist Church.

From reports and stories that I've heard in the Church, George Bush does have a genuine love of God. He prays daily and many times in public.

He may not always make the best decision, and IMO he does make plenty of mistakes, but aren't we ALL human and have weaknesses. This is why we ALL must pray for ALL of our leaders. Whether we agree with their policies or not, or whether we are of the same party or not. It is our duty as Christians.

Our criticisms of our leaders will spiritually weaken the hedge of protection and angellic influence around our leadership and open up the door for the evil one to be more effective, rather than allowing God to be more effective in the lives of these men and women.

Pray that Mr. Bush and all our leadership will allow themselves to be led by the Spirit of God instead of entirely on human reasoning.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I would hate to be in his shoes at times. He has to deal with the war, office, the nation as a whole and all of the crap from everyone. He must have an endless suppy of motrin at home.