• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

God-man,

I am a Family Physician.

Cats,

Well, uh, ok. Its just thats its the common cold of sleep disorders. But if your gunnin' for a demon just watch out for crossfire. A sleep study would be very insightful.

- Dr. Steve

• 1 month later...
Guest Persephone

What you describe is a very common type of sleep disorder known as "sleep paralysis". It is sometimes associated with narcolepsy but not always. In any case it usually involves some kind of stress related incident or sleep deprivation and the brainwave cycles do not totally complete their normal cycle. What happens is that you enter into REM (rapid eye movement..dreamstate) far too quickly when falling asleep instead of completing your total amount of non REM sleep first. A normal sleep cycle usuall takes about 90 minutes to enter into your first REM (dreamstate) sleep. REM sleep is then combined with beta corticle activity (waking consciousness) and produces hallucinogenic responses... "hypnogogic" while falling asleep. It also produces the ability to realize that your motor function has been shut down... a very normal thing that happens to everyone when they dream so that they don't run around and act out their dreams physically. Its just that most people are not awake enough to realize the motor part of the brain is supressed at that time so its not normally an issue. Many people report extreme fear during these episodes and very alarming imagry that can be described as you say. Auditory hallucinations are very common during this bizarre sleep state as well....also a sense of flying, moving very quickly, roaring noises, buzzing noizes, out of body experiences, lucid dreaming etc.... I would encourage you to not put too much religious meaning behind this, it is a very common thing that happens to quite a few people who simply learn how to deal with it. For some its a reoccuring phenomena for others it only happens a few times. Some people learn to have fun with this sleep state and embark on a whole new world of dream control and lucid dreaming. The trick is to relax as much as possible instead of fighting it and you will eventually wake from it.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

My first question to you, Bryant is have you participated in any occult activity prior to this nighttime experience?

For instance, have you participated in a seance, tarot cards, astrology reading, palmistry, any form of divination, Dungeons and Dragons or other similar fantasy games, electronic fantasy games, oijia boards, chants, spells, eastern meditation, yoga, {Kundalini is especially dangerous}, or anything which might have opened up demonic "doorways" in your life...

I'd want to know what may have triggered this...it sounds demonic in nature...and fear is a spirit but not from the Lord...He didn't give His children a spirit of fear but of a sound mind.

Fear is a tactic used by Satan to paralyze his enemy and stiffle them from being productive in the Kingdom...

If you cry out to Jesus, He surely hears you but IF you've opened up demonic doorways through occult activity, you need to immediately repent of these former activities, ask the Lord to forgive you of any and all related sins and ask Him to give you the grace to not repeat such sins in the future...

He WILL forgive and He will set you free...He came to set captives free. You sound like a captive needing liberation from these fearful episodes...and Jesus is the only key to such liberation.

Cats, what is Kundalini?? :blink:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Have you seen the movie "They"? Check it out :x:

Guest Teh Wiccan

Yes cat, do tell... Not too familiar with Kundalini....

The scientific explanation for these episodes at night would be sleep paralysis. basically your brain is awake but forgot to wake your body up, and still has it locked down.

I haven't figured out a more spiritual diagnosis yet, haven't found out anything to explain it that way.

Guest Asatru Wiccan

cat, first of all. you need to do some heavy reading in what is occult and was is not. eastern practices, and yoga are not occult. If they are then christianity is also occult. As for your problem bryant, those who said it was a sleeping issue, well their right. it has nothing to do with demons. what your suffering is like a coma, as someone else already said. your mind is awake but your body is not. As for the evil you feel, that in my opinion is just your fears of the unknown, it very common in society to get this feeling once in a while. and i also would agree with what was said, that you should talk to god, don't beg for help, just tell god what's going on. if he don't answer right away, it will help you still by you getting some of those issue that your scared of telling others about, out inthe open with someone, other then yourself.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Here we go again!! :x:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/13/1973

Bryant, can you go into a little more detail with your description? You say that this happens at the beginning of your sleep cycle? When you feel those evil presences, can you hear or see them? If so, what do you hear or see? Is it ever consistent? You may want to check out what this site says about sleep paralysis: http://www.alienresistance.org/makeitstop.htm See if any of their descriptions match yours. I had one of these "hag" experiences before. She was trying to kill me (strangle me). If you are going through this on a regular basis, you have my most sincere sympathy. I think it is significant that the experience seems to end for you when you call out for Jesus which is the best thing you can do in a situation like that. However, I thought this only happened at the end of the sleep cycle. I would agree with whoever it was who suggested a sleep study. This could be revealing if it is purely a physical condition. I would also suggest getting a team of prayer warriors on your side. That never hurts!