• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 11/29/2022 at 3:15 PM, David1701 said:

I notice that very few people are responding to these posts, and that's a very good thing.

James 3:1 (WEB) Let not many of you be teachers, my brothers, knowing that we will receive heavier judgement.

I notice you did not respond to the points made ... due to, (I assume), you cannot ... but the veracity of the point still remains! David your whole system of tulip has been debunked on the very first of build 'total depravity'... which, I think, is poorly named it really should be 'total inability'!  The Calvinist's whole sell begins with, total inability, and that, as I go through Scripture, will certainly be seen as false teaching! The Scripture clearly shows where fallen man can respond to God's Word producing faith 
Romans 10:17 (KJV)

[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

And the Word of God was to be witnessed to every man, woman and child because that is the elective predetermined will of God unto mankind

Mark 16:15-16 (KJV)

[15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

why?

2 Peter 3:9 (KJV)

[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

And as I continue to go through God's Word in it's grammatical, contextual writ this will be seen again and again throughout God's written pages.... and the passage you quoted in James applies to all men that teach even that of yourself...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 11/29/2022 at 6:45 AM, enoob57 said:

1 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV)

[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

God says man in his fallen state can know both good and evil and then God keeps fallen man from choosing to eat from the tree of life and this does not fit what the Calvinist are teaching...   Fallen man knows both good and evil and can desire the things of God (tree of life).

Paul is not stating a Law, he is pointing to a condition,

for which Christ has already given us the remedy.

Mark 10:15 Verily I say unto you,

Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child,

he shall not enter therein.

It is not simply a willingness to choose,

but a heart made right to receive.

1 minute ago, Mr. M said:

A different word is used here, that means "have no room for".

Matthew 19:11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying,

save they to whom it is given.

This is addressed similarly here:

John 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me,

because my word hath no place in you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 minute ago, Mr. M said:

and that is accomplished through the means of Scripture
Ephesians 1:13 (KJV)

[13] In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The onus is upon man to respond to His Word...

• Well Said! 1

30 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The onus is upon man to respond to His Word...

...with humility.

Philippians 2:1-4

Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ,

if any comfort of love,

if any fellowship of the Spirit,

if any affection and mercy,  

fulfill my joy by being like-minded,

having the same love, 

being of one accord,

of one mind.  

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit,

but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others

better than himself. Let each of you look out

not only for his own interests,

but also for the interests of others.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, David1701 said:

<sigh>

If anyone genuinely cannot see through this drivel, please let me know and I'll respond substantively.

I have no desire to discuss this with you, enoob, because you keep repeating the same egregious errors and will not receive correction.

This seems scholarship at its finest for you... your personal comment without any substance seems only valuable to you ....

Gen 3:23-24

23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
KJV
Dead spiritually having only his soul relying on senses through body to determine truth... Adam and Eve are expelled from God's excellent garden and the tree of life...

Gen 4:1
4 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD
KJV
We know offspring as we know it has begun... only males are listed in linage and wives must also come the same avenue...
Gen 3:20
20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
KJV

they both would live hundreds of years so a great many children were born by them...

Gen 4:2
2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

KJV
The first two boys chose different means (both necessary) to provide food for themselves due to the curse of Adam's sin
Gen 3:17-19
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

KJV
The death of animals would have been handed down to the boys because of sin and their shame of nakedness... Abel chose to care for that provision God had made and Cain gardening 'tiller of the ground'...

Gen 4:3-5
3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. 4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

KJV
Spiritually we know:
Hebrews 9:22 (KJV)
[22] And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Hebrews 10:4 (KJV)
[4] For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins
so why was God pleased with Abel's and not with Cain... what was in the boys hearts in this offering?  I have had animals that took time and attention in their care and in that process a bond would have developed... you see this today how some people hold their pets in better regard than their children. I know that to kill that animal in a knife to the throat and watch it struggle to live as it bled out would be personal cost... I can't remember a time when cutting up vegetables a weeping occurred... I believe it is here where God had respect to Abel's and not to Cain's... plus with the completed Scripture we know God's relating to the Sacrifice He, Himself, would undergo with The Son... and The Son unto The Father... Now seeing God had no respect for Cain's offering he becomes mad at his brother... make sense out of that and you're a better man than I...

• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

This seems scholarship at its finest for you... your personal comment without any substance seems only valuable to you ....

You appear to be allowed to keep posting rubbish, while anyone who calls you out has his post deleted.  I've had enough of it.  Since no-one is dealing with you, or seems to care, I'll leave you to your own devices.

I've spent some time, in the past, showing you where you are wrong.  You have simply kept on repeating the same old canards, apparently ignoring the correction.  It's a waste of everyone's time.

You are not a teacher and should not be trying to teach.  I've warned you about this several times.  Please take it to heart.  This is not a game.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 8/2/2022 at 9:07 AM, enoob57 said:

This study is to reveal the place God's Word is to be in one's heart:
Beginning in Genesis:
Genesis 1:1 (KJV)

[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

and again

John 1:1-3 (KJV)

[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

[2] The same was in the beginning with God.

[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.

God sets the stage so that all may know that God is

Romans 1:20 (KJV)

[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The important 1st build upon the foundation of God's Word is to accept what God says above all else ... case in point- many will say there is no God >BUT< what has God said?  This is where the rubber meets the road and we should immediately recognize the attack and the nature of it... The created thing which is existing by The Very Word it exists by says- 'there is no God' yet God says 'They are without excuse'...  We, the ones trying to place God's Word as reason of all else, are left with the first test... Do we give into the lie and believe they believe there is no God or do we believe God Who has said of them= 'just being brought into existence in my creation they have known I AM'...  or better if God is not going to give them an excuse, should we? Let's say you realize a lie but give it a place like this- in your own mind you say they really don't believe there is a God... have you delt with it properly? The answer is you have went upon your own intellect and have given place to lie... whereas you could have stationed yourself upon the foundation of God and say- they may be filled with lie now but God will take them to the place, hidden now within themselves by lies, where they realized God was by what He has made ...  this is enough for us to begin discussion I think... as we will progress further after this point has been chewed a bit by us all...

The central theme of the written, inspired Word of God is the Living and Eternal Word Himself..............

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/9/2023 at 7:50 PM, farouk said:

The central theme of the written, inspired Word of God is the Living and Eternal Word Himself..............

Exactly...
The Creative Word, Jesus... The Written Word, Jesus... The Living Word, Jesus... 

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

John 17:17
“Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.”

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

1 Peter 1:23
Since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God.

1 Peter 2:2
Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation.

1 Thessalonians 2:13
And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.

2 Peter 3:16
As he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Acts 17:11
Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Deuteronomy 8:3
And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Hebrews 1:3
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

Isaiah 55:11
“So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.”

James 1:21
Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

James 1:22
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 10:35
“If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken.”

John 12:48
“The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.”

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

John 15:3
“Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.”

John 15:7
“If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”

John 16:13
“When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.”

John 6:63
“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.”

John 7:38
“Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”

John 8:47
“Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

Matthew 24:35
“Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.”

Matthew 4:4
But he answered, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

Psalm 119:11
I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Psalm 119:130
The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.

Psalm 119:160
The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.

Psalm 119:18
Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.

Psalm 119:9
How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.

Psalm 33:4
For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.

Romans 10:17
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Romans 15:4
For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.