• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 2/12/2024 at 9:45 PM, Anne2 said:

I messed it up so bad I deleted the whole thing LOL.

I will leave this as it relates to what enoob said.

bolding some points

Acts 7:2  And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,
3  And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.
4  Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.
5  And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.
6  And God spake on this wise, That his seed should sojourn in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and entreat them evil four hundred years.
7  And the nation to whom they shall be in bondage will I judge, said God: and after that shall they come forth, and serve me in this place.

Hi @Anne2 I do think that for the believer in the Lord Jesus today things relate most of all to a spiritual inheritance by faith in the One Who is 'appointed heir of all things' (Hebrews 1).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, farouk said:

Hi @Anne2 I do think that for the believer in the Lord Jesus today things relate most of all to a spiritual inheritance by faith in the One Who is 'appointed heir of all things' (Hebrews 1).

Yes, I do believe that is what the new covenant is. The New testament/covenant scripture is the teaching of this for grace through faith.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 2/13/2024 at 11:08 AM, Anne2 said:

I don't know, as I tend to amillennialism myself.

This sets you and I miles apart in the understanding of Scripture... That is why I comment further...

Gen 13:1-6

13 And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the south.

2 And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.

3 And he went on his journeys from the south even to Bethel, unto the place where his tent had been at the beginning, between Bethel and Hai;

4 Unto the place of the altar, which he had made there at the first: and there Abram called on the name of the LORD.

5 And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.

6 And the land was not able to bear them, that they might dwell together: for their substance was great, so that they could not dwell together.
KJV
It is interesting to note where Abraham did not separate from his family totally ... God separated them by abundance of animals.

Gen 13:7-11

7 And there was a strife between the herdmen of Abram's cattle and the herdmen of Lot's cattle: and the Canaanite and the Perizzite dwelled then in the land.

8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.

9 Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.

10 And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar.

11 Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other.
KJV
It is also a place to note that the best of the land Lot chose would become the worst of the land in the practice of sin... noting the two hearts Lot choosing what was best and Abraham wanting him to have that choice...

Matthew 7:16 (KJV)

[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

[17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

[18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

God sums up the whole of His Word by love for Him foremost then thy neighbor as thyself... We see this in Abraham toward Lot... by having the whole council of God (completed canon of Scripture) we are even able to see deeply into the realities that exist...

• Loved it! 1

Gen 13:12-13

12 Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom.

13 But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.
KJV
Places that offer much in the world's goods are close to the breast of satan... He knows the draw of humanity to things that are pleasing... the greater the rebellion the closer to satan assured...

Gen 13:14-18

14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:

15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

This the most unique promise of God to Abraham in this: the promise of forever to that which is set to be totally and completely destroyed by fire  (NO)... remember Abraham's heart in his search for that of God:
Hebrews 11:8 (KJV)

[8] By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

[9] By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

[10] For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

We understand the forever is tied with everlasting life for those who pursue the things of God and whose heart is untied from that which does not continue... the considerations go deeply into the fact 
Revelation 20:11 (KJV)
[11] And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them

John 14:2 (KJV)
[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
[3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also

Revelation 21:1 (KJV)
[21:1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea

Truly the Word of God is s/Spirit and Life... and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...

16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

18 Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD.
KJV
Surely our need to worship God is overwhelmed by the completed canon of all that God wanted us to know and reflection of the heart that contains that knowledge, practiced, is the assurance of being known by Jesus... the portable alter tag-> we are it...