• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

That is good Christian advise. 

I don’t understand Christians who think it best or morally superior to not vote at all. 

If you have kids don’t you care about the situation you are leaving for them to have to live in?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

Another litmus test policy for me as a Christian, other than abortion, is what a candidate’s policy is on Israel. The Bible tells us that those who bless Israel will be blessed and vice versa. If God cares about it, I believe we should too.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

25 minutes ago, HopeInHim said:

I don’t understand Christians who think it best or morally superior to not vote at all. 

If you have kids don’t you care about the situation you are leaving for them to have to live in?

As a Christian in this evil world we have a choice to vote or not to vote. We are just in this world not of this world.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Well i couldn't find a "political" sub forum so am sorry if this was the wrong place to post it but my question was basically about why so many Conservative Christians have always loved Trump so much who may believe in God/Christ but doesn't really openly profess it or witness to others about his "faith",  such as people like Ted Cruz and Mike Pence who both have gotten such a bad rap? I believe he may have once claimed to be a "non-denominational Christian" but he is not at all outspoken about it. Anyway was just curious why everyone is so enamored with him and if he did decide to run again i still would probably end up voting for another Republican candidate, but just my opinion. And also i know he has probably been misjudged and mistreated by some of the things that the Left has been doing but at the same time i just find it very hard to sympathize with a Billionare, but guess that's just me.

I am addressing this to you. Threads that pertain to Donald Trump are not a good thread on Worthy. Past threads regarding Donald Trump have only caused discord. That is why I am putting this thread on ignore. 

11 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

As a Christian in this evil world we have a choice to vote or not to vote. We are just in this world not of this world.

Jesus tells us we are to be salt and light in an evil world. Not to simply ignore it. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  08/08/1970

14 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I have always wondered why so many Christians loved Trump. He has no character, integrity, morals or values. No it is not just you. 

President Donald J. Trump is one of the greatest if not the greatest American Presidents America has ever had, and I do hope he makes it back to the Presidency, which the left is trying everything in their power to stop, because they are afraid of him winning. even going as far as sending the F.B.I. to raid his home.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Reading all your responses and thoughts, you have every right to them, and everyone thinks differently. The way I see it:

Are we Christians to sit on our collective hands and let evil prevail? The Holy Spirit is the "Restrainer," restraining what, evil. The Holy Spirit dwells in every believer, and collectively we are the bride of Christ, the church that is to restrain evil. How do we do that under our form of government? Intercessory prayer, discern, be educated, and with our feet, elect an official that most closely represents our morals and values.

Should the church remain silent, stay out of the affairs of God's ordained government, and let abominations like abortion, gay rights, etc. be the law of the land? As Christians and a church, we also have a choice to share the Gospel or not, follow God's commands or not, and be good stewards or not.  

We are living at the end of time Laodicean church age; what Jesus says about the church's attitude in our day would apply to politics also.

Revelation 3:15 (KJV) I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

As a patriotic American and veteran, I get too heated discussing my secular thoughts on opposing views. Our Salvation was bought and paid for by the blood and sacrifice of Jesus at the Cross. By the providence of God, our freedom and form of government was earned and maintained by the blood, sweat, and tears of so many. Biblically as well as today, freedom is not free.

So, I'll insert a few quotes from those wiser than I:

"We do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." ―Thomas Jefferson, Former U.S. President and Founding Father of the U.S.

"Elections belong to the people. It's their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters."[ii]

― Abraham Lincoln

"Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education."[iii]

― Franklin D. Roosevelt

[ii] Quote by Abraham Lincoln: “Elections belong to the people. It's their .... https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/111213-elections-belong-to-the-people-it-s-their-decision-if-they

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

21 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Well i couldn't find a "political" sub forum so am sorry if this was the wrong place to post it but my question was basically about why so many Conservative Christians have always loved Trump so much who may believe in God/Christ but doesn't really openly profess it or witness to others about his "faith",  such as people like Ted Cruz and Mike Pence who both have gotten such a bad rap? I believe he may have once claimed to be a "non-denominational Christian" but he is not at all outspoken about it. Anyway was just curious why everyone is so enamored with him and if he did decide to run again i still would probably end up voting for another Republican candidate, but just my opinion. And also i know he has probably been misjudged and mistreated by some of the things that the Left has been doing but at the same time i just find it very hard to sympathize with a Billionare, but guess that's just me.

Its called the Halo Effect. If people like one thing about someone, we tend to blind ourselves to the negative aspects of their personality.

Think like how we see someone who is attractive and we ignore how nasty their personality is or when we like a celebrity and refuse to believe the bad things they have done or were accused of- eg like how Michael Jackson's fans protested outside of his trial even though they hadnt heard any evidence or ever met him.

Same thing with Trump, he supported some "Christian" policies and embarassingly,   some Christians blinded their eyes to  or excused the various very unchristianlike things he did

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

21 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I have always wondered why so many Christians loved Trump. He has no character, integrity, morals or values. No it is not just you. 

Why do you say that? Please give me some examples that have been proven. Not just conjecture.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Well i have no problem with someone voting for the best candidate but the thing is once Trump really got rolling then you barely even heard Ted Cruz's name mentioned even by Christians. And i never actually saw the Evangelical voting percentages or if they  are even accurate but i would bet a majority of them voted for Trump simply for his charisma alone and before he had even proved himself, or maybe they just thought Cruz couldn't win, or would have lost to Hillary?  But personally i would feel almost obligated to vote for a professing believer, but that's just me. 

Edited by CaptWalker