• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Yes, it does.  Gods Truth matters.  The wisdom and knowledge of God matter.  The details matter.  And they matter because it is our ARMOR to withstand the fiery darts of Satan.  Do you want a hole in your armor?  

Being in heaven is important but is being in heaven more important than the words of God?  I am not sure how to 'compare' the two to make one more important as they are co dependent aren't the?  

So many people today think we can skip the details like they don't matter, 
 but no matter what we do, if it is something we love and want to do right, and to be sure that we BUILD upon the foundation in a way that wont be BURNT up or blown away, they do, don't you agree?  

I believe because I learned the words of God as directed that God formed the way I think when it comes to His words and I want to make sure I am not trying to have God follow MY RELIGION but I instead FOLLOW HIM and His ways.  

I hope this answers your question and helps in some way.  

Actually I was being a little bit facetious with the first part of my answer meaning if you died in China you'd be on the opposite side of the world. 

But the second part of my answer about being in heaven, if you're in heaven then you've already done all the rest

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.55

6 minutes ago, Dirt Eaters said:

Actually I was being a little bit facetious with the first part of my answer meaning if you died in China you'd be on the opposite side of the world. 

But the second part of my answer about being in heaven, if you're in heaven then you've already done all the rest

I admit, I had no idea what that part was about, and to be honest still don't get it, but that's ok I think.  

Yes, but we still have time to work on what kind of vessel we will be, right?  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Your spirit goes wherever you believe. And what you believe determines what you do. According to your faith be it unto you. It's not a questionable topic. Shalom.

1 minute ago, branchesofHim said:

Your spirit goes wherever you believe. And what you believe determines what you do. According to your faith be it unto you. It's not a questionable topic. Shalom.

do you read this as

1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

OR do you read that as

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spirit

1 Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

0R

bear the spirit

1 hour ago, branchesofHim said:

If that were true, that my life will only go where my spirit choses, then i would still be lost. I am greatful that the Lord reached out to me and took me from my old life. 

I never really thought of being Christian. 

I cant believe how ignorant that statement is. You think your salvation is up to you, how proud that is. Ifit wasn't for Jesus being selfless, you would have nothing.

• Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Dirt Eaters said:

If that were true, that my life will only go where my spirit choses, then i would still be lost. I am greatful that the Lord reached out to me and took me from my old life. 

I never really thought of being Christian. 

I cant believe how ignorant that statement is. You think your salvation is up to you, how proud that is. Ifit wasn't for Jesus being selfless, you would have nothing.

What do you think God meant when He said

Deuteronomy 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

Deuteronomy 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.

Deuteronomy 30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

Deuteronomy 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

Deuteronomy 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Deuteronomy 30:15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

Deuteronomy 30:16 In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

Deuteronomy 30:17 But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;

Deuteronomy 30:18 I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Deuteronomy 30:20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

What do you think God meant when He said

Deuteronomy 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

Deuteronomy 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.

Deuteronomy 30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

Deuteronomy 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

Deuteronomy 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Deuteronomy 30:15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

Deuteronomy 30:16 In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

Deuteronomy 30:17 But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;

Deuteronomy 30:18 I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Deuteronomy 30:20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Jesus said, he did not come for those who were well, but for those who are sick. And i can tell you, i was very sick spiritually, i was lost and did not know it.

• Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 8/15/2022 at 1:39 PM, DeighAnn said:

I haven't run across this anywhere so any opinions thoughts or insights to Scriptures that might help set it straight will be much appreciated 

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. 

I did not read every post in this thread. But now is as good a time to rethink things.

The body without the spirit is dead because spirit that is absent does not exist.

Go and read, for example, the Statement of Faith for Worthy Ministries.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  242
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 9/8/2022 at 1:26 PM, Starise said:

Under creation there is a time for everything. A time to die and a time for the righteous in Christ to rise. 

We seem to have a textual contradiction if we say we are raised at death since the bible doesn't really say this.

Both the dead in Christ and those who remain will be raised right before the 7th trumpet. It's all there in black and white.

Now we could get into semantics over what state we are in while we wait for this resurrection. The bible says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

If we take that statement at face value with no other accompanying scriptures we could say it literally means we are with God at death OR we could say we are in God's care until we are resurrected. Two very different things. To be 'with' God is to be in His care. 

As someone else has already mentioned here, position or location looks much different in the other realm from everything I gather. So 'where' are we then at death? We know we are in God's care if we are believers. The bible doesn't say absent from the body and present with the Lord in heaven.

No it doesn't say that. 

Hello @Starise,

What would your understanding be of "every man in his own order" in reference to being raised from the dead?

Edited by Cntrysner
  • Interesting! 1

4 hours ago, NCAP said:

The body without the spirit is dead because spirit that is absent does not exist.

When does 'the spirit/soul' cease? 

We know the 'natural' body goes back to dust and 'dust' without the spirit is nothing more than dirt/dust/earth. A body becomes nothing more than a 'carcass' once the spirit has LEFT IT.  It is no longer any part of being a 'being' and is going through the process of no longer existing as even a carcass.

The SPIRIT on the other had has moved on to the spiritual body.  So having gone through the first death is either in the state of NOT having to fear the 2nd death or still FACING the 2nd death, the 2nd death being BY GOD OF BOTH BODY now a spiritual body and soul/spirit at which time the 'spirit' would cease to exist.  

Matthew 10:26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

Matthew 10:27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body

(because we have another one)

but are not able to kill the soul

(because 'death' of the natural body does not END LIFE, just life as a 'human')

but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.