IGNORED

Megalodon teeth abundant in a west Java village, how does Bible explain this ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  12

On 8/20/2022 at 6:57 AM, R. Hartono said:

https://www.detik.com/jabar/budaya/d-6244440/melihat-lagi-perburuan-fosil-gigi-hiu-purba-megalodon-di-sukabumi 

Villagers sell this Megalodon teeth for money. Bible says God created big fishes at sea, what has happened in history of the earth as this teeth are found in a village at Sukabumi, west Java 60 miles from sea ? 

If giant fishes were taken and trapped onto land by the Noah flood why there are African Rhinos at the lowland in southwest Java, which shows that all land was connected with Africa before the flood. Rhinos live at lowland like in Africa. They were not perished by the flood.

The global Flood, in Noah's day, covered the whole Earth with water, killing millions of creatures and covering them rapidly with layers of sediment, producing fossils.  The water then receded, leaving many of these fossils on what is now dry land.

The basic animal kinds were preserved on the Ark.  They then dispersed, after the water receded.

There have also been many geological changes since the Flood, and some places that are now separated by water, were once connected by dry land, so that animals could migrate.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

8 hours ago, Jayne said:

some mountians were formed via continental drift.

Yes, that was the question: how do marine fossils find their way to the top of a mountain. I should have done a cut and paste rather than try to explain it myself. 

"Dr Jo Hellawell, the executive officer of The Palaeontological Association, agreed, telling Newsweek: "Rocks with marine fossils in are found in many mountain ranges due to the movements of the Earth: tectonic plate movements push up mountain ranges and can uplift rocks that were once deep within the crust."

2 hours ago, David1701 said:

The basic animal kinds were preserved on the Ark. 

The plants and animals that Noah preserved come from the Garden of Eden in the Tigris - Euphrates River Valley. What was Eden is now under the Persian Gulf. When the Strait of Hormuz gave away. 

"At the glacial maximum, the coastline lay near the edge of the continental shelf of the Indian Ocean. The Persian Gulf was a dry-land river valley. As sea level rose during the glacial meltdown, the ocean gradually flooded into the Gulf. By the time sea level stabilized, about 6000 years ago, the north end of the Gulf lay well to the north of its present position. The ancient walled city of Ur lay near that ancient shoreline. Since that time, debris from the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers has built a substantial delta, creating most of the land in Kuwait and establishing the present coastlines."

I could easily write a whole book about this. This is a pivot point when man went from hunter gather to food producer. The beginning of civilization. 

2 hours ago, David1701 said:

There have also been many geological changes since the Flood

Now we have space satellites that give us photos. So we can identify the four rivers that we read about in Genesis. 

Genesis 2:10: “A river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and there it divided and became four rivers.” They were the Pishon, the Gihon, the Tigris and the Euphrates.

Only Eden was flooded at the time of Noah. All the plants and animals were saved on Noah's Ark. It is common today to call this the Fertile Crescent. A term that goes back to James Breasted, who wrote the history book about the Middle East.  

35 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

The plants and animals that Noah preserved come from the Garden of Eden in the Tigris - Euphrates River Valley. What was Eden is now under the Persian Gulf. When the Strait of Hormuz gave away. 

"At the glacial maximum, the coastline lay near the edge of the continental shelf of the Indian Ocean. The Persian Gulf was a dry-land river valley. As sea level rose during the glacial meltdown, the ocean gradually flooded into the Gulf. By the time sea level stabilized, about 6000 years ago, the north end of the Gulf lay well to the north of its present position. The ancient walled city of Ur lay near that ancient shoreline. Since that time, debris from the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers has built a substantial delta, creating most of the land in Kuwait and establishing the present coastlines."

I could easily write a whole book about this. This is a pivot point when man went from hunter gather to food producer. The beginning of civilization. 

<sigh>

No-one knows, or can know, where the Garden of Eden was.  The rivers that have been named after the ones that existed before the global flood, might, or might not, be anywhere near, or anything like, the originals.

Please don't write a book based on these unbiblical opinions...

18 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

Now we have space satellites that give us photos. So we can identify the four rivers that we read about in Genesis. 

Genesis 2:10: “A river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and there it divided and became four rivers.” They were the Pishon, the Gihon, the Tigris and the Euphrates.

Only Eden was flooded at the time of Noah. All the plants and animals were saved on Noah's Ark. It is common today to call this the Fertile Crescent. A term that goes back to James Breasted, who wrote the history book about the Middle East.  

Being a born again Christian, I believe what the Bible says, not this rubbish.  The whole Earth was flooded, in Noah's flood.

The modern rivers were named after the ones that existed before the Flood.  They are not the same rivers!

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, David1701 said:

I believe what the Bible says

God gives us more than the Bible. Science has natural physical evidence that God gives us to study and learn to better understand our Bible.  I am 70 years old. I have studied Science and I have studied the Bible a lot. Sometimes up to 12 hours a day. 

You need to look at "whole earth" because that is a translation that needs to be examined. You need to study the Original Hebrew Bible. Strong's is a wonderful reference and resource for this. You many find the Hebrew word Adamah. There is a Hebrew word for the Earth:  erets. There are times in the KJV where Adamah is translated earth instead of using the word ground. 

We see this twice in Genesis chapter 4. The KJV uses the word earth, when the translators should have used the word ground. Earth can mean ground, but this confuses you when you think this is a reference to the whole earth, not just the land God gave to Adam. 

"Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

Genesis 4:14
HEB: מֵעַל֙ פְּנֵ֣י הָֽאֲדָמָ֔ה וּמִפָּנֶ֖יךָ אֶסָּתֵ֑ר
NAS: from the face of the ground; and from Your face
KJV: from the face of the earth; and from
INT: and from the face of the ground your face will be hidden

We need to read the Hebrew Bible for ourselves. WE can not trust the translators, who did not have the science and the facts that we have today. Also, we need to extensively study the Hebrew alphabet to better understand our Bible. 

I spend hundreds and hundreds of hours doing research and study. People want to argue something they have not even put five minutes doing research and study on. Clearly, we are told to study to show yourself approved. (2 Timothy 2:15)

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

No-one knows, or can know, where the Garden of Eden was. 

Lots of people know in Heaven, perhaps everyone there. So sooner or later everyone will know. For now we go by what we have to work with. 

Genesis 2:10 "A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters."

We have the Bible, we have science, we have ancient history. I am 70 years old and have studied this for over 50 years. I bet you have put all of 5 min worth of research and study into what you are telling me. At least you are admitting that you do not know, but it is wrong to assume that others do not know. There is a LOT we do not know, but that does not cancel what little we do know. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Yes, that was the question: how do marine fossils find their way to the top of a mountain. I should have done a cut and paste rather than try to explain it myself. 

"Dr Jo Hellawell, the executive officer of The Palaeontological Association, agreed, telling Newsweek: "Rocks with marine fossils in are found in many mountain ranges due to the movements of the Earth: tectonic plate movements push up mountain ranges and can uplift rocks that were once deep within the crust."

Oh, so you don't  believe in Noah's flood as a global flood as the Bible teaches - covering the mountains as the Bible says in Genesis 7:20?

I believe that there were already mountains before Noah's flood. The Bible plainly says there were.

I also believe that mountains were created during the chaos of the flood and subsequent continental drift.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JohnR7 said:

Lots of people know in Heaven, perhaps everyone there. So sooner or later everyone will know. For now we go by what we have to work with. 

Genesis 2:10 "A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters."

We have the Bible, we have science, we have ancient history. I am 70 years old and have studied this for over 50 years. I bet you have put all of 5 min worth of research and study into what you are telling me. At least you are admitting that you do not know, but it is wrong to assume that others do not know. There is a LOT we do not know, but that does not cancel what little we do know. 

I meant that living people do not know where Eden was.  Perhaps those in heaven know, but we don't know that either.

You would lose your bet...