• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

2 hours ago, Starise said:

You have communication with people in heaven?

Lots of people feel close to their departed loved ones. ESP our parents or children that we spent so much time with here on Earth. Perhaps this is all a product of our imagination. All books are classified as either fiction or non-fiction. If you think what I am saying is fiction, I have absolutely no problem with that at all. 

When people die, I celebrate and rejoice that their work is done, and they have lived out their lives to the praise, honor and glory of God. Of course, there is some mourning, but for me there is more rejoicing that they go to a better place. 

Science tells us that EVERYTHING in the Universe is connected in REAL time.  A theory of everything (TOE or TOE/ToE), final theory, ultimate theory, unified field theory or master theory is a hypothetical, singular, all-encompassing, coherent theoretical framework of physics that fully explains and links together all aspects of the universe. Are you prepared to discuss a theoretical theory of physics?  Or do you just want to say this is a theory and leave it at that? This is how science works. You start with a theory or a hypothesis, then you work to prove if your theory is fact or fiction. 

Edited by JohnR7

• Group:  Royal Member

The flood happened because of the way people were using their imaginations?

We are talking about Genesis 6:5. Do you have a problem with the KJV that uses the word "imagination"? Other translations do use a different word. Perhaps you would like to share your understandig of this passage with us. 

Genesis 6:5 "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

Edited by JohnR7

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

5 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

Lots of people feel close to their departed loved ones. ESP our parents or children that we spent so much time with here on Earth. Perhaps this is all a product of our imagination. All books are classified as either fiction or non-fiction. If you think what I am saying is fiction, I have absolutely no problem with that at all. 

When people die, I celebrate and rejoice that their work is done, and they have lived out their lives to the praise, honor and glory of God. Of course, there is some morning, but for me there is more rejoicing that they go to a better place. 

Science tells us that EVERYTHING in the Universe is connected in REAL time. 

I felt really close to my mother and was sad to see her go. I only had a very brief dream after she died that actually bothered me. I never determined what it was all about. She was standing on the other side of a bridge which might have indicated the other realm. She had a serious look on her face as she gazed at me. I think that look bothered me because I wanted to see a nice smile like she was happy. 

In hindsight, maybe she just hated to see me back there in the world and maybe she had a glimpse of what I would go through before I passed. My mother was never a continually sad person. She would have probably been classified as a melancholy, but she did laugh and enjoy life. I know for a fact she is in the Lord's care. No doubts about her being a believer. Never had anything I would say was a communication after that.

Talking with the dead or necromancy is something the bible forbids. The definition of necromancy- The supposed communication with the dead or black magic. So far as connections are concerned, I think you are referring to string theory. That's probably above my pay grade to understand enough to discuss.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

5 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

We are talking about Genesis 6:5. Do you have a problem with the KJV that uses the word "imagination"? Other translations do use a different word. Perhaps you would like to share your understandig of this passage with us. 

Genesis 6:5 "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

No I don't have a problem with the KJV's use of the word "imagination" here and I knew it was there. After my response to you I figured this might be where you pulled your comments from.

Let me ask you this. Based on this text, is it fair to say that the Lord killed everyone but Noah and his family because of imagination? The context of imagination here would refer to thinking of something all the time. They were thinking of evil all the time. While they had this imagination to do evil I believe the meanings go deeper to the reason for WHY they were doing this. 

Rejection of God, willing continued sinfulness with no intent to repent or stop. Instead, they were looking for ( imagining) MORE WAYS to sin. These were men and hybrids who were beyond any hope of restoration to God. God decided He needed to start over again.

An evil heart leads to sin and evil thoughts. So I see imagination as more of the byproduct of the condition. Not the condition itself.

The first statement is not much different than a witch who says she can contact the spirits of the dead. Think about it.

Yes, I agree with you. This is something we need to be careful with. When we try to help people with the death of a person they love and are close to.  1 Samuel 28 is a good place to begin a study on this. We read that Saul: "6 inquired of the LORD, but the LORD did not answer him by dreams or Urima or prophets. Then He went to a medium.

So we see a clear distinction between prophets and mediums. I was always told that prophets tell you want they receive from God and Mediums tell us what they receive from the devil. 

6 minutes ago, Starise said:

is it fair to say that the Lord killed everyone but Noah and his family because of imagination?

Imagination can be used for good, or it can be used for evil. I saw a part of a Harry Potter movie on TV once, and it was worse than I thought it was going to be. I had a friend who used to go to festivals with banners to tell people that Harry Potter is evil and child should not read those books. 

Does this mean that all fiction is evil? There are a lot of Christian books that are allegory, fiction or novels. I do not hear anyone saying it is wrong to read those books. 

God gives us an imagination and we choose to use our imagination for good or evil. The Bible itself is filled with symbolism. There is a literal Bible, but there are also a lot of allegories in the Bible. Even Jesus liked to use parables as a means of teaching truth people. I have taken four teacher training classes at the Bible college because I wanted to learn how to be a better teacher and how to teach the Bible to people. 

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Talking with the dead or necromancy is something the bible forbids.

John makes it clear we are to try every spirit to know what is of God and what is not of God.  Only the Body can die, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. So our spirit and soul lives on. 

1 John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.